Shutter Remote

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by cjstarr, May 16, 2013.

1. cjstarr

cjstarr DIS Veteran

For those of you that use a shutter remote I would like to know which one you use and why. I am going to purchase one and at this moment looking at the two below.
    Pixel Wireless Timer Remote Control TW-282 $76.95 from Hong Kong
    and the
    Vello Wireless ShutterBoss Timer Remote $99.95 from NY NY

I know nothing about what to look for in a remote and need to make sure that I only have to buy once. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. havoc315

havoc315 DIS Veteran

Honestly dont remember the brand, but I bought one for about $20 that works fine. But I rarely use it. Actually, have only used it once thus far.

4. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

Be sure if you're using a wireless remote that your camera will respond to the signal if you're behind it. For shooting fireworks, I'm always behind or beside the camera so I stuck with my $20 wired remote.

5. Gianna'sPapa

Gianna'sPapa DIS Veteran

I doubt this will help, but I use the OEM for my camera (Pentax Remote Control F).

6. YesDear

YesDear <font color=red>Admired by the Tag Fairy for such

I have the vello wireless one and it works really well!

7. photo_chick

photo_chick Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about

With the 6D I use my smartphone with the EOS Remote app and my cameras built in wifi. For my other DSLR's I use a cheap wired remote.

8. magicmike200

magicmike200 Earning My Ears

Check out the Yongnuo RF-603 for your camera. They work great and double as a wireless flash trigger. The only downside is when using it as a shutter release, the remote has a hot shoe mount, so it's not the most professional solution.

9. bob100

bob100 DIS Veteran

I use the older RF-602 on a Canon - great for a wireless flash trigger and remote shutter

10. Visitante

Visitante Earning My Ears

I have the Vello FreeWave Wireless Remote Shutter Release. $ 39.50 at BHPhoto.

They have cables for almost all camera brands. I use it with canon and nikon.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/795738-REG/Vello_RW_S1_FreeWave_Wireless_Remote_Shutter.html