Show off your door!!

Mike2023 said:
Just found this thread. Cool ideas here.

Here is Tower of Terror themed door and FE from our last cruise.

That is AWESOME!! Very creative!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

178770_4160072490252_1259314220_o.jpg
[/IMG]
456840_4160067970139_1027546690_o.jpg
[/IMG]

One of the magnets I had made has our last name on it. Didnt think about it but after looking at this thread I notice most people only use 1st names!

Is this a problem?

Thanks!

I meant safety issue??

That would be a personal decision based on level of privacy.

Theoretically, someone could take a pic of your door and post it online.

And what is posted online is what you wouldn't mind physically posted on your local grocer's bulletin board times a million.

That would be a personal decision based on level of privacy.

Theoretically, someone could take a pic of your door and post it online.

And what is posted online is what you wouldn't mind physically posted on your local grocer's bulletin board times a million.

Thank You!

What is the best type of magnet to use? I was originally going to get the avery magnet sheets, but read that they weren't that great. Amazon has a printer sheet as well with better reviews. But now thinking that laminating cardstock and adding some sort of magnet strip to the back would be best.

What is the best type of magnet to use? I was originally going to get the avery magnet sheets, but read that they weren't that great. Amazon has a printer sheet as well with better reviews. But now thinking that laminating cardstock and adding some sort of magnet strip to the back would be best.

I've used the Avery sheets, and they stick fine, are thin & light for transport, but are expensive (5 sheets for $13 or more), and the colors look a little washed out IMO.

I just got done making signs for our trip in 2 weeks and used high quality photo paper. I got the HP premium heavyweight paper and the signs look awesome! Vibrant colors, much cheaper than the magnet sheets, & I used a roll of thin self adhesive magnet strip attached to the back (Xyron brand in a purple hand held dispenser). On an 8 1/2x 11" sign I used the magnet tape in 3 strips. You just have to hang one on your fridge or something for awhile and make sure it's enough. You can also attach thoe thick button type magnets & attach with glue dots, but the magnets are so think it makes it harder to pack many signs in a small space, and your signs can get kind of pock marked from all the signs & bumpy magnets. Those are strong magnets, though!

As for the PP who asked about putting last names on signs, I am of the feeling that personalized signs=less chance of them walking off because they are cute!

I wouldn't bother laminating the signs. Cardstock or photo paper will be just fine & it is impossible to get anything to stick to lamination.

It sort of depends on what ship/what room you have.

The magnetic sheets that you can buy (like the rubber, fridge magnets) work fine for most of the doors.

Concierge on the new ships, however, have a wood laminate over the metal door. Stronger magnets are needed for these doors.

This was our second DCL cruise and our first time decorating our door. I loved it! Made me happy to return to my cabin and easy for my 2 year old to spot which one was ours! I will definitely carry this over to other cruise lines any time we sail.

I printed my magnets with Target Photo Online, including the ears. Much cheaper than buying new ink and bigger paper for the photo printer. I used sticky back magnet tape on the back. The ears came out great, we will use Target again next time.

IMAGE_89C2FFEF-107F-451C-9655-0594456AE8A7.JPG

IMAGE_BF94A373-78BD-47E8-A3C8-633E8796E9B4.JPG

It sort of depends on what ship/what room you have.

The magnetic sheets that you can buy (like the rubber, fridge magnets) work fine for most of the doors.

Concierge on the new ships, however, have a wood laminate over the metal door. Stronger magnets are needed for these doors.

We're going on the Fantasy, category 5C, deck 7 if that makes a difference.

This was our second DCL cruise and our first time decorating our door. I loved it! Made me happy to return to my cabin and easy for my 2 year old to spot which one was ours! I will definitely carry this over to other cruise lines any time we sail.

I printed my magnets with Target Photo Online, including the ears. Much cheaper than buying new ink and bigger paper for the photo printer. I used sticky back magnet tape on the back. The ears came out great, we will use Target again next time.

IMAGE_89C2FFEF-107F-451C-9655-0594456AE8A7.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-
9J9wJh1hiO0/UQ6nlKZkGlI/AAAAAAAANVk/HZk1a5uIMZc/s800/IMAGE_BF94A373-78BD-47E8-A3C8-633E8796E9B4.JPG​

So you just ordered 8 x 10 photos through target and cut everything out?

If you go to an office store such as office depot, would they print them for you on magnetic sheets, does anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter