Show off your door!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by krazy4crusing, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Tammi67

Tammi67 <font color=green>1st to out the Tag Fairy as the

Could someone please tell me who the "Sorry we're on vacation" design belongs to? TIA.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Conceptualice

Conceptualice Earning My Ears

Is there a thread for the DCL Shuttle license plates? I see them all over the place and I have been searching through the forums, I would like to make some for my family if possible? :)

4. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

IIRC they're made by ****** who sadly is no longer disigning on the Disboards. :sad2:

eta: wow, I guess he's banned. :sad1:

5. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

FE is short for Fish Extender. Sounds funny but every door has a little metal decorative fish that holds mail for guests. People make a little pocket hanging device (thus extending the fish) and do a small gift exchange with others on the ship. See photo in pp #459.
    To sign up for the FE exchange you would find your sail date on the "meets" thread. Someone usually acts as the leader/coordinator.
    Don't feel obligated; it's a small percentage of cruisers. You won't feel like an oddball without a FE. Lots of people like it as a fun way to meet others on the cruise.
    We're usually sailing with a big group of friends & family which is hard enough to keep things coordinated with so I personally don't do it but many do & enjoy it. :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

6. Tammi67

Oh wow. Darn. Anyone have the file for it that they would like to share???

7. fourQ

fourQ Earning My Ears

check out millipies blog. You will find a link to the person you are looking for.

8. Tammi67

Thank you!

9. Onkel Hans

Onkel Hans Mouseketeer

10. Tammi67

Sorry. I didn't mean to stir up any trouble. Carry on with the wonderful pictures! :)

11. wenuwish

wenuwish Dreamer of Dreams

[​IMG]
    We had a lot of fun decorating our door!

12. HartNSoul76

HartNSoul76 Mouseketeer

love this one :) didn't find the sombrero any hints on where to find it:?)

13. Siliobear

Siliobear Mouseketeer

14. wenuwish

wenuwish Dreamer of Dreams

Sorry, I can't help, those were a really awesome FE gift. It made finding the doors for out FE drop offa lot easier! I tried to do my own but they didn't work out, I'd love to find out what I did wrong for next time!

15. boettj

boettj DIS Veteran

What is this door decorating idea? I've not seen this before. Is it a cruise thing? Or something that you can find at the Disney parks as well?

The pictures look great, and my 6 year old would love to help decorate our door. Do you use tape or some other method to attach to the door?

Jason

16. maria-fan-22

maria-fan-22 DIS Veteran

Mainly just Cruises, the ships have very long hallways that just about all look the same, so people decorate their doors to make their rooms easier to find. The ships also have metal doors so we can stick magnets on there.

17. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

They ask that you not use tape because it could damage the door. Some people print pictures on magnetic paper and others use regular card stock paper and put adhesive magnets on the back.

18. DisneyMew

DisneyMew Earning My Ears

These are amazing doors :thumbsup2

I'll be sure to post a picture of mine when i get back in april! :cheer2:

:banana:

19. boettj

boettj DIS Veteran

Magnets. Got it thank you. I mentioned this at dinner, and both my DD6 and DD10 were already coming up with ideas. In another thread about laminating, I read that some use picture paper to print their images on, and attach the magnets to the back. No need to laminate the picture paper. That makes sense now. With only 34 days left, we have work to do.

Thank you

Jason

20. Panfan86

Panfan86 Mouseketeer

How would i get to millipie's blog? There are still some things on here that im learning lol. Also, I would love to have the link for the "What Happens at Sea Stays at Sea" sign. This is my first cruise and I am excited to decorate my door, just have to find enough magnets! Im also looking for 2 different DISer magnet designs ive seen. one is the DCL logo with the green mickey head, and the other has a full mickey looking like he's jumping out at you on a green mickey head. Would anyone be willing to make some Alaska designs for me? im not that creative lol. Sorry for all the questions, and thank you in advance for everyone's help! :worship:

21. Panfan86

Panfan86 Mouseketeer

nevermind on the millipie blog, just found it! lol. But I am still trying to find everything else