Shula's vs Bull & Bear

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by OKW Lover, Oct 30, 2012.

?

Which is the better steakhouse?

1. Shula's

2. Bull & Bear

3. Other, because there is always an other...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Did a search and didn't find this discussed before.

There are many discussions on this board about who the "best steak" for those visiting WDW. One name comes up often - Shula's (at the Dolphin). Some folks have mentioned Bull & Bear at the Waldorf-Astoria (technically not on property but close enough for me).

I have eaten at Bull & Bear and loved it. Haven't tried Shula's yet, but I will.

I'd love to hear comments from people who have tried both. Which did you like better and why?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

Interesting that so far Shula's is the leader in the poll, unanimously.

4. Peter Pirate 2

Peter Pirate 2 <font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I

If u can afford B &B with no hesitation then there is no decision.

5. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

I've never been to Bear & Bull, but I would love to try it. Shula's is really good but there are better steaks out there.

6. Ms. Belle

Ms. Belle Today is my Unbirthday!

I voted for "other", because I've never been Bull & Bear, although I've heard it's very good. I have been to Shula's and it's just ok. I think it's good for drinks, apps and desserts in the bar. The steaks weren't anything special and the prices are ridiculous for something that I didn't really like. I prefer Ruth's Chris anyday over Shula's.

7. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I'd vote, except it wouldn't be fair since I've never done B&B.

8. OKW Lover

Even though I started the poll I didn't vote either. I'm in the same situation as Uncleromulus in that I've only been to one of them - in my case B&B.

9. skunkvette

skunkvette You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an E

Good question.

I voted Shula's as better steak, but would choose B&B for dinner tonight, if I were in town.

I have been to both B&B and Shula's multiple times.

I prefer B&B for the dining experience, but feel the best steak I ever had on property was Yachtsman three weeks ago.

10. garneska

garneska Mouseketeer

I thought i did a comparison of the two and it might be on the waldorf astoria thread, but I have eaten at both. My hubby and I eat at Bull and Bear every chance we get, about 5 times. I have eaten at Shula's once and him twice (once with me, once when he was on a work trip). We specifically went to Shula's just to compare it to Bull and Bear (so we had eaten here at least 3 times before we went to Shula's). Honestly the price is not that different. I would say that Bull and Bear was more expensive but only a few dollars. For a good steak place I don't find Bull and Bear badly priced. Unfortunately it has been a year almost since being at Bull and Bear (going in a couple of weeks :cool1:). I thought the steak was better at Bull and Bear but steak was almost as good at Shula's. I thought the appetizers and sides were better at Bull and Bear. I also really like the ambiance there. I love football but Shula's is so dark and loud because of all the wood. B&B is quiet and less people, better service. Servers were more polished. In general they are very close but for me I prefer Bull and Bear. Ask questions if you want more details.

11. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

My friends were scheduled to go to Bull and Bear mid-October but changed their minds when they saw changes to the menu that must have occurred in recent months. They went to Citrico's instead.

I haven't been to B&B, either. I would love it if someone who had gone to B&B earlier this year would re-visit and tell us if the changes were for the better or for the worse.

12. OKW Lover

Lori, Val & I went to B&B in September and really enjoyed it. Can't comment on the change in menu since that was the first time we went.

I was amused that the lighting in B&B is very dim. So much so that the menus and wine lists come in a portfolio that has little lights built in.

13. garneska

garneska Mouseketeer

I just checked the menu on the website. Looks very similar to what I had in Jan (how sad, but should be going at the end of the month).