Should I change request at Poly due to refurb?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by princessap, Dec 27, 2012.

1. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

We are having our first stay at the poly March 4-6 and I had requested Samoa....I see now that it will start refurb Feb 3 and I am assuming it won't be done by the time we arrive....what should I change my request to?? I would like to be close to the monorail and pool.....thanks in advance!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. gjl

gjl Mouseketeer

Where are you finding the date information? I don't arrive until June, but am very curious about the schedule/rumored renovations! Thanks!

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Tikiman's website has the date of the next scheduled rehab for each longhouse.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

About halfway down on the right side there is a Quick Links section. Click on the Long Houses link. Then you will have to go through each Long House and then there will be a list of info including Last Rehab data and Next Rehab date.:thumbsup2

5. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

I wouldn't change...you might get a new room!

6. gjl

gjl Mouseketeer

Thanks- that helps! I have a theme park view reservation, which based on this looks like an "Un"refurbished Tahiti for June. Is it still worth it or should I try for a different monorail hotel? Or see how much more for club level?

7. dad4dis

dad4dis Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update!