Should I switch?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by funforfive, Mar 6, 2013.

1. funforfive

funforfive DIS Veteran

Hopefully posting in correct place...We are staying 3 nights at POR the weekend after Easter...home 4/8. I just checked and changing to a Standard GV room at contemporary would be about $500 more. If I cancel the Wishes dessert party for our 5 disney adults, it would be about $350...WWYD. We have stayed at both before...

My budget conscious side says leave it as is, but my disney loving self says switch:confused3. Help!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. JeannieKY

JeannieKY Tink fan

I'd switch and cancel the dessert party for those prices. Get a citrus swirl or Dole Whip for about $5/each and enjoy Wishes! Just my opinion but that seems like a lot of $ for dessert!

4. funforfive

funforfive DIS Veteran

Another thing that would sway me to change is if the Internet/WiFi was better at the contemporary...DH needs to do some online school work for a class he's taking.:rolleyes1

5. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I don't think a Garden View room at the Contemporary is worth $150 more per night unless the CR is your "bucket list" resort. Even then, I would hold out to be able to afford a Tower Room. That $350 extra pays for 2 dinners for your family.