Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Stefy, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Two weeks or so ago, at Main Street Bakery, they had just one Halloween-themed cupcake. It was a "Candy Corn" version (mounds of orange, yellow and white icing and topped with candy corn) in either yellow or chocolate cake. I was definitely expecting more of a variety.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NC State

NC State DIS Veteran

Me too, I was disappointed. :confused:

4. Mamapapa

Mamapapa Married to a Disney-Hater... :(

Just back a few weeks ago. Managed to try the PB from Starring Rolls, it was amazing! So rich I couldn't finish it. Plenty to share with a friend, but we ate lunch there and used a QS credit so we each got a PB cupcake as our dessert! Tried the Strawberry and Oreo Bonbon from Boardwalk, both were ok. I agree with PP that the cake would be better chocolate for the Oreo one. I liked them, but didn't love them. Then I got the strawberry lemonade from CR. I can't comment on this one as I left it in the fridge when we checked out of POFQ!!! :scared1: I actually thought about calling them to see if they'd ship it to me..... :rotfl2:

5. FancyNancy

FancyNancy DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

My DD's birthday cupcake from Princess Storybook Dining in Epcot

6. fuzzlekins

fuzzlekins Mouseketeer

Now THAT is WAY more impressive than the kids' dessert at CRT, which doesn't make sense to me. We're looking forward to doing Akershus for the princesses this time around.

7. FancyNancy

FancyNancy DIS Veteran

Good choice! My daughter absolutely LOVED the princess interaction there and she enjoyed her meal as well! The cold buffet is fabulous as are the desserts!

8. OhhBother

OhhBother Mouseketeer

New cupcakes! We were in the new shop that just opened yesterday in Storybook Circus in Fantasyland. The shop includes a whole counter of candies, apples and cupcakes like the Confectionery.

In addition to Halloween cupcakes, there was a cotton candy cupcake, a caramel corn cupcake and a Dumbo cupcake. These three were much smaller than the others -- about the size you'd bake at home. They were chocolate or vanilla cupcakes, buttercream frosting and a topping -- either cotton candy, caramel corm or an edible photo print of a Storybook Circus character.

My DH had the caramel corn one and liked it. I went with the traditional ghost cupcake. Yum.

Sorry for no pictures!

9. knottmel1

knottmel1 Mouseketeer

I cannot wait to get my hands on a disney CUPCAKE!!!!

:cool1:

[​IMG]

10. Dalamara

Dalamara Mouseketeer

I'm hoping they'll have some fun Christmas ones as well... This year will be my first Christmas in Disney :D

11. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

Oooo, that sounds good. Especially the cotton candy one.

12. The Rolands

The Rolands Earning My Ears

Please HELP! I had wanted to get cupcakes AFTER the 6:30pm fireworks at Hollywood (in Nov) but it appears Starring Rolls will be closed AFTER the fireworks. Where all else would everyone recommend to get awesome cupcakes? Thanks!

13. maddhatir

maddhatir Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovi

Does anyone have pics of the Cotton Candy Cupcake? :hyper:

14. Good Morning Dewdrop

Good Morning Dewdrop Everything Is Awesome!

I don't know if anyone has reported it yet but they discontinued one of our favorite cupcakes - the chocolate raspberry from Sunshine Seasons :confused3

It was a great cupcake!

15. maddhatir

Found it. Not very impressed. Looks like they just threw some cotton candy on top of a cupcake. :crazy2:

[​IMG]

16. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

Wow, yea that cotton candy cupcake looks a bit disappointing. The dumbo one in the background doesn't really look like more than a cupcake with a dumbo shaped chocolate on the top. They all look the same flavor with the same 'circus' swirl icing. And at 3.99 each....I think that I'll stick with the fancier cupcakes when using snack credits.

17. maddhatir

I think these cupcakes will appeal to the kiddies since they are in Fantasyland.
    Parents, get ready to pony up $4 for a cheesy cupcake LOL

For the calories and the money- I am sticking to the grown up cupcakes.
    :)

18. Mamapapa

Mamapapa Married to a Disney-Hater... :(

Darn it! I looked for that cupcake about 6 times on my last trip, this explains why they never had it! I was hoping they were out because it was so good and sold out quickly....

19. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

that cotton candy one looks a lot smaller then the ones we got back in August.

are these cupcakes shrinking?

20. loganjared

loganjared Mouseketeer

I see several comments and pictures on here about cupcakes at Pizza Planet. I went to studioscentral.com and the pizza planet menu only lists rice krispie treats and cookies under dessert, which is all that we have ever seen when we have been there. How do I get the cupcakes? :confused3

21. AnotherPrincess

AnotherPrincess DIS Veteran

Sometimes Internet menus are not accurate. As of Sunday night, the 2 dessert options were the cappuccino cupcake and a chocolate chip cookie.