Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia+DLP TR Sept 2014*COMPLETE* New TR link added 7/3

Our boats to the airport were leaving at 10 am

Now THAT is a phrase you don't hear every day.

WOW, you have to go all the way to Disney Paris for an Upgrade. I have to admit, the way it was worded did make me laugh... It's your lucky day because your room is flooded. Yeah, that does sound lucky. :rotfl2:

Wow wow wow!! You know you're a Disney fan when... your forgo the Eiffel Tower for a Disney park. That hotel looks like it is literally on the doorstep. So excited to hear about DLP!!

Very nice last morning - good you had some time to pack and enjoy breakfast and then take the water taxi to the airport. Glad it all went smoothly despite the car to DLP but that extra pixie dust you got was worth it!! So cool to stay there. I am interested to hear your thoughts on the rides and any restaurants you went to (did you do any character meals??). We have 4 days at DLP so that is easing my nerves on going to a brand new disney resort a bit.

Boat to the airport? That's super cool!

That's crazy pixie dust! I cannot wait to hear about DLP!

Your last night sounded wonderful. What a special trip you had and I'm certain you made memories to last a lfe time. Very, very special.

Dinner looks fabulous.

But those night time shots are just magnifcient. Your DH definitely went all out on his last night.

I so enjoyed reading about the Italy part of you trip and I am really looking forward to DLP.

It was a beautiful night to enjoy with new friends to celebrate such an amazing trip! I hope I get back to Italy at some point in my life, but if it never happens, I am totally satisfied with the experiences we had on this one.

DH definitely went all out for the last night. It's hard not to in such a beautiful city!

Wow wow wow! Super pixie dust for sure! Club Level DLH. It must have been a magical trip.

The hotel is gorgeous, of course. And I love the preview of DLP. Main Street seems so similar to WDW but there are enough differences that make it look totally unique. And the Halloween decorations are cute - love all the ghosts! And the castle is magical, of course!

Excited to see parade pictures!

We haven't stayed on Disney property very many times, but we have never gotten pixie dust like thaat before!! It was an incredibly magical way to start off our couple days in DLP!

The hotel was stunning! But absolutely the best part was of staying there was the quick access to the park. There's nothing like that in WDW. Maybe could be compared to staying at the Grand Californian and having the access to DCA. The Halloween decorations were so cute, even cuter than WDW's!

Hopefully I can get those up soon!!

Now THAT is a phrase you don't hear every day.

WOW, you have to go all the way to Disney Paris for an Upgrade. I have to admit, the way it was worded did make me laugh... It's your lucky day because your room is flooded. Yeah, that does sound lucky. :rotfl2:

Wow wow wow!! You know you're a Disney fan when... your forgo the Eiffel Tower for a Disney park. That hotel looks like it is literally on the doorstep. So excited to hear about DLP!!

lol Right?! An interesting version of Magical Express.

I think I even said something like that to DH..."Who knew a busted pipe and flooded room could be so lucky?!" It was an amazing upgrade, considering I was already excited about our original hotel and would have been totally content with staying there.

It was so funny because we were both thinking it but DH was the first to say it out loud! It was so nice to have such close proximity to our room. It was SO convenient and we were able to go back and forth a lot more than we had planned because it took no time at all it seemed.

Very nice last morning - good you had some time to pack and enjoy breakfast and then take the water taxi to the airport. Glad it all went smoothly despite the car to DLP but that extra pixie dust you got was worth it!! So cool to stay there. I am interested to hear your thoughts on the rides and any restaurants you went to (did you do any character meals??). We have 4 days at DLP so that is easing my nerves on going to a brand new disney resort a bit.

It was really nice not to have to rush around in the morning, and to have the time to get something to eat and all that before we left. I know if we had been going straight home instead of to Paris, we would have been leaving in the crazy early morning hours when it was still dark outside, so this was a much better alternative.

I will definitely be sure to be as specific as I can when it comes to the rides since it's not something a lot of people would have done, unlike WDW and DL TRs. We did not do any character meals and actually had not planned to do any TS meals at all since we only had one full day, but we ended up being able to get a lot done on our first half day so we were able to slow down a bit the next day and do one sit down. 4 days will be PLENTY of time!! Even if it's more crowded than it was when we want, you should still be able to get a lot done.

Boat to the airport? That's super cool!

That's crazy pixie dust! I cannot wait to hear about DLP!

It was definitely different! Dusty kept telling us we could come to the covered part of the boat if we wanted, but we loved being out in the open back and feeling the spray as we went along. When will we ever get to take a boat to the airport again?!

It was AMAZING!! And totally unexpected! It definitely set the tone for the magical time we had at DLP and was a nice reward for all the stress the flights had caused us during the ABD.

In the end, it couldn't have been more perfect, and we met some wonderful people along the way!
So glad that you had such a worthwhile experience with the DIS ABD trip. Sounds amazing and just exactly what you were looking for. Very cool that you've stayed in touch and become friends/family.

DH uploaded the two videos he shot of the glass blowing demonstrations
Wow!!! My jaw literally dropped at those. :eek: That horse! :faint: So much talent. :worship:

Great nighttime shots in Venice! :thumbsup2 Such a beautiful city and he really did a great job of capturing that! :lovestruc

not only had we been upgraded in hotel, we had a Club Level room!! PIXIE DUST OVERLOAD!!
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Well, that pretty much sums it up. :rotfl:

This is the view from that doorway of the gates into DL. Right freaking there!!
I have to admit that I don't know a lot about DLP, so that was a jaw-dropper too! Wow! Yeah, how can you not stop over to the parks? :confused3

I hate to leave you with just a taste of DLP,
Loved the little taste and really excited to see more! Looks so fun and beautiful!

The glass blowing demonstration was very cool. He makes it look so easy, doesn't he?

Wowsa to the major pixie dust upgrade. And club level to boot. Very, very nice. Your room is gorgeous and having the park right there - well, now can you beat THAT?

I'm sure the farewell dinner was very bittersweet! But wow does it look amazing. I would have loved to try all 3 of those apps!

Aww so nice that they presented a slideshow of pictures, a nice way to recap the time you all spent together.

I'm so glad this trip was everything you wanted it to be and that everyone was so welcoming!

Those final nighttime shots are stunning.

Taking a boat to the airport sounds so crazy/cool!

I'm glad travelling to Paris went pretty smoothly. And OMG upgraded to a different hotel- how awesome! All the little details of your room are awesome.

AHHH the castle! It looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see parade pics!

Marco was out there to bid us our final farewell!

DLP 1-001
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I like his glove. How appropriate.

Great departing selfie with St. Mark's Square in the background.

Dusty went downstairs with us to help us find the check in area, and then he had to head back up. I'm not gonna lie, I was a bundle of nerves by then as we hugged him goodbye for the last time! I was so nervous about being completely on our own for the first time!
I can imagine. It was awesome of him to go out of his way to help when he was off the clock... but I'd be pretty nervous about being in a foreign country where everybody speaks a different language... and I'm on my own.

They weren't kidding when they said you could only bring one bag on the plane! They had employees going down the line looking and stopping people who were trying to bring on two. I saw several ladies stuffing their purses in their carry on bag because of that!
I'm glad that you were at least aware of it and able to prepare before you got there. I'd imagine that a lot of people were probably caught by surprise.

Then he said it was our lucky day, because a pipe had burst in the hotel, flooding the room we had been assigned, so we were being upgraded to...THE DISNEYLAND HOTEL!!! I swear, it took me about 5 minutes to process what he had said. I was in shock! But within minutes, we were being whisked away to a van waiting for us outside to take us and our luggage to our new home for the next two nights!
WOW!!!!!!!

We arrived at the Disneyland Hotel (and yes, if you have listened to the DIS Unplugged episodes about their London/Paris trip with the DLP add on, the lobby smells overwhelmingly like baby powder!) to check in and found out not only had we been upgraded in hotel, we had a Club Level room!! PIXIE DUST OVERLOAD!!
That was some really good luck. And some strong pixie dust!

DLP 1-025
View of the park from the dining area for Club Level guests!
I could get used to seeing that while eating breakfast.

I hate to leave you with just a taste of DLP, but the parade is going to require it's own update, for sure!
That was a great teaser post. I look forward to seeing more!

Holy Moly!!! When you get pixie dust, you get MAJOR pixie dust!!! How fantastic was that upgrade? :thumbsup2
It looks like DLP dresses up Main Street for Halloween more than WDW does. I can't wait to see more!

So glad that you had such a worthwhile experience with the DIS ABD trip. Sounds amazing and just exactly what you were looking for. Very cool that you've stayed in touch and become friends/family.

Wow!!! My jaw literally dropped at those. :eek: That horse! :faint: So much talent. :worship:

Great nighttime shots in Venice! :thumbsup2 Such a beautiful city and he really did a great job of capturing that! :lovestruc

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Well, that pretty much sums it up. :rotfl:

I have to admit that I don't know a lot about DLP, so that was a jaw-dropper too! Wow! Yeah, how can you not stop over to the parks? :confused3

Loved the little taste and really excited to see more! Looks so fun and beautiful!

It was great to not only experience an amazing trip that would be amazing no matter what, but also to experience it with some pretty awesome people! The ABD aspect was so great too because they took care of almost everything, so we didn't have to worry about our luggage from city to city or worry about transportation between locations, getting tickets for all of the big highlights or having to wait in long lines to get in, where to eat, where to stay, etc. It was all taken care of for us with that awesome Disney service!!

He was SO INCREDIBLY TALENTED! It was truly amazing to watch him work!

Yep, that about sums up the amount of pixie dust we felt! While it would be magical any time, it was really nice to be upgraded to such a beautiful room just the two of us who could appreciate it.

I didn't do too much research about DLP either (shocking, I know!) but we did know the basics. But that still didn't prepare us for how blown away we would be when we actually stepped inside of the park. It is BEAUTIFUL.

The glass blowing demonstration was very cool. He makes it look so easy, doesn't he?

Wowsa to the major pixie dust upgrade. And club level to boot. Very, very nice. Your room is gorgeous and having the park right there - well, now can you beat THAT?

It was crazy watching him bang out these beautiful pieces of art like it was just nothing. And I'm sure to him, it is! It was really awesome to get to see him work.

I have to say, it was really nice to get such an amazing upgrade on an anniversary trip! In looking up the different resorts to decide where to stay, we knew the Disneyland Hotel was the closest proximity to DL but we were not expecting it to be THAT close!

I'm sure the farewell dinner was very bittersweet! But wow does it look amazing. I would have loved to try all 3 of those apps!

Aww so nice that they presented a slideshow of pictures, a nice way to recap the time you all spent together.

I'm so glad this trip was everything you wanted it to be and that everyone was so welcoming!

Those final nighttime shots are stunning.

Taking a boat to the airport sounds so crazy/cool!

I'm glad travelling to Paris went pretty smoothly. And OMG upgraded to a different hotel- how awesome! All the little details of your room are awesome.

AHHH the castle! It looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see parade pics!

The food for the family meals never disappointed. ABD did an excellent job picking dining locations, and the farewell dinner was no exception. It was all so delicious!

It was really fun to see all of the pictures because we knew the guides had their cameras out constantly taking photos, but we hadn't seen how any of the came out. Plus they were good about pulling people aside individually to take funny ones.

DH did a great job with the photography on this trip, and I think those last night photos from Venice were some of the best as well.

The Disneyland Hotel was waaaaaaay out of our price range, so it was pretty incredible to get upgraded!

I love the Castles at the American parks, but seriously, the Castle at DLP is the most beautiful of them all.

I like his glove. How appropriate.

Great departing selfie with St. Mark's Square in the background.

I can imagine. It was awesome of him to go out of his way to help when he was off the clock... but I'd be pretty nervous about being in a foreign country where everybody speaks a different language... and I'm on my own.

I'm glad that you were at least aware of it and able to prepare before you got there. I'd imagine that a lot of people were probably caught by surprise.

WOW!!!!!!!

That was some really good luck. And some strong pixie dust!

I could get used to seeing that while eating breakfast.

That was a great teaser post. I look forward to seeing more!

It was a great little touch that I should have expected from ABD, but was still surprised to see. Very cool sendoff!

DH is not a huge fan of me making him take selfies with me, but he didn't argue with me about that one. It was too perfect of a photo op for leaving Venice!

I think Pete mentioned it on the podcast, but he and Dustin stayed a few extra days in Venice and had issues with their flight and Dusty was still checking in with them from home to make sure they were able to rearrange their flight and get home! They really went above and beyond to make sure everyone was taken care of at the end of their trip. But yes, I was really freaked out about maneuvering a foreign airport on my own! Someone had been with us pretty much every step of the way since had landed in Rome, so it was a weird feeling to be on our own.

The pixie dust was really just amazing, and totally unexpected! We would have been perfectly happy with our original room, but you just can't beat how awesome it feels to get that upgrade!

Holy Moly!!! When you get pixie dust, you get MAJOR pixie dust!!! How fantastic was that upgrade? :thumbsup2
It looks like DLP dresses up Main Street for Halloween more than WDW does. I can't wait to see more!

I had really been keeping my fingers crossed for an upgrade on our May trip when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. But it was definitely worth the wait for that AMAZING upgrade to the Disneyland Hotel at DLP!!! Probably the best we will ever get, and I'm not complaining! I just wish we had been staying longer than 2 nights.

The Halloween decorations were definitely bigger & better than WDW!

Day 10 Continued: Wednesday September 24th

When I left off, we had just arrived in Disneyland Paris' Magic Kingdom just in time for the evening parade! After scoping out Main Street, we had found a spot to stop and watch. While it was not as over the top as Festival of Fantasy, it was still a very fun, colorful, and lively parade. Plus it had several characters I have never seen in a Disney park, parade or otherwise, so that was pretty awesome! DH's finger could barely keep up as he snapped away photo after photo. Here they come! First up was the Fairies.

DLP 1-035

DLP 1-036

DLP 1-038
The Blue Fairy!

DLP 1-039

MERLIN! Have you ever seen him anywhere in the parks?? I sure haven't!

DLP 1-040
Looooove Sleeping Beauty's dress!

DLP 1-044

DLP 1-045

DLP 1-046

DLP 1-048

DLP 1-049

DLP 1-050

DLP 1-051
My fav!!

DLP 1-052

DLP 1-053

DLP 1-054

DLP 1-055

DLP 1-056

DLP 1-057

DLP 1-058

DLP 1-061

DLP 1-063

DLP 1-065

DLP 1-067

DLP 1-068

DLP 1-069
Continued in next post...

Day 10 Continued: Wednesday September 24th
Seeing the parade was a fantastic way to start off our time in the parks! It was really upbeat and fun, plus a character explosion. That was perfect for us, because with our limited time and with how character meets happen in the French parks, we weren't planning on meeting any. I know a lot of people say they long for the days when characters were out roaming around and you could go up and take a photo without standing in line, but all of the characters we saw out in DLP, it was chaos all around them with people crowding each other and trying to get their kids up to them for a picture. So it was fun to see them during the parade and still get to enjoy them without partaking in the chaos. I have to admit, the parade did make me tear up a bit as I thought of how much DS would have loved it!

Once it was finished, we ventured up towards the Castle, and oh my word, I could not believe how gorgeous it is! I have to say, Cinderella Castle kind of pales in comparison to this beauty.

DLP 1-090

DLP 1-092

DLP 1-093
Their Halloween decorations were ON POINT!

DLP 1-094

DLP 1-095

DLP 1-096

DLP 1-099

DLP 1-100

DLP 1-101

DLP 1-102

DLP 1-104
Quite a long way to say Sleeping Beauty Castle!
I know that's a lot of Castle photos, and I can assure you, there will be a LOT more to come! But we wanted to make the most of our extra time in the park and get on to some attractions, so we had to tear ourselves away from the Castle for the moment and venture into the rest of the park. What would we ride first? I really doubt you will be able to guess!!

UP NEXT: Fun times in DLP!

Love all the parade photos! So fun to see a totally different parade with some new characters! :thumbsup2

That really is a gorgeous castle! :lovestruc (And you look SO happy to be there :goodvibes).

I love all the parade pictures! It was really fun seeing different characters than in WDW. The castle is beautiful! Is it bigger or smaller than Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL? I've read that the castle in DW can be underwhelming after seeing Cinderella castle in WDW!

I have seen pictures of the DLP parade before, but those were hands down the best. What a fun and festive parade! What a great job capturing the mood.

I still think its so great that you got that upgrade and were able to start the magic that much earlier.

Hmmmm - what to ride first? My pick would be space mountain! ::yes::

What a fun parade! I love the variety of characters included - Green Army Men and Elsa in the same parade? Love it!

The castle is just lovely. And those Halloween directions are cute! I love the Mickey pumpkin!

This parade looks awesome! Very different from anything in WDW or DL. Love the different characters and costumes. Great pictures!

Love the pics of you guys in front of the castle. It really is so gorgeous. And the Halloween decorations are too cute!

MERLIN! Have you ever seen him anywhere in the parks?? I sure haven't!
I've never seen him. But there's just something about seeing him in parade character form like that that just seems off. They usually do character costumes well, but that mustache couldn't look any more fake. :rotfl:

Seeing the parade was a fantastic way to start off our time in the parks! It was really upbeat and fun, plus a character explosion. That was perfect for us, because with our limited time and with how character meets happen in the French parks, we weren't planning on meeting any.
That absolutely does look like a great way to start off your time at the parks. And definitely a ton of characters. The Rapunzel pictures looked like she was posing just for your camera!

Their Halloween decorations were ON POINT!
::yes:: That's cool to see that they do it there the way they do at WDW. I've always wanted to see MK decked out for the fall sometime.

I know that's a lot of Castle photos, and I can assure you, there will be a LOT more to come! But we wanted to make the most of our extra time in the park and get on to some attractions, so we had to tear ourselves away from the Castle for the moment and venture into the rest of the park. What would we ride first? I really doubt you will be able to guess!!
It is a beautiful castle. I like how it is built into the hillside. I know I've seen pictures of it before, but I don't recall ever noticing that detail.

As for what you started with... probably something nobody would expect 2 adults to go to first like the carousel. :rotfl: I'd have to head straight for Space Mountain if it was me. I want to check out what they did with it there!

Merlin. OMG, I don't know why, but I swear Merlin looks a little... off. Interesting costume.

Very neat parade. Obviously with only pictures to go by (fab pictuers by the way) it's hard to compare, but I can see some similarities to FoF. I think I like FoF better though, but then, I've become pretty obsessed with it.

WOW, that castle definitely looks more impressive than in Disneyland. Almost like a mash-up of WDW and Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter