Shopping at Epcot - Japan & AG size doll costumes at DD

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mom2brina, Sep 6, 2008.

1. mom2brina

mom2brina Mouseketeer

When we were at WDW last Spring, I remember there being some nice kimonos in the shopping center in Japan at Epcot. DD wants to wear one for Halloween this year and at first I was just going to make her one, but after looking for fabric, I realized it is probably not worth my time to make one. I thought I saw them for somewhere in the $40 range?? Fabric alone would be $25, not including the binding, and other materials, plus the time spent on it.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is anyway to purchase things from this store without being there in person?? Has anyone actually purchased a kimono from this store before - what was your experience w/ cost vs. quality?

Another thing, I am thinking of buying 2 of those costumes for American Girl size dolls that they had in DD - can you buy those online anywhere?

Thanks for your help!!

2. mickeymaker2003

mickeymaker2003 DIS Veteran

You can try WDW merchandising... they might be able to get it for you.

3. lisadr

lisadr <font color=blue>I amused the bejeedles out of mys

That is a great question-I would love to know the answer to as well! I CANNOT sew at all-I "iron" sew everything!! And that would be a great costume for me for the MNSSHP!

4. mom2brina

mom2brina Mouseketeer

Anyone got a number for WDW merchandising??