1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Shutters Info

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ajgardner, Apr 20, 2013.

1. ajgardner

ajgardner Mouseketeer

I have been reading through old threads and found one talking about how the Shutters CDs now have borders on all photos. I'm a bit disappointed in hearing this, as I wouldn't want borders on every picture... So, how about the photos that you can buy right there? Can you ask for these without borders? If there is a really nice photo, while the borders may be nice for a scrapbook, I am not going to want to hang it up in my home with the border on it.

Also, I have read that when viewing the photos they are shown without the borders but then once you get the CD the borders are there - sometimes cutting off part of the picture (including parts of people). If I decide to buy a CD (which now I'm not so sure..) would I be able to preview it with the borders before buying? Seems like a simple solution would be to have each photo duplicated on the CD - one plain and one with a border...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

You have been able to request a copy of a picture without borders at the desk in the past. Not sure of recent experience since we didn't get any pictures last cruise.

4. Cotton Family

Cotton Family Earning My Ears

I am planning to get a photo mat to get signed by the characters and would like to know what size would be the best choice. I am planning on getting the picture from shutters of the family to put in it. Should I get a 4x6 or 8x10 or ?[​IMG]

5. havaneselover

havaneselover DIS Veteran

Shutters photos are 8" by 10" or 6" by 8". I bought the 10 image cd and used a 5" by 7" (oversized 18" by 18" mat-came out fabulously. But there were only a few images which I could use because I refuse to use one with the hideous borders.

6. COASTIEandMATE

COASTIEandMATE Mouseketeer

I LOVE the borders and only buy the photos because the borders are included!! Different courses for different horses! :thumbsup2 ALOHA, Karen

7. havaneselover

havaneselover DIS Veteran

Perhaps, but it seems the consensus is they are awful. At a minimum, they should be optional.

8. Cotton Family

Cotton Family Earning My Ears

Thank you so much, I'll get the 18"x18" mat frame!
    [​IMG]