Shipping tequila home

Ptwolfman

Mouseketeer from CA
We are going on the Nov 11 sailing to Mexican Riviera. My question is if we buy tequila in port, can we ship it home from Mexico. I'm having a logistical problem. We can't pack it in our checked bag because we have to declare it at customs. On the other hand, we are flying home and I'm not sure we will have time to put it in our checked bag before we get checked in at the airport & we can't carry it on the plane. Any help would be great. Thanks.

You will have your baggage with you when you go thru customs getting off the ship at port. So you can put it in your checked luggage when disembarking the ship.

eta: You also need to check the regulations for PA, not sure you would be allowed to ship alcohol to a PA address.

Thank you for this info. That's what I'll do then. I'm in CA. Not sure about shipping it to CA either but this solves my problem. Thanks again

we had a ton of alcohol packed into our luggage from our most recent cruise and didn't remove it to clear customs -- we just declared it on our form which the agent barely looked at. Is there a different customs procedure for cruiers returning from Mexico?

Not sure. I thought I read somewhere not to pack it before clearing customs. I could be confused

Not sure. I thought I read somewhere not to pack it before clearing customs. I could be confused

Well, for what it's worth we have packed alcohol into our checked luggage prior to setting the bags out the night before docking at Port Canaveral and it's never been an issue. And on this most recent cruise we had a lot of booze - some we purchased and some was a gift. Like I said, we just note it on the declaration form and whisk right on through the next morning. And now that I think about it, I've never seen anyone else with those items out either ... you just find your luggage in the terminal and clear customs with it - just make sure to have your form and passports ready for inspection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter