Show off your door!!

our door back in Sept '08, my hubby said this next cruise I MUST cutback since the kids are not coming.....NOT!!!!:rotfl2:
DSC02585.jpg

Anna_Door_August_2009_smaller.jpg
Claire_Door_August_2009_smaller.jpg

Here are our doors from the August 15, 2009 cruise on the Magic. This was after I started giving away magnets so there are a few gaps where magnets were taken...unfortunately someone also took my Mickey Ears. I probably gave away 3000+ magnets on this cruise. I had created about 190 peace magnets (I printed at least 5 of each), 100 or so Mickey magnets (I printed at least 5 of each), and three different styles of letters...nautical, rainbow mickey head, and mickey characters (I printed between 4 and 50 of each letter). You can see an example of the letters on the door on the right. In the end, I came home with maybe 1 lb. of magnets...I brought 50 lbs. Almost everything I put out on the door was given away, but I just got tired of putting out more magnets and so had a few to take home. I started using any surface to put out magnets...all of the panels between cabin doors are metal, so I was able to spread out and put magnets all over.

I also gave away about 50 pairs of black Mickey Ears to the cabins around me...unfortunately after a couple days somebody stole one ear from each of the doors. It was sad.

The Fish Extenders were made by my sister who is amazing with a sewing machine. The dowel ends are antenna toppers.

I have powerpoint files of all the images of the magnets I gave away...let me know if you want one with a PM including your email address and what you want...I can't send the files via PM. All of the images were downloaded from the internet, manipulated in paint or photoshop, and fit into a circle in powerpoint. I have four files....ears (black or rainbow), letters, peace circles, and mickey circles. Forgive me if I don't get back to you right away....I only check my PMs a couple times a week.

Are those mickeys and minnies made on a cricut? we did some cricut stuff for our door and loved them.

Yes, my DW made them on a cricut for our last cruise. She made 4 -- a different Mickey one for each of our three boys and the Minnie/Mickey one for our door. She plans to do some more this cruise for my DSIL/DBIL's stateroom door.

Here's our door from the Disney Wonder July 26-30, 2009. It was our first decorated door, so its pretty simple.

StateroomDoor.jpg

stateroomdoor1.jpg

stateroomdoor2.jpg

Disney On A Dime! WHERE DID YOU GET STITCH!!!!
what can I say.....I'm a stitch addict....need more stitchy things....no mum you can't get too many stitch pins...I know I'm 27...I don't care...I want stitch...

Hi! Sorry my reply is so delayed...I haven't been on the boards in a couple of days...:upsidedow The pirate stitch magnet was created by BabaBear (Mel) over on the DISigns board. She created it for me back in February...not sure if she is still DISigning, but you could check....:stitch:

Where do you guys GET all this stuff???
Is it magnets! I can't imagine you could use stickers...but are the doors magnetic???

Metal Doors - magnet sheets from Walmart

I never knew people did this. I'm so new to this whole Disney cruising thing!
Have you ever had anything stolen and do MOST doors have this???
I have nothing to put on when we go :(

Most people Did have something small on their doors but these examples are the fun!

Disney On A Dime! WHERE DID YOU GET STITCH!!!!
what can I say.....I'm a stitch addict....need more stitchy things....no mum you can't get too many stitch pins...I know I'm 27...I don't care...I want stitch... [/QUOTE]
100_1386.jpg

100_1249.jpg

100_1248.jpg

100_1246.jpg

100_1247.jpg

100_1252.jpg

Ours from Oct 2008 (actually these are on our door at our house -forgot to take a picture on the ship):

Doorfinished.jpg

On this cruise, I had a couple of little children who loved our Mickey Heads and I gave them some. Their mom said it really made them happy. I decided that I would always make some to give out to people if I ever cruised again.

And from our May 2009 cruise:

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

The mickey heads are the paint chips from Home Depot. I peeled off the head and put a small square sticky back magnet on the back. I made well over 200 of them and passed them out to all kinds of people. I would go down the hall and if I saw a room that had children, I would put 3-4 mickey heads on their door.

The items on the fish extenders. What are they used for? Trying to get some ideas for our cruise in May.
Thanks

The items on the fish extenders. What are they used for? Trying to get some ideas for our cruise in May.
Thanks

On the cruise meets boards, people find their cruise, and there they will find others cruising the same time. On your cruise meets board, if someone wants to start an FE gift exchange, thats where it'll happen and thats where people sign up for it. The Fish Extenders have pockets in them that treats and small gifts are put into by others in the Gift Exchange. It's like a Secret Santa.

I love all the doors and when I went almost 2 years ago we had nothing and I totally forgot until I just got on here...where do you all get those magnets, any of them..they are awesome....where did you get the disney cruise line with your names...and for being a repeat cruise don't we get something as a little gift, I thought I heard before...thanks so much and can't wait to o our door, once I find some stuff!!! thanks

I love all the doors and when I went almost 2 years ago we had nothing and I totally forgot until I just got on here...where do you all get those magnets, any of them..they are awesome....where did you get the disney cruise line with your names...and for being a repeat cruise don't we get something as a little gift, I thought I heard before...thanks so much and can't wait to o our door, once I find some stuff!!! thanks

Visit the cruise magnets and graphics links thread a few up or down from this thread. Once there, either request blanks of any disigns you see and like and personlize them yourself, OR request personalized disigns from the disigners there. Milliepie has a link to her photo bucket album in the bottom of her signiture in each of her posts, and you can access my album by clicking on any of the thumbnail photos I've posted.

Thanks for posting everyone! These are great doors! Lots of great ideas here.
I plan to print up tonz of magnets for my upcoming cruise.

I will come back and post some pics up real soon. Very cool thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter