Shoes on luau beach?

sloneta

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We just booked a Memories Collection wedding for Luau Beach at the Polynesian. What kind of shoes have brides worn? I am a bit worried about all of the sand. :)

Thanks!

Tara

congratulations! That was my worry too about Luau. I would think maybe a pretty flip flop if I was going it or a wedge.

After our Aulani vow renewal, we clambered all over the rocks and beach in Ko Olina for photos. I just wore pretty-but-inexpensive flats that I didn't mind ruining (and they didn't even really get ruined!). They sure did fill up with sand, though... :teeth:
CP_348.jpg

Hi ,

DH and I will be renewing our vows in May on Luau Beach and I also struggled with what to put on my feet. My gown is pretty formal and I'm already short (5'2) so I didn't want to go with flip flops or barefoot (what a lot of other Luau Beach brides have done). I'm wearing a formal wedge sandal from David's Bridal. It's high enough where I think I might be safe from getting swamped by sand- but if sand get in there it will be easy to remove and clean.

Hope that helps a little! :)

Best Wishes,
Staci :)

If you want a heel of any kind I would definitely stick to a wedge! I loved having fun coloured shoes for photos as well, but most of all I'd say pick something that makes you comfortable. I tried to do some of my shots wearing flip flops to save me some walking in my heels but I didn't feel like myself and even our photographer noticed that I was much less present and confident without my shoes. Heels make me feel powerful and beautiful so that's what I wore (you might be able to tell I'm a shoe freak!) wear what makes you feel like the most powerful and confident version of yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter