Show me the Cupcakes!

Stefy

Is it time for Disney yet???
Hi all :wave: Thought I would bump the thread up with my cake making adventures from last weekend. What do you think? Not Disney standard, but still a pretty good try if I do say so :teeth:

This is the Butterscotch cake I made for DF
d0afaab4.jpg

3fa2c89c.jpg

Easter Cupcakes
005d334d.jpg

c0d41155.jpg

Easter Cookies
b348a1f0.jpg

0146736d.jpg

wow those cupcakes look awesome and cool cookies. You did an awesome job. I must know what is on top of the cupcakes if you dont mind Stefy? I kinda want one of those now...but I am still on the diet so....will have one while at disney though.

Hmmm looks like my posts were removed, that's really annoying considering I started this thread and all.

They look to me like Cadbury's mini eggs - they might be difficult to get hold of now Easter is past. I always get a few bags at Easter and make rice crispie "nests" for them:goodvibes

Wow! the cakes and the cookies looks very yummy and so cute. I wanna try to make it too.. :cake:

I made these to sell at bingo as a fundraiser for my son.

White cake, lemon filling, buttercream icing.

100_2000.jpg

I hope they taste as yummy as they look. I am impressed!

Oh...I wish I had known about this thread when I made Pumpkin Spice cupcakes a few weeks ago. Oh, well. I plan on making Christmas cupcakes soon so I'll come back and post a pic in a few weeks. :)

Haven't decided if I'll make a red velvet cupcake, or gingerbread....

diznee25

Just a plain old white cake mix. Follow directions and make as cupcakes. I then use an apple corer to create a hole in the middle of the cupcake, about halfway through.

The filling is the Wilton recipe for lemon filling :

Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold water
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Juice of medium lemon
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Makes:
About 1 cup of filling.

Instructions:
Step 1
In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add water and whisk until well blended. Whisk in egg yolks, lemon peel and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly; until thick and bubbly. Boil one minute; remove from heat. Stir in butter. Cool to room temperature, without stirring. Fill cupcake.

The frosting I do not have a recipe for. I normally use about 1/8 cup shortening, and 1/4 cup butter/margarine. I mix them together and then add a cup of powdered sugar, and a teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract (or more than that, depending on how much frosting I am making). I add a bit of milk, about 1/8 cup, and then keep adding milk and powdered sugar until I reach the desired amount of frosting and the consistency I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!