Shipping box to the ship

pdarrah

It's nice to know you are real, too
Has anyone ever shipped a box with a couple of bottles of wine to a stateroom on the ship? I would like to surprise my parents with some of their favorite wine on board. Since we are traveling together, I don't think I can carry it on without them knowing about it! Due to a wine club membership, I have plenty of wine shipping boxes (2 or 4 bottles) so I am fairly sure it would make it there OK. Is it possible to ship it to DCL and have it just arrive at their stateroom and be waiting for them? Is there a delivery charge for this service?

If this isn't possible, I will contact Shirley at The Perfect Gift. She did a great job last year on a basket for my DH and DS (I'll probably be having her do another of those this year) Maybe I could ship the wine to her and she could include it in a "basket" for my parents. I just thought it would be great if I could just ship it straight to the ship.

Thanks for any help,

pdarrah

I know that you cannot ship any type of food to the port in California. They will x-ray the box, and if they feel it is food, it will not be delivered. I don't know if wine counts as food, and don't know whether this applies to the port in Florida.

Hi there Pdarrah..... ;) My youngest daughter requires some special supplements to her diet...so we had planned on shipping her "shakes" last year when we cruised....We were told to just ship it to the terminal, with sail date and room number CLEARLY labled on the box...and if it arrived in time it shouldn't be any problem. We didn't end up doing it that way....instead we ended up packing a little in each bag (So we'd have empty space when we headed home :teeth: ...more room for souviners). PC didn't seem to have ANY issues with us sending a "food" type item..if you consider pediasure a food :rolleyes: ??? I'd just call DCL to get the low down straight from them. I don't think it would be a problem.

If it was..you could always ship it to Shirley at The Perfect gift. I noticed you'd mentioned her...but I don't recall if you mentioned shipping the wine to her...to put in a custom basket. Oh...just read your post...and it looks like you did think about that.

If you are talking about shipping to port canaveral..no problem.

Call DCL..they will give you the address of the warehouse service they use. Then you can call the warehouse directly, get the info for mailing, and you can also followup to see if your package makes it to the warehouse.

We shipped 4 boxes ahead before the may repo cruise. All were waiting in our stateroom when we arrived.

Legally speaking, because I would never want to run afoul of the archaic wine laws, some of which were recently overturned in a supreme court ruling.....

I "might have" shipped many bottles of wine and some liquor to Port Canaveral for our repo cruise. It was GREAT. I found some great shipping containers that totally protected the bottles. I sent several bottles of wine, some rum, vodka, mixers, wine opener, shaker, etc.

It magically appeared in my stateroom - it was there before I was! Fantastically simple to do. Was lovely to have a "bar" in my room...made dealing with my family so much easier! LOL! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank you everyone for all the responses! It looks promising. I'll call DCL for the shipping info.

Thanks,

pdarrah

rcostello1 said:
Legally speaking, because I would never want to run afoul of the archaic wine laws, some of which were recently overturned in a supreme court ruling.....

I "might have" shipped many bottles of wine and some liquor to Port Canaveral for our repo cruise. It was GREAT. I found some great shipping containers that totally protected the bottles. I sent several bottles of wine, some rum, vodka, mixers, wine opener, shaker, etc.

It magically appeared in my stateroom - it was there before I was! Fantastically simple to do. Was lovely to have a "bar" in my room...made dealing with my family so much easier! LOL! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wow, sounds great. I wonder if we could :wizard: magically do that in LA. for the repo cruise. I know that they are so strict though.

How far in advance do you recommend shipping the boxes? The repo cruise is only a month away now. I was thinking about shipping this week.

I just wrote DCL an email and here is their response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Non-perishable, USDA approved snack food items in their sealed original packaging may be brought
aboard our ships. However, opened packages may not be brought off the ship in Port Canaveral or the
Port of San Pedro after the sailing.

For shipping restrictions, please check with the carrier that you are using regarding their
guidelines, especially when shipping alcohol.

We look forward to the chance to sail with you.

Sincerely,

Jennifer
Disney Cruise Line Guest Communications

I shipped my boxes a few weeks before the cruise. Almost "forgot" to do it so I did it in a panic.

All of my "items" were unopened. I shipped using the don't ask, don't tell policy. Really it was several bottles of sparkling grape juice, no? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter