Show Me Your Cake!!!!!!!!

I've posted our cake before, but I LOVED that cake, so here goes again :goodvibes

We had an Intimate Wedding but upgraded to a custom cake. It tasted amazing!! Marble with raspberry mousse. Even the top layer, after being in the freezer for a year, was still yummy!!

47b6dc27b3127cce97044443022400000016108AYsnLJk0aNv

Here's ours we had it made for the reception after we got home. We also had a small chocolate one decorated the same and also a sponge one just iced.

Hope the photo's not too big, I love all of the cakes posted very nice.

Florida2006andweddingreception28-1.jpg

Love Wendy xxx :bride:

JandJ said:
I've posted our cake before, but I LOVED that cake, so here goes again :goodvibes

We had an Intimate Wedding but upgraded to a custom cake. It tasted amazing!! Marble with raspberry mousse. Even the top layer, after being in the freezer for a year, was still yummy!!

47b6dc27b3127cce97044443022400000016108AYsnLJk0aNv

Jen- I LOVE your cake! Do you remember what it was called? I cannot seem to find it on wishbook :confused3

The Charmed One said:
Here's ours we had it made for the reception after we got home. We also had a small chocolate one decorated the same and also a sponge one just iced.

Wendy that's sooooo cute!! I love the pink mickeys!!

JJClemson said:
Jen- I LOVE your cake! Do you remember what it was called? I cannot seem to find it on wishbook :confused3
Thank you! Actually, I came up with the design myself. I knew I wanted a square cake and I wanted flowers on top and cascading down the layers. Initially I wanted 3 layers, but I knew that would be entirely too much for our 8 guests! I found a couple pictures of similar cakes on-line and sent those pictures to my EM, along with a detailed description of what I wanted. They charged, I think, $265 to make it and it was done, I believe, by the WL bakery (as we got married on Sunrise Terrace). I loved that cake, it was as delicious as it was beautiful :lovestruc

JandJ said:
Thank you! Actually, I came up with the design myself. I knew I wanted a square cake and I wanted flowers on top and cascading down the layers. Initially I wanted 3 layers, but I knew that would be entirely too much for our 8 guests! I found a couple pictures of similar cakes on-line and sent those pictures to my EM, along with a detailed description of what I wanted. They charged, I think, $265 to make it and it was done, I believe, by the WL bakery (as we got married on Sunrise Terrace). I loved that cake, it was as delicious as it was beautiful :lovestruc

Great thanks! I may bring a picture of your cake to my planning session in a couple of weeks :goodvibes I just love it!

The Charmed One said:

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this cake. This would be perfect for my reception. Would you mind if i did something simular? My colors are pink and black and Mickey and Minnie Theme

I really love the cakes on this thread. I'm having an intimate wedding, can I specify what kind of colours I want for the icing and decoration etc?

I'm thinking of having Almond and Amaretto on the top layer and Marble and possibly buttercream for the bottom, I keep changing my mind :rotfl:

curiouser said:
Wendy that's sooooo cute!! I love the pink mickeys!!

Thank you I'm glad you like it. We had so much cake, it's in the spare room in boxes, we still have 3 tiers left.

the charmed one-

I posted my cake earlier.... but i moved it to here near yours. I had my cake for my reception last saturday night. It is just like yours but my mickeys are white... and it was only two tiers..
cakebyvivian.jpg

its a little bright because I had to scan this photo- but my mickeys are exactly like yours.

princessdisneybelle said:
I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this cake. This would be perfect for my reception. Would you mind if i did something simular? My colors are pink and black and Mickey and Minnie Theme

Thank you we loved it too, I designed it myself and drew a picture for the lady who made it, she did it perfect just what we wanted. She did have abit of trouble cutting out the mickey and minnie's, the bestman who's mum made it spent days walking round wdw looking for something to cut round, he ended up buying a bracelet and they used one of the beads as the template to cut them out. They looked great.

I don't mind at all if you would like yours simular, you are very welcome to use my picture, it would look beautiful with the mickeys and minnies in your choosen colours.

I'd love to see what you decide on.

Good Luck with everything.

You've made my day you really have, I'm so glad somebody loved the cake as much as I did, I think all my family thought it was cute but there not as disney mad as me.

Take Care.

The Charmed One said:
Thank you we loved it too, I designed it myself and drew a picture for the lady who made it, she did it perfect just what we wanted. She did have abit of trouble cutting out the mickey and minnie's, the bestman who's mum made it spent days walking round wdw looking for something to cut round, he ended up buying a bracelet and they used one of the beads as the template to cut them out. They looked great.

I don't mind at all if you would like yours simular, you are very welcome to use my picture, it would look beautiful with the mickeys and minnies in your choosen colours.

I'd love to see what you decide on.

Thank you so much, I just sent a pic via email to my DF (lives in Ky, I live in TX) he LOVES it too.

I think I may use black ribbon with fushia Mickey and Minnie heads. I'm using the Mickey and Minnie cake topper my parents did for their vow renewal.

Good Luck with everything.

You've made my day you really have, I'm so glad somebody loved the cake as much as I did, I think all my family thought it was cute but there not as disney mad as me.

Take Care.

Thank you so much!

I think I am going to use black ribbon and fushia mickey heads.

Maggimus said:
the charmed one-

I posted my cake earlier.... but i moved it to here near yours. I had my cake for my reception last saturday night. It is just like yours but my mickeys are white... and it was only two tiers..
cakebyvivian.jpg

its a little bright because I had to scan this photo- but my mickeys are exactly like yours.

It's beautiful, I hope you had a great reception, we had our on the 28th Oct we had a wonderful night, we asked for a 3 tier cake but the lady surprised us with a 4 tier, and then a surprise chocolate one and a surprise sponge one so we had alot of cake that night, I wanted the mickey and minnies to stand out abit thats why I had some in pink and I loved the pearls and ribbon, I'd looked at that many cakes, I thought I'd best draw what I wanted and to see if she could do it and she did, she did it better than we could of asked for, she also feeds here cakes with brandy for 4 weeks, so they are very boozey, everyone liked that bit, not me I don't like fruit cake so I didn't have any, I had some of the chocolate one it was lovely.

Thank you so much!

I think I am going to use black ribbon and fushia mickey heads.

Your very welcome, glad your df liked it, it sounds great in your colours, it will look fantastic, I can just see it, with your special mickey and minnie cake topper.

I'd love to see a picture of it at your wedding, I'll kept my eyes out.

Love Wendy xxx :cloud9:

:rotfl:
The Charmed One said:
Your very welcome, glad your df liked it, it sounds great in your colours, it will look fantastic, I can just see it, with your special mickey and minnie cake topper.

I'd love to see a picture of it at your wedding, I'll kept my eyes out.

Love Wendy xxx :cloud9:

OOps I messed that reply up. :rotfl: I will make sure and have lots of pics taken!

:rotfl:

OOps I messed that reply up. :rotfl: I will make sure and have lots of pics taken!

Don't worry I understood the reply. I have more pictures of mine just can't find them at the moment, I'll look forward to yours.

Good Luck.

Love Wendy xxx :love:

Maggimus - I LOVE the flowers in between the layers of your cake - just beautiful!!

JJClemson - I am honored that you're considering my cake - you're so sweet!! Best Wishes for your upcoming planning session and wedding :goodvibes

JackieSparrow said:
After Tammy's post, I thought it might be fun for everybody to post pictures of their cake, or if you are still planning your wedding, pictures of ideas for what you want your cake to look like. Let the pictures begin! :wizard:

I wanted to get in on the fun, so I just had to post my cake again on this thread too. I just love looking at all the cakes. Everyone has such pretty cakes and so unique. It is so fun to look at the diffferent cakes. Keep the cake pictures coming.

Tammy

cake.jpg

CakeBackview2.jpg

TopOfCake.jpg

weeelll, since everyone else is reposting theirs... :teeth:

47b6dd08b3127cce8850877721ec00000016108AZMmzNs4cOE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter