Should we do Boma instead of Tusker House?

ktnryansmom

Mouseketeer
We have a breakfast ADR at Tusker House....but I keep hearing how amazing Boma is.

We're already doing a breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace and am wondering if the TH breakfast is worth it...or should we go for dinner at Boma.

What would you do?

I like them both though I would give the slight edge to Boma. I guess it depends how important the character interaction is to you. It will be different characters at Tusker House than Crystal Palace. I always like to have the kids meet characters at meals so we don't stand in as many lines.

However, if it's not that important to you I would give Boma a try, we really enjoy it.:)

TH is one of our favorite character breakfasts. My fiancee likes Daisy and that's the only character meal with her and I like getting into AK before it opens.

Boma is one of the best dinner buffets on property. AKL is also worth checking out.

If you are torn between the 2 because of DDP credits, I, for one, find zero value in using a TS credit on a breakfast, with the exception of CM or Akershus. When you look at the prices of breakfasts, they usually aren't too bad. If this is the case, any chance on paying for TH OOP and then heading over to AKL after your AK day for a Boma ADR?

You can't really go wrong with either, IMO. If I had to absolutely pick either Donald's Breakfast Safari at TH or dinner at Boma, I would probably flip a coin a couple of times.

I would choose Boma dinner over anything Tusker House. The soups alone are worth the credit (and they are not seasoned with cinnamon). I like it because it's not the norm. I hate paying money to eat macaroni & cheese or ham.. blech.. I can get that at home. AKL is amazing as well and worth the trip over.

we aren't big on the character interactions at all....after looking at the TH menu again it really is lacking -and all foods we can get at our resort really.

We love TH breakfast too, as far as Character breakfast buffets go. we are also fans of Crystal Palace breakfast. If I had to choose 1 or the other?....I'd stick with Crystal Palace breakfast (dinner there is yuk!) And as far as BOMA dinner goes....LOVED it ! Ate there at least 4 or 5 times. The food is different and just wonderful...but if you're anything like my DH you'd disagree w/me. He is not at all adventurous when it comes to food. Give him chicken fingers or plain pizza and he's happy. Yep, he ate at the kiddie station at BOMA ::yes::
So, I ate enough for both of us at the buffet ! :thumbsup2

Boma was not good when we had it January 10,2013. We have loved it in the past. Maybe you should consider Tusker house for dinner. It is not a character dinner and the food there is pretty good....at least when we had lunch there.

I haven't tried Boma yet but our party of 13 raved about TH breakfast. It was amazing!

Boma is one of my favorite restaurants on property, if not ever, haha. Would definitely recommend it always. Last trip to WDW, we stayed at AKL for 10 days and ended up eating at Boma 6 times (4 breakfast, 2 dinner) and I still didn't tire of it. :thumbsup2

Boma is our favorite restaurant on property. Last trip we could have eaten there every day had we been on the dining plan.

Boma dinner is one of my favorite meals at WDW. That being said, it doesn't have characters and it isn't in the park. It depends on which is more important to you- the food or the atmosphere (although the AKL is gorgeous, and we've explored the resort a bit & found it worth the visit). If you decide on TH, you might want to do an 11:00 AM lunch. We did that one time and there was still some breakfast items on the buffet, so we got to sample both breakfast and lunch.

What time is your ADR at Tusker House? If its for 55 minutes to an hour before park opening time it is really nice to get in the park early, finish breakfast, and beat the crowd to Safari ride or fastpass and Mount Everest ride or fastpass.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter