Should I book with someone I found on Craigslist?

JessZacc

Mouseketeer
I found someone on Craigslist who has a timeshare at Bonnet Creek and is selling different dates. Has anyone ever done this? I am not sure who I can trust so I am wondering if it is legit then what would be required for booking? Should I be able to just pay Bonnet Creek directly or will I have to send her the money???
Thanks!

I found someone on Craigslist who has a timeshare at Bonnet Creek and is selling different dates. Has anyone ever done this? I am not sure who I can trust so I am wondering if it is legit then what would be required for booking? Should I be able to just pay Bonnet Creek directly or will I have to send her the money???
Thanks!

I would suggest getting references..asking how long they have been an owner..and get an upfront quote..so you know exactly how much..I went thru vacationstrategy.com..great people..reputable..got a 2 bd last NOvember for $80 a nite..great deal..check it out ..if u dont feel comfortable going thru craigslist..I myself am not a big fan.of that site..but up to you.

Definitely get references, see if you can confirm their Bonnet Creek ownership etc. I have booked vacation homes through Craigslist without any problems, but not a timeshare.
You would most likely have to pay the seller, not Bonnet Creek.
I sold/rented a timeshare week on Craigslist a few years ago. Since Craigslist tends to be local, see if you can meet up with the seller somewhere and watch them reserve the room and pay for your dates. That is what I did, had the seller come to my house and watched while I made the trade, then gave her the confirmation paperwork.
There is always still the risk of the seller cancelling after the transaction, but that is true with renting DVC points on this board or anywhere else.

it is definitely legal to rent a timeshare. the person who owns that timeshare can definitely rent it.

it is not legal to rent an exchange from RCI or II. RCI a few years got really serious and stopped alot of vacations. that say heard they no longer try to enforce their policies.:confused3

Hopefully they are local and you can visit them and get a good feeling about the transaction. I agree, CL is not as safe as eBay (no feedback) but I still use CL often without issue.

Me personally, with all the bad that Craig's list has had lately, I don't think I would rent from someone there.. just my opinion... I would go with Ebay and pay through paypal over going with Craig's list

Thanks for your help. The person that I was talking to was in FL and I am in NJ. I talked with her on the phone and she sounded nice. She gave me a price and we agreed on it and then I got an email from her saying that she got a better offer from someone else.. That did not seem like a reliable person. Glad I didn't get any money involved....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter