Should I use the car or the disney transportation?

Johnfish

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
My son and I will be at WDW in august. We are planning to take breaks in the afternoon as everyone has suggested. We will be driving down so we will have our own car.

Now the question. Is it easier and faster to take the car to and from the parks or to use the disney transportation?

We will be staying at the CSR and plan to visit the parks for 5 days

Any thought would be appreciated::yes::

John

I am going to backtrack on my usual stance for this one for you. Most likely using your car would get you back and forth quicker. I am a huge fan of using the Disney transportation. I don't have to worry about getting gas, where I am driving to, dealing with traffic especially after a park closes. But for quickness for you, I would say take the car. If you want to relax on the way back to the hotel, take Disney Transportation. Heck, you could try out the Disney transportatoin the first day, and if you don't like it, drive your car back to the parks after the afternoon break.

We use our minivan to get around. It is SO nice to just get in our van whenever we want and not have to wait around for the buses. It just allows so much more freedom to go where we please when we want. We did use the monorail but that was more just for fun! ::MickeyMo

Using your car would probably be quicker EXCEPT for going to the Magic Kingdom. If you drive to the MK, you'll have to walk or take a tram to the TTC, then board either the monorail or ferry to get to the MK. In this case, I think using Disney transportation would be quicker since it drops you off at the park, bypassing the TTC.

However, since you'll already have your own vehicle, I would recommend using it for the other three parks/water parks/etc. :)

It depends on what you want to do. Personally I drive down, but I don't want to drive while I'm there. I stay on property to be able to use Disney's transportation. Will it take a few more minutes to get there by bus? Maybe, Maybe not. Is it more important to you to be back at the Resort in a few minutes earlier, or to have someone alse drive you so that you don't have to deal with traffic and figuring out how to get from place to place. It's a personal choice, but I'm not getting in my car until I'm coming back home..

We use the bus to get to parks and the car to go different resorts for dinner. I don't like to overuse the car, because it kind of takes me away from the Disney atmosphere...but it's a must if you plan on dining at or just visiting other resorts (which is something I highly recommend!!!)

Driving or taking the bus is always a matter of personal choice... here are some pros and cons...

For the bus:
  • Someone else does the driving, and battles with the crazy tourist drivers.
  • Nice cool A/C from the moment you board
  • Buses run every 15 minutes or so.
  • CSR buses are rarely crowded. During park exits, I used to often times have to wait for the guests, instead of them waiting for me.
  • You don't have to fight for a parking space at Downtown Disney at night.
  • You can drink at Downtown Disney!
  • You don't have to wait for the parking tram, and then search for your hot car.
  • You bypass the TTC, and go straight to the MK gates, saving you potentially 20-30 minutes.

For the car:
  • Your own private ride
  • You can go anywhere you want
  • You always get a seat

i agree with GarrettJD, use the car except for going to the MK. this is exactly what we do.

last november we stayed at CSR and went to MK for early entry...we were the only ones on the bus! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter