Shore Excursions for Western Caribbean Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MarineFam, Jan 13, 2013.

1. MarineFam

MarineFam Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

We are going on the Fantasy in April with stops at Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Caymans. We are a family of 4 with 2 DS ages 12 and 15. We will also be traveling with another family with close ages as ours and my in-laws. My question as we have only been on an Eastern cruise and this will be our first Western, what would be some things we should look at doing. My DW likes some shopping but mainly we love spending time on the beach and the water. I was looking at all of the shore excursions and wanted some input as to what I should be looking at with some of your experiences....Thanks for the help!!!:cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bitlerzx4

bitlerzx4 DIS Veteran

We are planning on doing the Fury catamaran. If you search it, a lot of people have posted about it.

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We did a dolphin encounter/turtle farm excursion in Grand Cayman last month. Really, really loved the dolphin part. The turtle farm was OK.

5. MarineFam

MarineFam Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

Great! The Fury Catamaran is one that really stood out and I was talking to my DW about booking it. I will have to check it out more. Thanks

6. chimpwars

chimpwars Earning My Ears

We just got off the Magic yesterday. Loved the Turtle Farm and Dolphin experience in Grand Cayman. BUT if you buy the turtle farm tickets on your own on the internet you can use the WHOLE park, where there is swimming/beaches etc. Wish I had known it wasn't included. But we didn't bring our cc with us on the excursion, as you can add it for $20pp while you are there.
    Our beach day was going to be Costa Maya but we could not dock due the the swells making it unsafe.
    We did Xcaret in Cozumel and loved it, but be sure to take dramamine for young kids and meclizine for older kids/adults as the ferry becomes a barf boat!!

7. emma'smom

emma'smom <font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a

We booked the Turtle Farm directly online and it was really a wonderful experience. I can see why those who just did the turtles might find it limiting as it appeared that the turtle farm itself was a working ecological preserve and thus nothing fancy. However, the turtle contact and ability to see different species and ages and then pick them up was great. We then spent the day on the other side of the park where we snorkeled with turtles, iguanas, and all kinds of fish and then hit the fresh water pool that was very nice with waterfalls and a waterside. The beach and poolside was much newer than the turtle farm and very clean. For 112.00 total for a family of four including a shuttle to and from the pier with a very friendly driver who offered a tour along the way (called himself the governor) it was well worth it.