Shutters question for those of you who have sailed in multiple staterooms

Aurora's Mommy

Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!
Yet another in a series of questions in preparation for our cruise in less than a month now :yay:

We are sailing in 2 staterooms, me, by DH and DS in one, my sister and DD in the other. So I was looking at the prepaid shutters information, and it says that as my daughter is under 21, she is included in my photo package even though she is travelling in another stateroom, but my sister would not be.

So, how does that work? If we take our embarking picture together, a few formal night portraits, etc., would anything she is in with us not show up on our disc? Or is it that as long as we are in the picture it shows up? I noted they had a 50% off deal for the second cabin, but that only seemed to apply to packages where you purchase all the pictures on the disc, and I would only want the 10 picture package.

TY!

Here's what happened with us...

Our family had two rooms (me and 2 DD in one room, dh and ds our second room). They were connected.
My sister and her family had one room.

Before boarding I pre-purchased the digital photo package after confirming that my family's two rooms would both be included in digital package (since it was parents and children under 18, this was a non-issue as both of our rooms could be purchased with just one pre-order).

When boarding the ship, sister and I went to Shutters and inquired about the 50% off deal for her room. The told me this was fine, she could get the digital package at half-off. BUT, I had to cancel my pre-paid digital order and re-book with her on-board. According to the Shutters rep, both family members have to be present and order at the same time. This meant that I lost the pre-paid discount, but at least my sister got half-off her order. We ended up just splitting the cost down the middle anyway so it was fine.

Here's where the fun begins, my original order was never truly cancelled. It took MONTHS and hours and hours on the phone to get my money back on my orignial order. I actually posted about it on another tread on the Dis. Evenutally, I had to contact Disney (even though Shutters was a vendor) and dispute the charge with my debit card company. It was a disaster and created significant stress. Some folks would say well it's just $200...but that's a lot of money to me and I had already paid for the images (again) on board.

The digital pics were pretty good, but I probably wouldn't do it again. In the future, if I like a photograph or two, I'll buy a print and call it done. It was too much of a hassle trying to get my money back.

Perhaps I just had a bad experience, but thought you should know there is some risk involved.

Good luck with your decision and have a fantastic cruise!!!

As long as your sister is in a pic with one of you, it should be in your digital folio. Only pics that do not include one of you will not appear. My 17 yro did pics with friends at various times and those all appeared on our disk, too.

The only photos you won't get are those of JUST your sister. I'm thinking that's probably somewhat unlikely and rare, so could be purchased separately if she really wants it. Any picture with a member of your immediate family will be included in your package, including any that also have your sister with at least one of the rest of you.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were in two rooms as well and it worked out great. As long as someone form our room is in the picture the picture will be included in our choices. We bought the package where we got all the prints and loved it. It worked out great.

We were on the Fantasy in June. We had 3 staterooms. Myself and my 2 DDs in one, my parents in another, and my brother in a 3rd. I did not prepurchase because of the one pkg per stateroom rule. I basically resigned myself to not getting the pictures. However, when you are there they put all the pics associated with your stateroom in an album for you to look at. Somehow, except for one or 2 pictures of my parents, all the pictures ended up in one album. When I scanned my card at the digital viewer they all appeared there too. So I took a gamble and bought one package for my stateroom and we ended up with basically all the pics---including ones of my parents alone, and my brother alone. I think we were just lucky, or they gave up trying to figure out who was in what room---so they just lumped them all together. My advice---use just one stateroom KTTW card for all meet and greets and other photo ops. We only used my card so that may have helped all the pics get hooked to my stateroom. For the photos that don't use a card---restaurants, CC etc it is probably just luck but getting as many combos of people together as you can probably helps --ex One of my parents with DDs, my brother with 1 DD, me and my parents, everyone alone etc. Just make sure you go thru with the CM when you are ordering and make sure all the photos are linked to the stateroom you are buying the package for---she warned me that the ones of just my brother or my parents might be filtered out on the CD but they were all there when we got home. We ended up with over 125 pics from Shutters.

Having lots of fun with the new Disney photobook on Shutterfly now creating a keepsake of our awesome trip!

Our experience was different. Sometimes the picture would be in our stateroom, and sometimes in the other stateroom and some were just missing altogether. We were told (quite rudely unfortunately) that it was our fault the pictures were missing because we skipped our embarkation picture, and they use face recognition based on that photo. Then the guy turned and walked off, he wouldn't even chat about what could be done to fix the issue.

Fortunately, two things happened 1) I didn't leave it with the rude guy but went and talked to a lady at the counter who was very nice and helpful and 2) It was a 9 night cruise and we chatted with them about the issue 3 days into the cruise, so it was early enough that they were able to iron everything out before the end of the cruise and all but one of the missing photos was found.

In the future, we won't skip the embarkation picture and early in the cruise we'll check our pictures to make sure their software is working correctly in grouping the pictures.

I have same question.. I'm going to travel with my family and we have 5 staterooms. Could all of us got 2cd discount if one of us pre-purchase the cd?

Our experience was different. Sometimes the picture would be in our stateroom, and sometimes in the other stateroom and some were just missing altogether. We were told (quite rudely unfortunately) that it was our fault the pictures were missing because we skipped our embarkation picture, and they use face recognition based on that photo. Then the guy turned and walked off, he wouldn't even chat about what could be done to fix the issue.

Fortunately, two things happened 1) I didn't leave it with the rude guy but went and talked to a lady at the counter who was very nice and helpful and 2) It was a 9 night cruise and we chatted with them about the issue 3 days into the cruise, so it was early enough that they were able to iron everything out before the end of the cruise and all but one of the missing photos was found.

In the future, we won't skip the embarkation picture and early in the cruise we'll check our pictures to make sure their software is working correctly in grouping the pictures.

Wow, that's a great tip I wouldn't have thought of. Actually, my sister coming with us is a surprise for the kids (even at 16 and 13, they love their Auntie!). We were trying to figure out when to surprise them, at port or on the ship (ya know, just have them hanging around the atrium when they announce "Introducing, Aunt Lisa!), but I kept thinking that would leave her out of the embarkation picture. Now, we are definitely meeting up at port!

Thanks to everyone for the great input! As usual DisBoards rule!

We just made sure that we were all in each picture... never had a problem combining stateroom photos except for a handful of individual character pictures, that nobody wanted anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter