Show off your door!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by krazy4crusing, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Keurigirl

Keurigirl let's all sing like the birdies sing

Here is ours!

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. srauchbauer

srauchbauer DIS Veteran

i love your fish extender did you make it or buy it; also love the door.

4. tootsiemr

tootsiemr DVC MEMBER

5. Muslickz

Muslickz Mouseketeer

I really like that :) it's inspiring.... I want to go out and do my own door lol

-M

6. taximom00

taximom00 Mouseketeer

Hi
    Where did you get the license plates? I love them!
    And where did you get your FE?

This is our first Disney cruise (in July) and I'm signed up for the FE but don't actually have one yet!

I have a few pictures to make into magnets and would love the license plates, too!

Thanks!

7. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

If I may but in.... the license plates were made by a Disigner who no longer is on the boards. His work was so creative & insanely popular and he worked relentlessly to keep up with all the requests. Even when he would try to take a break, people would post requests for when he returned.

So much of my best magnets came from him. He is still missed here. :sad:

8. taximom00

taximom00 Mouseketeer

Thanks for letting me know!

9. Erineliza38

Erineliza38 Mouseketeer

I am really new to all this as we just booked our first Disney cruise. This might seem like an uneducated question- but what are the Fish Extenders for? I don't want to be "out of the loop" when we go :-)

10. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

FEs are for when people sign up for a small gift exchange. Each sailing has a thread in the Meets section so everyone on a particular cruise can chat in advance. For those who choose to participate in the FE, people list their family info (kids gender & ages) and each day deliver 1 gift to everyone on the list.
    It's very popular others can give more info based on experience but I've never done it. It sounds like fun but I just don't have the time or energy nor do I want to have to pack so much more stuff. jmho.

11. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

BibbidyBobbidyBoo <font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate DIS Lifetime Sponsor

omg! arghhhhhhhh I forgot to take pics of our doors- AGAIN! Why do I always forget this? LOL Everyone's doors look awesome btw. :)

12. Pwac

Pwac Mouseketeer

Here are the four doors I did:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sari8970

sari8970 Mouseketeer

I've been making some mickey heads and others have made some other things for me. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to cut them out for the shape.

Thanks!

Sari

14. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

Good question! If anyone has the answer, it would save me some time searching the forums : )

15. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

I don't know if I'm reading your question right, but I've always just used scissors. I don't know of any other way, unless you're good with an x-acto knife...

16. Drew9780

Drew9780 Mouseketeer

Bumping

17. aiken4mickey

aiken4mickey DIS Veteran

Love your doors!! Where did you come up with the idea for the Tiara? I love it! The Minnie ears and bow are great too! I always decorate our doors....my next cruise is with my BFF's and we're celebrating our 40 something birthdays...and considering changing up the door design to something more adult and birthday related.....Again, great doors!

18. labdogs42

labdogs42 <font color=darkorchid>I managed to wrestle a play

AWESOME doors! It looks like you laminated the designs before adding magnets? What kind of magnets and paper do yo use? Everything looks great!!

19. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

Ha! I'm not good with any cutting implement : ) I was just thinking that my mickey ears might have jagged edges if I use scissors. But maybe the magnet paper cuts more smoothly than paper. I guess I'll find out!

20. DaisyMay

DaisyMay DaisyMay has Minnie as her Best Friend who loves e

OMG...Your door is GREAT!!! Love the crown. Would love a pattern of that.
    Also love the oval design on one of the other door that has Dumbo and the ship on it. Could I get a copy of that?
    Great Job! ;o)

21. janpluto

janpluto Mouseketeer

Looks like I need to start working on my door magnets for our August cruise. Everyone's doors look amazing!!