Shoes for disney?

pepperderr

DIS Veteran
I read one post here, and it makes me come up with another question to ask. I was reading about the rain at WDW and someone said you want to make sure you wear shoes that will dry fast. I was thinking if we didn't go on any water rides I wouldn't have to worry. I wasn't thinking of my feet getting soaked from rain. I THINK we are going to be some of those people that stay at the park riding even if it rains. I'll have to see how the kids react to that. I was just planning to wear my sneakers. They are good Nike sneakers that were stretched just to fit my feet :thumbsup2 . We go to a family owned shoe store that measures you and keeps a card of what your had last and what they did and why.

The other week, I could have sworn I had a bunion becuase my foot felt like I was walking bear bone on cement it hurt so bad right at the side and ball of my foot. I was taking prescribed pain pills that only relieved some but never all of the pain. The doctor never said it was a bunion and it did not look like I had a big lump there that makes you think it is a bunion, it just hurt really bad. It has since gone away. I am afraid it will come back though and probably be more aggrivated by all the extra walking at disney. Soooo. I am leary of just wearing sandle or something without much support, although wearing shoes or not wearing shoes never made a difference in the pain. The pain was not from my shoes rubbing my feet.

Should I wear my sneakers and go thru the hassle of changing if I think they are going to get too wet? Or are there some particular shoes you like to wear that might work for me and I don't have to worry about them getting wet? Sadly, I don't have a second pair of sneakers to just switch off if one pair gets wet and I am afraid to get a cheap pair if I am already having foot pain. What do you think? What do you recomment? WWYD?

Thanks.

Love, love, love my Crocs! My kids and I wore them all day every day on our 7 day trip last summer--NO sore feet! The kids and I wore them with ultra low-cut socks most of the time. On water rides we slipped the socks off and into zipper baggies we had in our backpack. When it rained, it was really easy just to slip the socks off as well, then dry the Crocs with a paper towel or something after the rain was over. (DH wore running shoes--had trouble with "hot spots" all week and had to suffer through having wet feet after it rained a couple of afternoons. He has very long narrow feet, however, and Crocs don't fit him as well. The kids and I all have wide feet, so the Crocs are great for us!)

Seriously, I am a teacher and on my feet LOTS. I wear my Crocs to work every chance I get! Yes, they are hideous, but I'll take comfort over fashion any day!

I think everyone here will recommend Crocs! I wore them for our trip, no sore or tired feet!

I was too afraid to try crocs. I'd be one of those people who ended up with blisters. I packed 2 pairs of sneakers. So if one pair got soaked, I had another pair. I also packed flip flops. My plan was in the event of impending rain, to switch shoes and keep the sneakers in the backpack...but the only soaking rain we had was on our way back to the hotel so it didn't matter much.

I think everyone here will recommend Crocs! I wore them for our trip, no sore or tired feet!

They must really be good. I am going to have to try them! I just always thought they looked weird but they seem perfect for Disney. I didn't realize they had so many different kinds. I love the sandal type for the kids but they are about 70 dollars.

Do I get these because they say they are special for bunions and foot problems?
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-46-4-relie...411p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

If I get these, will they stay on my feet on rides without a back strap?
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-110-4-cleo...=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

Or can I get those and add this strap to it?
http://www.shoemall.com/product/CrocsTurbo-Strap-Pearl-614057

I surely have to get the expensive kind to get the best comfort benifit out of them right? I think they have croc style shoes that are cheapo's at walmart.

For 30 dollars I am sure I would get my money's worth out of them, but if I get the boys each a good pair, I think I will take it out of their Disney money. Otherwise it will be about 100 dollars to get us all a pair and that doesn't include DH. I will just have to see what he thinks. Thanks!

Crocs, Crocs, Crocs!!!!!!! I love my Crocs. I got a pair for my trip in Sept of 07 and I have since converted ever my unmoveable DH to wear them. I got the Disney Crocs for my DD7, DS almost 5 and DH. They love them as well and the have really cool colors. I got them online and had them shipped to my house. You can do a search online for the best deal, and also for coupon codes. I found a really good price at shoebuy.com, and I also found a coupon for them. Also I have a very bad back and hips, and my DS has special needs due to back and rib problems. I can't say enough good things about my crocs:love:

I second, or third, the crocs! Both dd4 and I wore them the whole trip last year and no problems. Plus, when it rained the one time before the parade, my feet were dried really fast!

those who wear crocs to the parks.. did you already have them broken in when you got to the parks or did you buy them new and wear them. I bought a couple pairs for myself and kids, mine seem to give me rough spots on my toes (weird) and my ds make him trip all over the place? Not sure what to do now!

We did an amusement park a couple years ago in crocs and we all ended up with blisters. They were the croc brand too, not imitation ones. For those of you who wear crocs all day in the parks without problems, do you wear ankle socks with them?

I cant bring myself to try those ugly buggers, I take one pair of well broken in sneakers and 1 pair of very comfy and thick cushioned sandles. Ive never had a problem. Good socks help too

those who wear crocs to the parks.. did you already have them broken in when you got to the parks or did you buy them new and wear them. I bought a couple pairs for myself and kids, mine seem to give me rough spots on my toes (weird) and my ds make him trip all over the place? Not sure what to do now!

I usually wear mine 1 week before we go on vacation. I love the crocs very comfortable. My DD2 will not put on any other shoes while in WDW. she screams she want's her mickey shoes (because of the mickey mouse heads on them)

We did an amusement park a couple years ago in crocs and we all ended up with blisters. They were the croc brand too, not imitation ones. For those of you who wear crocs all day in the parks without problems, do you wear ankle socks with them?

i don't wear any socks. Maybe they changed from a couple of years ago because i had NO problems.

CROCS!!! I just bought new pairs for my two DS's and myself. I make sure all of us wear them at least a little bit each day to break them in before we leave in a month. My DS's wear them with the strap on (or else they both trip over them) and those really short, thin ankle socks. I'll just take their socks off if it rains or we go on a wet ride.

My little guy (4) wore them every day last summer (with and without socks) with no problems. He refused to wear anything else.

I bought them at shoebuy.com. I had a 20% coupon for one pair and received 10% off the other 2 pairs for registering on their site. Free shipping and returning too. If you go to crocs.com they have good descriptions of each style.

We wear the ultra low-cut socks with ours--usually ones with the stuff that wicks moisture away from your feet. Ankle socks would be fine, but you end up with tan lines around your leg--and with the ultra low-cut ones, you won't!

another note..i live on a lake and we and all our friends are frequent boaters..crocs were also designed for this. we finally broke down (we thought they were ugly too)and bought themm for our disney trip. we wore them everyday with no problems. now my mil bought a pair as well(she went with us to disney as well as my mom) she didnt like how they felf without socks so she laughed at me and wore her shoes she wears all the time( with no problem usually)on the second day( it was hot and she didnt want to wear crocks with socks while in shorts) well quess who couldnt walk day 3 because her feet were killing her..yup the shoes she loves couldnt handle all the walking in the parks (these are the same shoes she wears to walk in the relay for life each year)..my husband tried to wear his one day as well for whatever reason and his feet were ok but he wore his crocs form then on out.

please check them out..you will love them even if you dont like the way you look and you wont look stupid because almost everyone has a pair.

I am surprised that so many of you like Crocs so much. I HATE mine!! :scared1: They make my feet so sweaty, and then I blister like crazy! I only wear them for gardening, as they are so easy to rinse off. But aside from that, I would never wear them out, and certainly not for long periods of walking time.

So, any other recommendations? I could use a good non-Croc, non-athletic shoe solution! :thumbsup2

I love my Crocs! I did wear them all day last fall, without socks in Dallas when the weather was over 90 degrees and by the end of the day I had some blisters on my feet. When I take them with me to Disney in just over a week, I'm bringing ankle socks to wear with them. I'm also waiting for a pair of Crocs Athens flip-flop style shoes that I bought from Shoebuy.com.

I am surprised that so many of you like Crocs so much. I HATE mine!! :scared1: They make my feet so sweaty, and then I blister like crazy! I only wear them for gardening, as they are so easy to rinse off. But aside from that, I would never wear them out, and certainly not for long periods of walking time.

So, any other recommendations? I could use a good non-Croc, non-athletic shoe solution! :thumbsup2

I wear my Born sandals and LOVE them. They have all kinds of styles. I wear the flat ones for walking Disney and they also have some beautiful wedges and heels for dressier occasions that are also comfortable. Dh thinks my closet looks like a Born shoe store - that's about the only brand I buy any more.

P.S. As ugly as they are, I like my Crocs too - especially in wet weather since they dry so quickly.

Are they real crocs? If they are, I'm surprised.

Land's End makes some interesting footwear - breathable, lightweight, and quick-drying if they get wet. Maybe check out their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter