Shipping Questions???

I'd actually love to ship our FE and FE gifts ahead of time....has anyone ever had a box get lost? That would really be a shame.

I'd actually love to ship our FE and FE gifts ahead of time....has anyone ever had a box get lost? That would really be a shame.

Did not get lost but arrived soaking wet :scared1:. We embarked onto the Magic into a tropical storm (another story) but the box practically fell apart is was so wet. Fortunately my FE's were undamamged but not all the FE group was so lucky. I would recommend putting all your stuff into a plastic bag and then into the box to protect the contents.

Did not get lost but arrived soaking wet :scared1:. We embarked onto the Magic into a tropical storm (another story) but the box practically fell apart is was so wet. Fortunately my FE's were undamamged but not all the FE group was so lucky. I would recommend putting all your stuff into a plastic bag and then into the box to protect the contents.

good to know. I might actually give it a try. We're heading to WDW for 3 days before our cruise, so it would just be nice to not have to think about an extra bag, taking it to the port, or taking it on the ship and lugging it around.

Very good to know...thank you!
good to know. I might actually give it a try. We're heading to WDW for 3 days before our cruise, so it would just be nice to not have to think about an extra bag, taking it to the port, or taking it on the ship and lugging it around.
I got the shipping info from Disboards and called DCL and confirmed everything...

Address your package to:
Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
Guest Name/Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what your room number is)
8633 Transport Drive
Orlando, FL 32832
Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information:
ATTN: Housekeeping
Name
Sail Date
Ship
Stateroom Number
Packing slip

One box per stateroom, no exceptions.
The package must have the guest's full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.

The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 pounds.

Don't put anything in there that you can't live without. And if you put your FE items in there, leave at least enough to cover everyone in your carry-ons also... sad learning experience.

On our 7 night last summer, I decided that we could live without our formal attire or Pirate attire if those got lost, but not the FEs I'd made :rotfl:

So - I shipped the clothes, and packed the FEs.

Turns out all my worry was for naught - everything arrived exactly as it should. I do agree that you should pack in plastic first, as part of one box had clearly gotten wet in transit - but everything inside was fine (I pack in ziplocks anyway - one too many exploding toiletry issues to risk it!)

The boxes were in our rooms by the time we were allowed access.

On our 7 night last summer, I decided that we could live without our formal attire or Pirate attire if those got lost, but not the FEs I'd made :rotfl:

So - I shipped the clothes, and packed the FEs.

Turns out all my worry was for naught - everything arrived exactly as it should. I do agree that you should pack in plastic first, as part of one box had clearly gotten wet in transit - but everything inside was fine (I pack in ziplocks anyway - one too many exploding toiletry issues to risk it!)

The boxes were in our rooms by the time we were allowed access.

Did you use one box 12x12x12?

Three, actually, because we had three rooms (two for our family, one for my parents). But yes, we did use a 12x12x12 (to the point where I was OCD enough to go to the store and buy that exact size), and stuck to the one box/room rule.

I'm just a rule follower like that.

Three, actually, because we had three rooms (two for our family, one for my parents). But yes, we did use a 12x12x12 (to the point where I was OCD enough to go to the store and buy that exact size), and stuck to the one box/room rule.

I'm just a rule follower like that.

Me too...I just wanted to confirm it. I'm done with all my FE gifts...and was surprised to see they all fit perfectly. About 65 gifts, but they're not small...I was pretty relieved.

I FedEx my FE gifts to the address DCL provided which is the same as Disboards mentions. First, FedEx told me there's not such address. Then DCL receives the Thursday before our cruise. (We cruised on a Sunday).
Once on-board DCL guest services said they dont have any records of receiving a shipment for me. We had already left port. It was a bit frustrating...the first CM I spoke with didnt care and simply said it wasnt received. I finally spoke with someone "higher-up" who, after 2 hours...not only found it but went above and beyond making it up to us. Which she didnt have to...we were just happy we got our FE gifts.

We really do LOVE DCL CMs!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter