Shoes...Let's get some shoes

Just a few notes on this.

Slip-Resistant soles are recommended for all Cast Members, regardless of role. Several roles do REQUIRE Cast Members to wear shoes with Slip-Resistent soles.

I've used Shoes for Crews since I hired in with Disney (they were the Costuming-provided shoes when I worked in F&B*, and I kept them as I moved into other areas). They're quite comfortable and a good value for money, as they do keep for quite a while.

At the Walt Disney World Resort, they do have a truck that comes to backstage locations the first and third weeks of the month to sell shoes to Cast Members. In addition, WDW Cast Members recently gain the ability to pay for their shoes through payroll deductions.

https://www.shoesforcrews.com

*At the DLR, certain roles, including Food & Beverage, utilize company-issued shoes. This is not the case at WDW.

awesome! I already own a pair of SFC (required at P.F. Chang's) so assuming my location has black shoes, I'll be set!!

I would def recommend checking out the website it's got plenty of options for shoes!! **THEY RUN BIG - I GOT A SIZE 8 GENERALLY TENNIS SHOES ARE 8'S FOR ME...I COULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH A 7 1/2 - MAYBE EVEN 7. JUST A HEADS UP.**

This is a thread for people who have already completed their CPs to let you know about their shoes. Why? Well, because my current work shoes would have been perfect for my CP job.

**I'm not saying your shoes will 100% work, but it's better to try and save some money, than not bring them, and find out walmart is out of shoes in your size, and run all over orlando trying to find work shoes when you could have used the ones you had

Now, at Innoventions we had to wear black, sneaker type shoes, no canvas! (ie no converse) Here's the men's version of the shoes that I currently have that would be fine http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3933725 Now I believe Mission: SPACE was the same, since I worked over there as part of Innov and had to wear the same shoes.

Originally, I was supposed to work at Kali River Rapids before they offered me Innoventions. There, you had to wear hiking boots

Other people post your shoes! :banana:

OMG I WANNA WORK IN INNOVENTIONS! -- sorry random but I obsess with that place lmao

After working there, I obsess over that place too lmao INNOVENTIONS IS AWESOME!

(IMO best CP job you can get)

My parents use to have to leave me there and I'd just stand their playing video games (like when I was younger it was like ALL SEGA GAMES!! I beat 2 games when I was there! That's how bad I was!) I'd tell them to go on like Test Track and just come back for me after the ride!

My parents use to have to leave me there and I'd just stand their playing video games (like when I was younger it was like ALL SEGA GAMES!! I beat 2 games when I was there! That's how bad I was!) I'd tell them to go on like Test Track and just come back for me after the ride!

So many parents do that (leave their kids there while they ride a ride) At one point I was like 'this isn't a day care, is it?' :rotfl:

I know it probably is dependent on where you work, but are you allowed to wear heels? If so, how tall are the heels allowed to be? I'll be in merchandising and I barely ever wear flats due to my lack of height :P

So many parents do that (leave their kids there while they ride a ride) At one point I was like 'this isn't a day care, is it?' :rotfl:

Were you fall or spring (or both)? One of my roommates worked there are wasn't crazy about it..

Zee - I worked hospitality and we were allowed to wear heels. I think that any "dress shoes" can be heels, but I could be wrong. Nobody lasted more than a month in them though, hahah. I could never find any comfortable dress shoes that would last me through my shifts; I would switch shoes during my breaks. :laughing:

I'm at DAK this summer though so I'm looking for some hiking boots. Those timberland ones posted earlier look pretty good..

Do any of you know if they have a Shoe Carnival close to any of the spots the bus drops you off?

Does anyone know the kinds of shoes they wear? Thanks.

I do believe that the Vacation Planner costume at most locations calls for Black Dress Shoes, with shoelaces and no visible stitching or logos. At Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, this changes to brown hiking boots.

They may be. I know people who wore shoes similar to that and no one said anything, but I'd double check before you buy them, I don't want you to get in trouble or anything =/.

Thanks! I just know that my info says it can be a "hiking boot or shoe" and was hoping to stay away from the boots, if at all possible, due to comfort.

Thanks! I just know that my info says it can be a "hiking boot or shoe" and was hoping to stay away from the boots, if at all possible, due to comfort.

Yea a lot of people I worked with switched from the boots to shoes that looked like boots but were more like sneakers (like the shoes you're looking at). I liked my second pair of boots I have, they were comfortable versus the pair I had from Wal*Mart, THEY HURT.

I do believe that the Vacation Planner costume at most locations calls for Black Dress Shoes, with shoelaces and no visible stitching or logos. At Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, this changes to brown hiking boots.
Would plain, black flats be okay? (As long as they had some nice support in them, of course, so I wouldn't want to chop my feet off at the end of the day. ;))

Someone at some point was looking into getting Crocs... I was at the mall the other day and the lady selling crocs told me to wait until I get to Orlando because they just opened a Croc Outlet down there and you can usually find stuff alot cheaper!! Just thought I would pass that along if you are planning on getting crocs.

Check with your location before getting crocs because in most places you are NOT allowed to wear them. I know that you can't have crocs at any Merchandise/Food locations. A few girls that I worked with were sent home to change after coming in with crocs on.

Would plain, black flats be okay? (As long as they had some nice support in them, of course, so I wouldn't want to chop my feet off at the end of the day. ;))

That should be fine. Per The Disney Look, all Female Dress Shoes should be either Flat or have a well-defined heel. Platform Shoes are not permitted.

Someone at some point was looking into getting Crocs... I was at the mall the other day and the lady selling crocs told me to wait until I get to Orlando because they just opened a Croc Outlet down there and you can usually find stuff alot cheaper!! Just thought I would pass that along if you are planning on getting crocs.

With the exception of Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses, Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members are not permitted to wear Crocs or similarly-styled footware as part of their costume, per The Disney Look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter