Shirley - KW Question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Renysmom, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Renysmom

Renysmom <font color=darkorchid>Just wondering what is goin

Shirley -

Just saw this on the Key West Calendar of Events page and was wondering if you know anymore about this event and does it impact crowds? We will be there on 11/1 as part of our 7 day Western.

October 23 to November 1, 2009 - FANTASY FEST - 31st Annual Fantasy Fest - An outrageous, 10-day celebration featuring costume competitions, promenades, street fairs and a grand parade with marching groups and lavish floats. This year's theme: Villains, Vixens, and Vampires.

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bracy

Bracy Mouseketeer

Don't mean to hijack this thread but must let you know that Fantasy Fest is a huge party, that yes has many in costume, but a lot of those costumes are body paint, not actual fabric.:scared1: Key West is a very, shall we say, liberal community. Just thought i should let you know since this is a DCL board.

4. Carlnne

Carlnne DIS Veteran

Do a search of it on you tube and you will see more than you want. The good news- it looks like most of the "activities" take place at night when the ship would have already left. Im sure Barb will elaborate more.

5. snelsonbrown

snelsonbrown "We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo Approved Advertiser

One of things that brings the crowds down into KW is that just about anything is a "go". Here is the website for it - it is NOT recommend for kids.
    http://www.fantasyfest.net/

Me??? Wish they would go back to what it once was where it was all a family affair, but that will never happen again

6. Renysmom

Renysmom <font color=darkorchid>Just wondering what is goin

Thanks Shirley (and everyone else).

This was just the info me and my shipmates were looking for.

Luckily we (DH and I) are not traveling with Minors so we can handle it but the parents on the ship have been shared your info and the link and will have to determine how to avoid these events with their children in tow.

7. nokidz

nokidz thanks Mickey, now I am an addict!!

We were there during Fantasy Fest last October. The ship docks on a Sunday, so everything is tame then. All we saw was some cross dressing pirates wandering the streets and a little "fashion" show with the above cross dressing pirates. Nothing too risque. :thumbsup2