Shoe dilemma for disney?!

BettyBoo29

Mouseketeer
All you ladies out there know where I will be coming from with this one.. What shoes to wear at Disney?!

I am really not a trainer person and I also read somewhere that with the heat your feet sweat so much and also if you go on any water rides trainers hold the water for hours? So I'm thinking maybe 'FitFlops'? They have a really good sole and mould to your feet,
I love my sandals and flip flops and think they make your outfit but when at Disney I guess comfort comes first :-(

Any suggestions please throw my way! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When we went in May I just had ankle surgery so I was so nervous about footwear! I wore sketchers go walks... The mesh ones so they breathed really well. Also switched some nights to my Nike flip flops which were awesome too.

I wear Keen sandals every trip. They are comfortable, breathe well, support well. I like the KeenWhisper and the keen Venice H2. My DDs also wear them. Never a blister in7 years.

The past 2 times I changed shoes mid day and for the first time had no foot issues. I would start in sneakers and switch to sandals.

When we went in May I just had ankle surgery so I was so nervous about footwear! I wore sketchers go walks... The mesh ones so they breathed really well. Also switched some nights to my Nike flip flops which were awesome too.

I just bought some go walk baby style from Kohls. They are amazingly comfortable, and do not make my feel look huge. I always have a hard time getting comfy shoes and don't wear flip flops. They have the shoes at amazon too.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I love my Asics Gel Nimbus... very breathable and they feel like you are walking on a cloud.

I know many,many people wear flip flops all day and do fine. The Asics don't offer a lot of protection from being stepped on but it's better than a sandal, lol.

Personally I wouldn't try anything new at WDW. Make sure you test out, and break in, anything you plan on wearing before you get there.

Proper fit is essential and if you feel any sort of irritation while you are walk, you need to stop immediately and inspect, lest that minor irritation turns into a blister before you know it.

The past 2 times I changed shoes mid day and for the first time had no foot issues. I would start in sneakers and switch to sandals.

maryandtyson said:
wear Keen sandals every trip. They are comfortable, breathe well, support well. I like the KeenWhisper and the keen Venice H2. My DDs also wear them. Never a blister in7 years.

We wear Keen sandals as well. They are waterproof, breathable and form to your foot. We noticed many parents that had gotten the same sandal for their little ones at the water parks in place of water shoes as they are slip resistant too.
We also changed shoes in the early evening. Even though my feet felt fine I still swapped out to my Oakley flip flops and my feet felt amazing to have the change. It saved me from having any aching feet or nasty blisters.
I would also interchange my Keens for a different pair of shoes every other day so that my feet wouldn't get tired from the same shoe day after day.

So what footwear do you use in the winter when open type shoes r not an option and you have to wear socks?

I have been wearing Olukai Ohanas all summer and they have the most amazing support of any sandal/flip flop. Can't wait to wear them in Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter