Should I be getting tax forms for my CDs?

CrzyforPiglet

<font color=CC33FF>You bring a smile the to the Ta
So after seeing the ING rate go down, down, down, I took part of our savings and transferred it into 3 CDs, maturing at different times (just in case we needed the money). Well two of them already matured and I just let them roll into another CD and haven't touched the money but I somehow thought though that I would still have to declare the interest on our taxes but when I went to the website there was no option to print any forms out and no recent statements that I haven't gotten. So all that has me thinking - is a 1099 coming or do I not have to report the interest until I cash in the CD?

Thanks much - I really want to get our taxes done!

As long as the amount of interest is $10.00 or more they are required to send you a 1099-INT. However, they have until February 1 to mail them (since January 31 is a weekend).

Cheshire...I thought I read somewhere that banks/investment companies actually have until February 15th to get their statements to you?

They don't mail them out. You have to log in to your account. There is a link there for the tax forms. They were ready earlier this week. You should have gotten an email stating your tax forms are now ready to print.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter