Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Hasil72, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Hasil72

Hasil72 DIS Veteran

We've rented through the same owner a few times and they have always been great. We know that they used to have some properties with friends and those homes are no longer advertised through the website. Over the past few months it seems like they are offering less and less inventory and we've just chalked it up to the economy.

Here's my concern, we just paid our final balance plus the security deposit, hence they sent us the exact address. Well, I Googled it and the property is up for sale. Think I should be worried? :confused3 Probably not but can't help but to be a little apprehensive.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

Yes. I would e-mail the owners and ask them about the situation.

4. LILJAN59

LILJAN59 Mouseketeer

Definitely ask the owners why it is for sale, I.e. will it be going into foreclosure soon, if it is not sold????:cloud9:

5. two*little*birds

two*little*birds <font color=green>LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

We're going through the same thing... has me worried too! I just sent the owner an e-mail. I'm sure everything is fine, but it does make me concerned.

6. Hasil72

Hasil72 DIS Veteran

I did email the owners asking if this will impact our stay. They confirmed that the home is for sale and it shouldn't impact our stay. Said they shouldn't schedule any showings while we are there, but if they need to, the management company would contact us first to make arrangements. It looks like they are selling off their smaller homes and maintaining the larger ones. The villas we rented in 2009 (4BR in WH) and 2010 (5BR in EI) are no longer advertised and the one for sale is also a 4 BR in EI.

I don't think it's in foreclosure; it looks like it's been up for sale since July.

7. PinkLemonade7503

PinkLemonade7503 Mouseketeer

Closing usually takes several weeks, so even if they do sell it very soon, it probably wouldn't impact your stay. But, if you are worried about, you could always make other arrangements. It would be a bit bizarre to have the condo you are renting shown while you are there. But, I am sure they would do all they could do show it once you were gone, or at least while you were out for the day.

8. two*little*birds

two*little*birds <font color=green>LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

We heard from our owners as well. The house we're staying in is not for sale... phew! They have sold 2 of their other homes though. Google can be a PIA sometimes, when you put in an address it will pull up past sale information as well which I think is what confused us! :scratchin

9. Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire DIS Veteran

We have just had a similar experience - however our owners emailed to say they had sold and weren't sure the new owners were honoring the bookings. We haven't heard from the new owners so I have had to book alternative accommodation. Hope you are fine :)