Shop at Target to get Disney Gift cards

jmillertime

Mouseketeer
One way we save for our annual Disney vacation is to shop at Target to get Disney gift cards. Most weeks they offer reward dollars on purchases like buying Tide detergent or razor blades etc. When you buy these sale items they give you reward dollars. Once our reward account hits $50 we buy a Disney gift card. This past year we took $500 in gift cards with us. Pays for our food.

I do this too. I also like to combine it with cartwheel or coupons for more savings. Many times the items are also on sale.

I've only been in target one time since Christmas so unfortunately this wouldn't work for me. I use my chase visa for every thing from my mortgage payment to gas and get the points.

I like this a bit better because I also have a wider range of gc's. our trip in August we are driving down from Pa so I've got gc's for cracker barrel (LOL, which we loooove), cheesecake factory & Bahama Breeze which is right outside the park and we also love.
I've got a 8 night trip coming up and I've got just about a gc for just about every night's dinner. We have a dvc so we eat off site and on. I'll also have a couple of Walmart gc's to stock up the villa refrigerator.

search the budget board, these folks have some serious ways to get deals on Disney gc's

When you say reward dollars, do you mean the target gift cards with purchase (ex buy 4 deodorants or 2 laundry detergents and get a $5 target gift card)?

When you say reward dollars, do you mean the target gift cards with purchase (ex buy 4 deodorants or 2 laundry detergents and get a $5 target gift card)?

That's what I am wondering too but then it says once our reward account hits $50??? We need more info OP :wave:

cool idea, I have tried cartwheel once and did ok I just need to start really paying attention to the sales there. my daughter told me about cartwheel and if you use that and coupons when stuff is on sale it can work out ok. I don't have a smart phone but found out through a site called krazy coupon lady that you can print out your cartwheel barcode and take it in with you I am going to have to pay more attention to those gc offers from now on

They usually have the deals on toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo and conditioner,body wash and diapers.

I use coupons for the products, cartwheel and sometimes there's a target coupon you can use along with the manufacturers coupon and you get the gift card. I usually end up with a pretty good deal.

I was going to do this for our DCL trip to Norway next year and started saving them. I was at Target yesterday and was told by several cashiers that the Company changed their policy and they were not allowing people to do this any more. As anyone tried it lately?

I was going to do this for our DCL trip to Norway next year and started saving them. I was at Target yesterday and was told by several cashiers that the Company changed their policy and they were not allowing people to do this any more. As anyone tried it lately?
Rule#1 - Don't ask Target cashiers questions about buying Disney gift cards with Target gift cards!
Just do it! It works perfectly!

I am a teacher and recently got a tutoring position after school. I asked for a paper check so when I get it I can go cash it and buy Disney GC from target as well. This is my 1 st trip trying this method of saving... We'll see how it goes!!!!!

Does most everywhere on Disney property accept the gift cards?

I am a teacher and recently got a tutoring position after school. I asked for a paper check so when I get it I can go cash it and buy Disney GC from target as well. This is my 1 st trip trying this method of saving... We'll see how it goes!!!!!

Does most everywhere on Disney property accept the gift cards?
Everyplace on Disney property accepts the gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter