Should I be able to get from FW to Contemp 1/2 marathon morning?

RadioFanatic

Mouseketeer<br><font color=6d6b70>SO not a jewelry
I'm staying at FW and my friends are staying at BLT. I'm supposed to watch their kids EARLY that morning so they can run the 1/2. Will I be able to get a taxi from our place to theirs? How would you recommend I do it?

Yeah, it will be wicked early...any chance the kids could sleep over with you that night at your camper/tent/cabin?

I drove from the Fort to the start of the Princess half a couple of years ago and didn't have a problem getting over ot Epcot to the start area, but I'm thinking about the route from the Fort to the Contemporary...which is part of the course for the half (I believe it is the same course for both the Marathon weekend and the Princess), so I wonder what time they close the roads that are part of the course. That might be a question for RunDisney - they have a "contact us" link on the web site.

I'm still thinking a sleepover might be easiest if you have the room and depending on the size/ages of the kids. Maybe you could even make an evening out of it with a trip to the Campfire program with the kids and give your friends an opportunity to hit the hay early.

Oh, ETA, I see you're running the full! Cool! So, I guess gauge my suggestion on the sleepover based on what kind of sleepers the kids might be...you don't want to be tired out for the next day! FYI, you're a great friend for doing this :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!