Shipping water to resort

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by sue0723, Jul 3, 2014.

1. sue0723

sue0723 Earning My Ears

Has anyone had water or drinks or snacks shipped to the resort and what grocery chain delivers for free there?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mcconnellfam96

mcconnellfam96 DIS Veteran

gardengrocer.com seems to be a great choice and I have read many positive reviews for them. We are trying them out for the first time in just a few weeks! :)

4. notaclue

notaclue DIS Veteran

Garden Grocer has a minimum order of, I think, $40 plus a $19 delivery charge.

Turner Drugs has no minimum order and only charges $7.50 to deliver.

5. PrncessA

PrncessA DIS Veteran

We used Staples and shipping was free.

6. sue0723

sue0723 Earning My Ears

What does everyone usually ship or buy? Never thought of staples

7. Realgrumpy

Realgrumpy <font color=blue>Think we've watched Willy Wonka t

How long before you go do you order the water?

8. susanm

susanm DISNEY MANIAC ºoº

my first time ordering from garden grocer also... soda (pepsi) juice water and some snacks ...also getting some liquid stuff - shampoo conditioner mouthwash toothpaste stuff so i dont have to carry on the plane

9. PrncessA

PrncessA DIS Veteran

We ordered just water from staples, but there were lots of options for snacks that we considered as well. If you are looking for just water, Staples is great, but if you want snacks then I would look into Garden Grocer. They have really good reviews!

I ordered my water from Staples two days before I arrived, but it was delivered next day, so it was waiting for me.

10. Hockeyfan17

Hockeyfan17 Mouseketeer

We have used garden grocer before and were very happy. We ordered water, juice boxes, as well as fresh fruit, veggies, yogurt and bagels so that we could eat breakfast in our rooms each day. We are early risers and like to be at the park for rope drop, so this was very convenient for us. All of the produce we received was of excellent quality and we do plan on using them again for our upcoming trip.

11. momofboyz3

momofboyz3 DIS Veteran

this ^

12. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

Another vote for gardengrocer.com. We have used them several times and were fantastic every time.

We ordered snacks, beer, water, gatorade, a fan, breakfast items and toiletries. This saved us a lot of money vs buying all of this at the resort or parks.

13. Happyjen27

Happyjen27 DIS Veteran

We brought our stainless steel water bottles with us, and then bought water by the gallon at our resort, was cheap and effortless.

We also pack snacks, cereal, wine in our luggage, and buy milk by the 1/2 gallon at the resort for breakfasts.

For fresh fruit and veg we count on our other meals.

14. terri33inne

terri33inne Mouseketeer

I don't know what your stroller situation is, but with a Kingdom Stroller rental you can get groceries delivered for free.

15. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

We're doing a family reunion in 2 weeks :)

My own family ordered through Garden Grocer, as we've done before. We've never had a problem with their service. We ordered 2 cases of water (for 7 nights for my family of 5) as well as breakfast foods and park snacks.

Some family members are arriving a day later and staying at a different resort. They'll be ordering through Staples, with that free delivery, for just water.

16. Violet Parr

Violet Parr DIS Veteran

Garden Grocer is great. Last year we lived in Florida and had our car so we usually stopped at the Super Target near Animal Kingdom Lodge, but when we used Garden Grocer we really liked it.

VP

17. fadingjamie

fadingjamie Up next... our first trip to Disneyland!

duplicate

18. fadingjamie

duplicate... again

19. fadingjamie

[Going to try this one more time... I think the boards ate my post the first two tries]

We have never shipped water before but I'm thinking about it for our upcoming trip. Someone suggested Costco on here. Costco's website has a case of 24 bottles for ~$8.25 shipped.

20. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I can see all 3 of your posts, so you're good. Yes, that is the correct price for a case of water at Costco.

21. fadingjamie

:thumbsup2

I couldn't see any of them despite refreshing and closing/reopening my browser until I posted that last one. From what I can see from other people's threads, I might not have been the only one having trouble.