Showing AP at Check In - Updated 2-20

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
I just read a recent post where a couple people said they were asked for their AP at check in. We are arriving next Monday. We have our tickets, bought from a third party vendor, but I was planning to upgrade one to a seasonal pass on Tuesday, our first park day. Have a lot of people recently been asked for the AP at check in? Should I do the upgrade on Monday before we check in? Do I have to go into a park to do so? If not, where can I do it? Thanks again for any advice.

I stayed at rpr this month
Did notice AP was requested for the peeps on both sides of me

Upgrade your tickets to an ap when you are in the park
When you return back to the hotel at the end of your park day, show the check in lobby employees the ap

Your ap rate will be honored
Zero problems

Upgrade at guest services at the parks
Use your ticket to enter the park then upgrade them anytime that day

Probably less crowds at guest services later in the day

If you go early morning or near park closing time, you could have line waits at gs

No need to rush to get it taken care of but do it sometime on day 1

I just read a recent post where a couple people said they were asked for their AP at check in. We are arriving next Monday. We have our tickets, bought from a third party vendor, but I was planning to upgrade one to a seasonal pass on Tuesday, our first park day. Have a lot of people recently been asked for the AP at check in? Should I do the upgrade on Monday before we check in? Do I have to go into a park to do so? If not, where can I do it? Thanks again for any advice.

Please report back how it goes with you? I am arriving on Saturday around midnight in August. Planning to upgrade on Sunday, my first park day. There is no way to enter the park then upgrade on my arrival "night".

Thanks in advance and have a wonderful trip!

Read some of the past threads of the last 3 months

Many upgraded tickets to ap after they were in the parks

No one reported issues by showing the ap after checking in the next day

Uhm, if I ordered my AP, but it said I needed to pick it up there, where do I do that? And do I do that before checking into the hotel? We'll be getting in like...2:30am.

Check into the hotel and get the ap later

Guest services will be open 30 minutes
(Or earlier) before the park opens

You won't have any problems

The hotel attraction desk opens at 9 am
You said to pick it up there so wondering you mean at the hotel?

Check into the hotel and get the ap later

Guest services will be open 30 minutes
(Or earlier) before the park opens

You won't have any problems

The hotel attraction desk opens at 9 am
You said to pick it up there so wondering you mean at the hotel?

At RPR, mom and I picked up our tickets and our unlimited fastpass thing from an unmanned kiosk over by the concierge desk. I wasn't sure if that was where I'd get my AP or if I had to get it elsewhere. Can I still get the unlimited fastpass thing before picking my AP up in the park? Or am I going to have to go back and forth between them? :|

If you are staying at rpr, use the kiosk machine for that to create your ep

Swipe your room key and make a pose

Push the button after you take your pic and out will come your ex pass

Use the kiosk that is marked for the ep

Wait!

You posted you have the ep?
The hotel photo pass is the unlimited ep

Ep is connected to the hotels

Ap is connected to the parks so go to guest services (park)

(Do not know if the attractions desk can exchange your voucher for your
Ap)

They can print our prepaid tickets as I have used them for pick up on hhn tickets and tours

Just an update - we checked in today around noon and were not asked to show our AP. In all honesty, with all the worrying I did about it, I wasn't even thinking about it when we checked in. My daughter wasn't feeling well and my mind was on her. Just wanted to share our check in experience.

At RPR, mom and I picked up our tickets and our unlimited fastpass thing from an unmanned kiosk over by the concierge desk. I wasn't sure if that was where I'd get my AP or if I had to get it elsewhere. Can I still get the unlimited fastpass thing before picking my AP up in the park? Or am I going to have to go back and forth between them? :|

Your express passes aren't tied to your tickets.

You can get the tickets from the kiosk at the hotel. You can get your AP from the ticket desk at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter