Show me your Evening Wear!!!

OK, new plan!! :lmao: Since packing for 2 weeks is such an issue for us I am still only planning on bringing short dresses to the Med but after browsing thru this thread a little more I started feeling a tad under dressed with my semi-formal one so I went shopping again today! :rotfl2: Gotta love good 'ole TJMaxx!! I went thru every rack & managed to find a knee length dress with some sequins that was so fun for only $25! You can't tell it so much in the picture from the way it's hanging but it's sort of fitted at the top but yet the skirt is very swingy & loose - feels like fun! And it's comfortable because it was loose (read: I can eat all I want at dinner) but the way the staps were made I could still wear my regular bra (hate, HATE, HATE strapless ones) AND my same black patent heels.:thumbsup2 Perhaps the best part of all is that it will still match the shirts that I had bought for DH and DS so we can get our picture done all dressed up and be somewhat coordinated. Now I will just wear the plain black Calvin Klein one on semi-formal night. :goodvibes

ry%3D480

(Not sure about jewelry for it yet...I had this illusion one that sort of matches that I put around the hanger...:confused3)

ry%3D480

I am glad I re-evaluated my plan. :thumbsup2

Wow, great find for $25!!! :thumbsup2

Bumping the thread because I LOVE seeing everyone in their finery - and I want to add our pics! Didn't have a suit for our son, but he DOES have Prince wear!!! He IS a Disney kid, after all!

Our Captain's Pics!

Here we are at Formal Night at Animator's Palate;
DSC03785.JPG

Little man passed out during dinner - Late seating!

So the head server made him a bed!!

And finally, our Pirate Finery!
DSC03958.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

OK, new plan!! :lmao: Since packing for 2 weeks is such an issue for us I am still only planning on bringing short dresses to the Med but after browsing thru this thread a little more I started feeling a tad under dressed with my semi-formal one so I went shopping again today! :rotfl2: Gotta love good 'ole TJMaxx!! I went thru every rack & managed to find a knee length dress with some sequins that was so fun for only $25! You can't tell it so much in the picture from the way it's hanging but it's sort of fitted at the top but yet the skirt is very swingy & loose - feels like fun! And it's comfortable because it was loose (read: I can eat all I want at dinner) but the way the staps were made I could still wear my regular bra (hate, HATE, HATE strapless ones) AND my same black patent heels.:thumbsup2 Perhaps the best part of all is that it will still match the shirts that I had bought for DH and DS so we can get our picture done all dressed up and be somewhat coordinated. Now I will just wear the plain black Calvin Klein one on semi-formal night. :goodvibes

ry%3D480

(Not sure about jewelry for it yet...I had this illusion one that sort of matches that I put around the hanger...:confused3)

ry%3D480

I am glad I re-evaluated my plan. :thumbsup2

Love the new dress! I gravitate toward dresses that shimmer or sparkle:goodvibes I shop at TJ Maxx too and have found incredible deals on cocktail stype dresses for under $30.00. I just picked up two new ones about one month ago for $23.00 each that were originally priced at $75.00 each. I plan on wearing them on the February 11th, 2012 Eastern Caribbean Cruise my DH and I are taking. Another good place I have found fancy dresses is in the Junior Department of Macy's. After the proms are over, they practically give them away. I purchased a gown at Macy's just 2 weeks ago that was originally $70.00 and I got it for $17.00. My four daughters think I'm the best shopper ever when they find out what great deals I got on these fancy dresses. They make a game out of trying to guess "what Mom paid for the new dress". I have alot of fancy dresses (probably 16 or more) and I may only wear a handful of them once a year (My DH and I only take a cruise once a year) but I never paid alot of any of them and I have plenty of dresses my daughters can choose from when they eventually go to school dances and proms.

Bumping the thread because I LOVE seeing everyone in their finery - and I want to add our pics! Didn't have a suit for our son, but he DOES have Prince wear!!! He IS a Disney kid, after all!

Our Captain's Pics!

DSC03785.JPG

I love the Prince wear!!! Did you make this?

Love the new dress! I gravitate toward dresses that shimmer or sparkle:goodvibes I shop at TJ Maxx too and have found incredible deals on cocktail stype dresses for under $30.00. I just picked up two new ones about one month ago for $23.00 each that were originally priced at $75.00 each. I plan on wearing them on the February 11th, 2012 Eastern Caribbean Cruise my DH and I are taking. Another good place I have found fancy dresses is in the Junior Department of Macy's. After the proms are over, they practically give them away. I purchased a gown at Macy's just 2 weeks ago that was originally $70.00 and I got it for $17.00. My four daughters think I'm the best shopper ever when they find out what great deals I got on these fancy dresses. They make a game out of trying to guess "what Mom paid for the new dress". I have alot of fancy dresses (probably 16 or more) and I may only wear a handful of them once a year (My DH and I only take a cruise once a year) but I never paid alot of any of them and I have plenty of dresses my daughters can choose from when they eventually go to school dances and proms.

Thanks. :lmao: I just went back to TJ Maxx the other day to look for a necklace to wear with it...found one with a sterling silver chain & lots of these turquoise / aqua colored fresh water pearls dangling off. Matches perfectly...funny thing is I paid more for the necklace than I did for the dress! :rotfl2: Not too bad tho ($35). At least the chain is silver. :goodvibes

(I'm too old now to shop in the Juniors Department! Nothing fits my old body right any more and I have to buy LARGER sizes than I do in the Womens Dept.! LOL)

Pirate night...

pirate.jpg

Formal night...
DW,,, shooting pic.. before Castmember took pic of all of us..

formalnight.jpg

Am SO enjoying this thread!! We're just in the beginning stages of planning for our first cruise, and this answers SO many questions!

And as I'm reading, I realize I already have several great dresses and even shoes that would work really well - all bought for special occasions and never worn again. And my husband has a tuxedo - and until I saw all your photos I'd forgotten that he has a Mickey vest, tie and cummerbund. So now I feel really good about our budget and dressing well, and can save more money for things like that Cabana on Castaway Cay I've decided I have to have:rolleyes1!

Didn't have a suit for our son, but he DOES have Prince wear!!! He IS a Disney kid, after all!
DSC03785.JPG

I love the Prince wear!!! Did you make this?

Nope!!! He has many little girl friends who all have Princess Parties. In order for him to play along, we got him the prince outfit for his dress-up box.
For girls, dress-up boxes are easy, but since I have a boy, I make HIS dress-up box from stuff that goes on sale the day after Halloween!
Along with the prince outfit, he has standard "boy stuff" costumes, like a Jedi, cowboy, police officer, firefighter, doctor, explorer, etc...

He also has some custom made ones that I did make special for him, like Mickey Mouse;

And a knight in shining armor;

He likes to dress up just for the fun of it... in some unusual outfits...
Like Sonic the Hedgehog...

or Scooby Doo...

or whatever he happens to be into at the moment - and our view of it is, "Why NOT???" You're only a kid once!!! :yay:

Everyone looks so good. I thought I would share mine too.

Pirate night. My DD, BFF and her DS
DisneyCruise08073.jpg

DD Mickey and me
DisneyCruise08022.jpg

eh.... I don't know... I guess "dressing up" doesn't mean the same things to me anymore. Don't get me wrong... I own a tux... worn it on several cruises...etc. But I guess I appreciate a more relaxed atmosphere as I move forward in life.

Nice pictures though.

Our Palo attire when we were at Palo last September (didn't go this time around in May):

Question for you... did he wear a jacket? I mean obviously I don't see one in the photo but it may be on the chair :)

My point is, my DH has an "issue" with wearing a jacket.. but he can handle the shirt and tie deal.. i didn't know if that was "allowed' and also if he would be the only one like that if he did..

thanks! ;)

So I was going to dress my DD12 and DD13 (and me) in black dresses for the cruise, and am looking forward to getting those nice "lifestyle" pics against the white background. I'm realizing that the dress DD13 is planning on wearing is white and black - white with a black swirly pattern. Is this going to blend into the background too much? I'm hoping that since we will be pushed together - and since it is strapless/ no sleeves, it won't be an issue.

Of course she wouldn't mind if I made her buy another dress...:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter