1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Showering in the spa

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ajjcarlin, Apr 18, 2013.

1. ajjcarlin

ajjcarlin Earning My Ears

Can you go shower in the spa rather than in the tiny showers? Would I have to purchase a rainforest pass for this?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Yes. No cost. Cool stuff in there too.

4. ajjcarlin

Awesome, thank you! I had a massage last week on the Magic and showered afterwards and it was soooo nice.

5. robhawk

robhawk DIS Veteran

One cruise we had an inside cabin without the split bathroom. I used the spa showers all week. Worked out great!

6. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

The showers are in the changing rooms, so not connected to the rainforest. :)

7. noahsketomom

noahsketomom DIS Veteran

My DH is 6'11" and showered there regularly. He loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8. ajjcarlin

That's fantastic, I will be there daily! Loved the products in the shower and the huge shower head, so much better than the tiny shower in room.

9. MarthaTracks

MarthaTracks Earning My Ears

So from pictures I've seen, there weren't curtains on the Rainforest showers. Am I just not seeing them in the picture or are there really none?:blush:

10. abayaflowers

abayaflowers DIS Veteran

Great idea! I will tell my DH.

11. m&m's mom

m&m's mom <font color=deeppink>Waiting for the waterless cru

I did not take 1 shower in my room last week. I always put on conditioner and then go into the sauna and let the heat soak it in.

12. oklamomof4boys

oklamomof4boys DIS Veteran

No curtains in the rainforest showers- you have to keep a swimsuit on in the rainforest room.

13. m&m's mom

m&m's mom <font color=deeppink>Waiting for the waterless cru

Yep cause you will see both sexes in there.

14. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

In the changing rooms:

Is the sauna with or without bathing suit??
    After you have showered can you dry off and put on clothes in the changing room or do you struggle and do that still in the shower???

I have heard multiple people about taking a shower in the changing room but i also have read several responces on different threads that naked people in the changing room is scary and disgusting... I don't want to offend people so would like to know what the policy is here...

Thanks

15. oklamomof4boys

oklamomof4boys DIS Veteran

Saunas are with bathing suit. As far as after showering- they give you big robes to put on. Everyone I saw justbslipped those on after the shower. We were on the Magic and there were only 2 showers- don't know if it is different on the other ships. My fifth Disney cruise but my first to use the spa showers. I am now hooked! Anyway, with only 2 showers I would hate for someone to take time in the shower to put on their clothes if someone was waiting. I am a fairly modest person, but I was never offended by naked people in the changing room. Most people were discreet and faced the lockers when dressing. Occasionally there were people more comfortable with being naked in front of people but it never bothered me. The first day imwas very nervous and took my clothes into the bathroom stall to dress. But after that I thought that was ridiculous and changed like everyone else in the changing room.

16. chateau

chateau DIS Veteran

This is one of those "secrets" that really came in handy. No packing shavers either. Full size hair dryer (as opposed to other cruise lines, I know) and plenty of room to do make-up.

17. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

In the coed areas you should wear a suit or risk being a topic of discussion here when you get home ;).

In the single sex lockers rooms its ludicrous for anyone to suggest nudity is inappropriate. We are not in 7th grade, and should all be long past the point of trying to change our clothes without showing any skin. Change away. I also agree with the PP that lingering in the stall to change when others are waiting to shower is a bit inconsiderate.

18. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

Thanks for the reply oklamomof4boys and orenni!!!!

This information helped so much.

It's exactly how i thought it was and also how i always did it.
    But since the last time i cruised i noticed some remarks about people being naked inside the
    Locker rooms....
    And that made me insecure about if i was doing something wrong.
    Glad to hear that i didn't :-)

Thanks again!!!!

19. aeasterling

aeasterling Earning My Ears

What time do the locker rooms open? Are they open at 6am with the fitness center?

20. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

Right? It's a changing room. How do you change your clothes without getting naked? :confused3

21. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

:rotfl2:

Do these people ever go to gyms? I am not sure how you are suppose to change in a locker room, but if a naked body bothers you then the solution is not to go to locker rooms, not to whine on message boards.