Ship Bands

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by john970, Feb 9, 2009.

1. john970

john970 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,

I have my first upcoming cruise on the Wonder. I have been on many lines (RCCL, Carnival, NCL, Princess), and I have older kids. I am a little nervous about cruising Disney with older teens, but the boards have put me to ease as I am definitely looking forward to my upcoming cruise.

My one disappointment is that it appears that the Wonder (and I assume the Magic also) will NOT have a Caribbean/Reggae deck band playing the Caribbean favorites while tanning at the pool. Does anyone know why this is?

I was hoping to listen to some live Caribbean music onboard and at Castaway Cay, but I have been told that there's only DJ music, and I am disappointed, because I can listen to my ipod any day at home.

Thanks for the info and opinions!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stingmom

stingmom Got Dis?

the Wonder no loner offers live music entertainment. You have to splurge for the Magic for that.. :sad1:

4. Tink rules

Tink rules <font color=teal>The kids in my family sometimes t

RELAX....

There is music playing EVERYWHERE... all the time...

You'll have a great time!!!!

Enjoy!!!

5. jcuzzort1026

jcuzzort1026 Mouseketeer

The last time we were on the Magic they had a live steel drum band by the Goofy pool one afternoon. They could have been there other days (we didn't spend a lot of time in the pools) but that is the only day I remember.

6. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

There is another thread on this. Live music on deck on the Wonder was eliminated several years ago.

7. iloveokw

iloveokw DIS Veteran

Troll - no DCL cruise booked, I bet pirate:

8. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

Even though there is no Deck Band, there is still live music on the ships.

9. luv that cruise

luv that cruise <font color=royalblue>Someone give me instructions

what is with the troll talk - what am i missing as this seems like a legitimate question? yes, years ago there was live music at the goofy pool. your post brought back happy memories. haven't seen it lately now that i think about it. The music is there, it's just not live. a day on the cruise is still magical for me.