Shopping on Boxing day

disneyday3

Oh no I've got to earn my ears again! Lost my pass
Anyone experienced shopping on Boxing Day? Are the sales on, and if so is it crazy like Black Friday?

Here's our dilemma:
We get off our cruise around 9am Boxing day and the flight home is 9.30pm
I don't think we will be bothered with parks or swimming as we are spending a week in Orlando before the cruise.
I'd love to leave our shopping for pressies and clothes (and new handbag of course) till the last minute as there's limited space in the rooms .
Would anyone recommend this?

As far as I'm know "Boxing Day" doesn't exist in the US. They don't acknowledge it in any way. Not to say there won't be sales on though :confused3

As far as I'm know "Boxing Day" doesn't exist in the US. They don't acknowledge it in any way. Not to say there won't be sales on though :confused3

right - it's just the day after Christmas....
yes there are usually very good after-Christmas sales, but the crowds are nothing like black friday..

In 2007 we flew on Christmas Day and ended up having a bit of a shopping day on Boxing Day, crowds were fine, Walmart was the busiest place we went as we went there for foody bits and bobs.

Altough they are not called boxing day sales they do start sales on boxing day with very good discounts last boxing day I went to florida mall and bought shoes for $4.00 ( came away with quite a few ) and the premier outlets have sales in every shop well worth a visit .:cool1:

Last Christmas we went fro a week either side of Christmas

We actually found the prices in the pre christmas sales sometimes cheaper than the post christmas sale

for example a picture frame in Macy pre christmas in the pre christmas sale rose by $25 in the post Christmas sale:confused3

I think as always there are sales and there are SALES:lmao:

Altough they are not called boxing day sales they do start sales on boxing day with very good discounts last boxing day I went to florida mall and bought shoes for $4.00 ( came away with quite a few ) and the premier outlets have sales in every shop well worth a visit .:cool1:

Shopping it is then! It would be rude of me not to take advantage of some special offers wouldn't it?

Hi

Been going to Florida at Christmas time (this year 9th until 30th)for the last 8years.

They do have great sales and they call it "the day after christmas!!!"

If you want some great deals on christmas sets, christmas decs etc then you need to get to Walmart early!!

We usually leave the villa early and get when it's dark!!

Last year though notsure if it's just the economy but the shops started there sales about 5days before christmas.

Hope this helpsxx
Shopping it is then! It would be rude of me not to take advantage of some special offers wouldn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter