Should I switch?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by funforfive, Mar 6, 2013.

1. funforfive

funforfive DIS Veteran

Hopefully posting in correct place...We are staying 3 nights at POR the weekend after Easter...home 4/8. I just checked and changing to a Standard GV room at contemporary would be about $500 more. If I cancel the Wishes dessert party for our 5 disney adults, it would be about $350...WWYD. We have stayed at both before...

My budget conscious side says leave it as is, but my disney loving self says switch:confused3. Help!

2. JeannieKY

JeannieKY Tink fan

I'd switch and cancel the dessert party for those prices. Get a citrus swirl or Dole Whip for about $5/each and enjoy Wishes! Just my opinion but that seems like a lot of $ for dessert!

3. funforfive

funforfive DIS Veteran

Another thing that would sway me to change is if the Internet/WiFi was better at the contemporary...DH needs to do some online school work for a class he's taking.:rolleyes1

4. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I don't think a Garden View room at the Contemporary is worth $150 more per night unless the CR is your "bucket list" resort. Even then, I would hold out to be able to afford a Tower Room. That $350 extra pays for 2 dinners for your family.