Shhhh! Mickey's Twying to Sweep, be Quiet! - A July '11 Anniversary TR - Update 12/24

So I did something. :goodvibes

So I booked them flights to Orlando for a Disney weekend from August 31st to September 4th. :banana:

It's a low cost alternative for them when you think about it. I paid for the flights. I called DVC and was able to get them a room on points at OKW for the four nights.

Much better than a weekend away locally, right? :cool2:

I'm going to demand my mom take photos and write a TR for this. :dance3:

Oh my, my, my, my!
Love it!!! :dance3:

What a fantastic gift! :thumbsup2

Can I adopt you Danielle? Ok, perhaps I am a bit young but maybe you can think of me as a second father? :lmao:

Seriously, that is a wonderful thing you are doing for your parents!! You are one AWESOME daughter. How did they react?

Perhaps I will run into them when I am down there. If I do I will say hi.

Oh my, my, my, my!
Love it!!! :dance3:

What a fantastic gift! :thumbsup2

Thanks! It sounds cheesy, but it's the least I can do for the years they've put up with me. :rotfl:

Can I adopt you Danielle? Ok, perhaps I am a bit young but maybe you can think of me as a second father? :lmao:

Seriously, that is a wonderful thing you are doing for your parents!! You are one AWESOME daughter. How did they react?

:lmao:

My mom tells me that I'm awesome all the time. Don't worry though, I don't let it go to my head.

They were pretty surprised. They kept telling me that I didn't have to do it, but I told them that I wanted to. My dad got all excited about it right away. He's a kid at heart really.

Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start. Your nephew is just the cutest thing!!

I was also down with my nephew around the same time 7/13-7/23. We had a blast. A year is just too long to wait to go back :(

Great update!!!! What a great surprise for your parents!! The only thing they will have to pay for our tips and food?!! That's wonderful...I demand pics too!

Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start. Your nephew is just the cutest thing!!

I was also down with my nephew around the same time 7/13-7/23. We had a blast. A year is just too long to wait to go back :(

Thanks! I always love when I find out I was down there at the same time as someone on the boards. It always makes me wonder if we ran into each other somewhere.

Great update!!!! What a great surprise for your parents!! The only thing they will have to pay for our tips and food?!! That's wonderful...I demand pics too!

Yup, that's the plan. :thumbsup2

I love doing things for them. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :cloud9:

:woohoo: on booking a trip for your mum and dad’s anniversary – what a sweet thing to do! :thumbsup2

I also demand that your mum takes lots of photos and does a TR!

I'm here. Sorry it took me so long... :sad2:

(P.S. The link in your siggy wasn't working for me, I had to find you the old fashioned way, which really is just too much work!)

I totally agree that the Milwaukee airport is lacking in palatable food choices. The D concourse is much much better than the C, but neither are worth writing home about.

At least we have a recombobulation center :laughing:

I just hate the hurry up and wait of travel days, glad you made it through and can enjoy your trip!

Your nephew is ADORABLE!! Too funny about him hugging the wrong guy. Most Dads at Disney, it wouldn't even phase them, of course he's got to find a childless guy to hug :rotfl:

For me, there is nothing better than a ride on the TTA the first night! It's so Disney!

Yay for booking your parents for their anniversary! It is so strange that Disney becomes a low-cost option, but with cheap flights, DVC and Annual passes, it really is! We have run into that often.

Can't wait to read more

So I did something. :goodvibes

So, you know that this trip was to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary. Well, their actual anniversary is on August 7th. So, their plan had been to have a weekend to themselves and head somewhere local for their actual anniversary.

Well, my dad's motorcycle needed some MAJOR repairs to it. Now, just so you understand, this is my dad's baby. It must be repaired and maintained. :rotfl:

So, the repairs were done, and were significantly more than they had anticipated. So this put a damper on their plans to get out of town on their anniversary.

So I started looking. I checked for hotels in locations that are driving distance from us. Nicer places that you could spend time in, since it was their getaway. I wanted to surprise them since they were going to be cancelling.

And then I started thinking. Two nights at these resorts were pretty costly. The price of flights is not much more than that.......

So I booked them flights to Orlando for a Disney weekend from August 31st to September 4th. :banana:

It's a low cost alternative for them when you think about it. I paid for the flights. I called DVC and was able to get them a room on points at OKW for the four nights.

Much better than a weekend away locally, right? :cool2:

I'm going to demand my mom take photos and write a TR for this. :dance3:

I am sure that all of you who have been reading Danielle's TR know by now that she is the most awesome daughter any parent could have. She treated us to tickets to Paris and has been generous with so many other things that it would take me a month to write down. I was just so surprised that she wanted to do that. Thank you my wonderful,beautiful girl. I will use Joaquin's quote " you are the best":love::love::love:

EEEEEEEE That is SO exciting! Oh my gosh you are a FANTASTIC daughter haha. They are going to love love LOVE spending that time at Old Key West... that's my parents favorite resort. It's so relaxing and it's like going somewhere tropical and Disney at the same exact time! So great! :thumbsup2 Wow that's so sweet of you! How wonderful! :goodvibes

You are so right about Danielle being such a fantastic daughter. We also love OKW because it is so quiet. :banana::cool1:

I'm not sure if my husband would want her to have another dad:rotfl:
She is an AWESOME AND WONDERFUL daughter for sure.
Will you be at WDW the same time??? Maybe we could meet you somewhere.:banana:

I promise to do a TR also and will take Pic :cool1::cool1:. I am so excited to be going. Danielle and I went for a few days over thanksgiving and really had a great time even though it was shorter than we normally do. I am very excited :dance3:

I'm here. Sorry it took me so long... :sad2:

(P.S. The link in your siggy wasn't working for me, I had to find you the old fashioned way, which really is just too much work!)

I totally agree that the Milwaukee airport is lacking in palatable food choices. The D concourse is much much better than the C, but neither are worth writing home about.

At least we have a recombobulation center :laughing:

I just hate the hurry up and wait of travel days, glad you made it through and can enjoy your trip!

Your nephew is ADORABLE!! Too funny about him hugging the wrong guy. Most Dads at Disney, it wouldn't even phase them, of course he's got to find a childless guy to hug :rotfl:

For me, there is nothing better than a ride on the TTA the first night! It's so Disney!

Yay for booking your parents for their anniversary! It is so strange that Disney becomes a low-cost option, but with cheap flights, DVC and Annual passes, it really is! We have run into that often.

Can't wait to read more

Uh oh, I'm gonna have to check that stupid link out then.

You are right. Crappy food choices aside, you're right at least we have that darn recombobulation center. If I ever get discombobulated, at least I know I can be recombobulated at the airport.

Leave it to my nephew to hug the one guy at Disney that's not a dad. :hug::hug::hug:

I figured you'd understand about the low cost option side! You're right, with DVC and annuals, you really can't go wrong.

That anniversary present totally rocks!!! :cool1:

You are the BEST daughter ever!!! :worship:

Thanks! I'm happy that I did it.

You are a wonderful daughter to plans such an awesome anniversary trip for your parents!
It is sure to be a fabulous 40th anniversary celebration for them! What memories they will come away with, too. :cool1:

You are a wonderful daughter to plans such an awesome anniversary trip for your parents!
It is sure to be a fabulous 40th anniversary celebration for them! What memories they will come away with, too. :cool1:

Thanks! I'm sure they will have a great time. I actually can't wait for them to go either. :laughing:

I'm so glad I found your report!!! Your nephew is so cute! Can't wait to hear about more of your trip!!! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter