Should I surprise him?

E-orLover

"People who don't think probably don't have brains
I purchased a "brick" (end of Feb) for DH's birthday (end of this month). Do to some conflicts I recieved all my paper work late, which in return delayed me getting the replica brick in time for his birthday. Not only is it going to be too late for his birthday, but Father's day, and our anniversary will have passed as well. I'm guessing it will be here a week past our anniversary (in July). We are planning to visit Disneyland the end of August (very last week). So here are my choices:

1) Have the certificate I recieved showing that we purchased a brick framed and give that to him.

2) Give him the replica when it gets here.

3) Surprise him in August, by walking by our brick. (we like ot read the names).

If you have any other idea's let me know.

At this point as long as you have other gifts to give him on those holidays I would wait and let him find the brick. It will be so much more memorable that way - especially since you all like to look at the bricks anyway.

In fact even if the timing would have worked out the way you wanted I think I'd still wait since you are going to be there so soon. What a very fun surprise - and even more so since it won't be a "special occasion."

At this point as long as you have other gifts to give him on those holidays I would wait and let him find the brick. It will be so much more memorable that way - especially since you all like to look at the bricks anyway.

In fact even if the timing would have worked out the way you wanted I think I'd still wait since you are going to be there so soon. What a very fun surprise - and even more so since it won't be a "special occasion."

I agree. Break out the other presents for BD, FD, and Anniversary. Wait and show him the actual brick when you get to DL. You're this close now, so wait just a little longer. I think seeing the actual brick will be nice surprise. :thumbsup2

ITA! :thumbsup2

Thank you for all the reply's. I have been leaning toward surprising him in Aug. It's so hard to keep this a seceret. As close as 3 months seems, it's going to take forever to get here for me.;) I just want to be at my Happy Place.

How does one purchase a brick?

Hi SmoothDisneyH2O,

I called 1-800-760-3566 (it will be answered "Deliver Ears" but it is the same place.

I'm not sure what the new cut off date is or what month they plan on placing the new bricks. (When I ordered mine it had to be ordered March 31 to make the Aug placement.

I'd want to be surprised. It would be the best thing ever! :)

I did tell HusbandMan on our honeymoon that I wanted a brick (and a return trip) for our 5th anniversary. We'll see if he remembers.

I vote for surprise him with it in August. In 2005, we decided to give my mother the Thomas Kinkade painting of Sleeping Beauty Castle for the 50th as a Christmas gift. We decided to purchase it at Disneyland the week before Christmas. Since we would not all be there when the painting arrived, we opted to take a picture of it on my sister's digital camera and show mom what she would be getting on Christmas morning.

My mom was really touched by the gift since she loves Kinkade's artwork and so many of our family memories come from Disneyland. That said, she didn't fully understand why we were showing her a picture on my sister's digital camera when the time came. Had we been able to do it another way, it would have been better to actually give her the painting, but that wasn't an option. Since actually showing your husband the brick is an option, I would do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter