Shoes Input PLEASE

kopppa33

Mouseketeer
I am looking for some feedback on the best type of supportive/walking/gym shoe that you have bought/owned/or heard of? I need something that my feet and knees will hurt minimally after walking for 12+ hours a day.

I have knee and ankle issues. We usually just wear some good broken in tennis shoes. I prefer Nike Air since they have great arch support and heel cushion.
I also take my crocs as a backup. I was surprised that my feet were fine the whole day in the parks with those simple crocs.
The best thing to do is listen to your body and take sitting breaks. A good soak in cool water in the middle of the day and at night helps.

We also do some walking daily before we take a trip to the world. It gets the legs and feet going...and more in shape.

Nike air max or reebok zig nanos are very lightweight and comfortable. DH and I wore these on our last trip and we had no problems at all. DH has very bad knees (football injuries) and wears air max daily (he is a teacher) because they were recommended by his orthopedic doctor.

I rotate between a good pair of broken in sneakers and my crocs. Right now I have a pair of Champion sneakers that feel great.

Don't try and wear brand new shoes, and don't wear the same shoes every day.

I LOVE my Asics. I have tried New Balance and they hurt my feet so bad. I asked a friend of mine who coaches college volleyball what shoes are the best. She recommended the Asics. These shoes are so comfy, soft yet firm when I move. I have worn a pair every time we have gone to WDW over the past 6 years...no issues.
I do agree with PP who suggested not wearing a brand new pair of shoes. Make sure whatever you wear something completely broken in. They might not be pretty but I know my feet won't hurt at the end of the day.
Also if you use some peppermint oil or spray at the end of the night it helps too.

I purchased the cutest pair of Mickey crocs on main st that look somewhat like Sperry's and the were the best shoes ive ever worn at wdw i also alternated with my Nike's and a pair of teva sandals I have scoliosis but was fine with all the walking, i just made sure not to carry a heavy bag and rested when we could

I wear a pair of Puma sneakers. They are men's but, I could care less because they are beyond comfortable while walking all day at Disney! When I bought them, I was told they are the best for theme parks, and they have been.

http://www.shop.puma.com/Collections/PUMA-Picks/Patriotic-Playlist/Suede-Sneakers/pna181649,en_US,pd.html&cgid=23110#!i%3D17%26color%3D05%26sz%3D30%26start%3D30%26size%3DUS_6_5

Or, I would rock my running shoes, because they are also verrry comfortable and I know they would do well for an all day theme park excursion.

http://http://www.ladyfootlocker.com/product/model:175869/sku:10791160/nike-lunarfly-+3-breathe-womens/white/purple/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH#sku=10791160&size=05.5

If being stylish was my main concern, I would more than likely be rocking other brands BUT while at a theme park, it's not.. it's comfort, and these are two very comfy shoes!

I LOVE my Asics. I have tried New Balance and they hurt my feet so bad. I asked a friend of mine who coaches college volleyball what shoes are the best. She recommended the Asics. These shoes are so comfy, soft yet firm when I move. I have worn a pair every time we have gone to WDW over the past 6 years...no issues.
I do agree with PP who suggested not wearing a brand new pair of shoes. Make sure whatever you wear something completely broken in. They might not be pretty but I know my feet won't hurt at the end of the day.
Also if you use some peppermint oil or spray at the end of the night it helps too.
Another vote for Asics - most comfortable shoe I own. Another brand my podiatrist recommended were Saucony.

Hope this helps!! :idea:

kopppa33 said:
I am looking for some feedback on the best type of supportive/walking/gym shoe that you have bought/owned/or heard of? I need something that my feet and knees will hurt minimally after walking for 12+ hours a day.

One of the best tips I found on this board was to alternate shoes, which I did last year. I alternated crocs, sport sandals, and sneakers. In my line of work, I am on my feet all day and currently wear Easy Spirit Anti-Gravity sneakers, and absolutely love them!

Good Luck and Have Fun!!

REEBOK Zig Nanos or RealFlex. DBF and I both wore our RealFlex the whole time we were in Disney for a Week in August and went pretty much all day and many late EMH. No problems. :)

Despite walking on a regular basis, I have terrible feet and ended up only being able to wear my crocs by the end of my week there. I had so many different blisters that I couldn't even wear my running shoes. So I recommend bringing something very comfy and forgiving like crocs in case you run into blister issues.

I recommend an actual shoe not a croc, and buy a high quality insert and begin using it about a week before the trip.

zephyrgirl13 said:
Despite walking on a regular basis, I have terrible feet and ended up only being able to wear my crocs by the end of my week there. I had so many different blisters that I couldn't even wear my running shoes. So I recommend bringing something very comfy and forgiving like crocs in case you run into blister issues.

Next time bring duck tape and put out on when you start to get hot spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter