Shhhh! A Surprise First Trip for our Girls! Feb 2017

I am so excited to read an update from you! We are 13 days out, and still keeping the secret. Boy it sure is hard! (We are planning on telling them at the airport, they think their Grandma and I are going to visit a friend).

I think your plan sounds wonderful, and the scavenger hunt seems like a fun way to get the tip started!

We have the same parks planned on the 26th and 27th...getting SO EXCITED!

It is definitely very hard! There are days I just want to tell them and get it over with. I think I'm more excited about telling them. :rotfl: That's awesome about the same parks. Our schedule might change up a little bit, but I'm not entirely sure quite yet. It's going to depend on the weather and such.

So exciting!!! Take lots of pictures of the scavenger hunt/ reveal! We did that for our second trip. So fun.

Love the shirt too. Very cute.

Thank you very much. I love the shirts and I hope they do also.

I will definitely take lots of pictures and video of the scavenger hunt. I hope it goes as well as I hope it's going to. And not be like some of these reveals I've seen. :rotfl2: I'm so happy to say we are going to Disney World NEXT WEEK! Might be the end of the week, but it's still next week. :bounce:

I don't have kids, but I would find it nearly impossible to keep such a huge secret from such adorable girls who clearly love Disney so much! It sounds like you've done such a great job planning it all out for them. I can't wait to hear about their reactions!

I will definitely take lots of pictures and video of the scavenger hunt. I hope it goes as well as I hope it's going to. And not be like some of these reveals I've seen. :rotfl2: I'm so happy to say we are going to Disney World NEXT WEEK! Might be the end of the week, but it's still next week. :bounce:

We did a scavenger hunt for our big reveal the first time we kept it a secret. Our girls were much younger, and my oldest was just learning how to read. And you know how they read but don't really comprehend what they are reading. Well, that is kind of what happened... But they were excited none the less! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I don't have kids, but I would find it nearly impossible to keep such a huge secret from such adorable girls who clearly love Disney so much! It sounds like you've done such a great job planning it all out for them. I can't wait to hear about their reactions!

Oh it has been so hard so not tell them! Fortunately I have my parents I can talk to a out it and my husband tolerates me talking about it. So they keep me sane and from not telling them. I figure I only have one chance at this for them. So I'm trying to make it count. Plus it helps that I keep reminding myself I don't want them asking every day, multiple times a day, if it's time to go yet. Lol

We did a scavenger hunt for our big reveal the first time we kept it a secret. Our girls were much younger, and my oldest was just learning how to read. And you know how they read but don't really comprehend what they are reading. Well, that is kind of what happened... But they were excited none the less! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Lol. I can see that. Our youngest can't read well yet but our oldest reads very very well. So I know she will get it.

I was able to finally book Be Our Guest! I'm so excited about this! Was able to snag a 1:50 on Saturday the 25th!pixiedust::cheer2::banana::thumbsup2:worship:. Much thanks to the Touring Plans app for finding this reservation for us. Yes it is kind of late for lunch. But we will make it work! I think it will actually work out great for us, since we are driving in that morning. We have to go to World of Sports when we first get there to get our Princess Half bibs and shirts. :lovestruc So by time we do that and hopefully get settled we should be good with a 1:50 lunch. All this being said, since our lunch is so late, we will probably be cancelling WCC for that night, and maybe rescheduling for another night. We haven't fully decided yet.

I also decided to do the whole request a room thing, just to see if we could make it work. I've never requested a section before much less a room. I was able to use Touring Plans to look at the rooms I was interested in. They give a picture of each room from the door view. After much research I decided on the 60's section, Lake View, 4th floor. I decided on these requests because of a few reasons:

::MickeyMoAccording to my research, it is very quite with lake view rooms, more so than normal rooms.
::MickeyMoYou can see Illuminations from this section.
::MickeyMo4th floor, because I don't like people above me. Ya never now who you're gonna get.:rotfl:
::MickeyMoAlso it's a good time limit away from the bus stop and the food court. It's also very close to AoA, so we can utilize AoA's buses in the event that we need to, and not have a much longer walk. :thumbsup2

I requested 2 certain rooms in particular because these are connecting rooms. Touring Plans will fax POP for me 5 days prior, with my room request. Honestly, I'm not expecting to get the rooms. But I sure do hope we get these. To be honest I'll just be happy with connecting rooms. Although I am very excited to hopefully stay in the 60's. I have only ever stayed in 80's or 90's. Never stayed on the opposite side. So I'll be happy with pretty much anything over there, that is connecting.

I also have a lady I work with who is making some appliques for some dresses the girls already have. I picked out the designs today and I am so excited to see them. I will make sure to post pictures of them, but I am already in love with them.

I was able to finally book Be Our Guest! I'm so excited about this! Was able to snag a 1:50 on Saturday the 25th!pixiedust::cheer2::banana::thumbsup2:worship:. Much thanks to the Touring Plans app for finding this reservation for us. Yes it is kind of late for lunch. But we will make it work! I think it will actually work out great for us, since we are driving in that morning. We have to go to World of Sports when we first get there to get our Princess Half bibs and shirts. :lovestruc So by time we do that and hopefully get settled we should be good with a 1:50 lunch. All this being said, since our lunch is so late, we will probably be cancelling WCC for that night, and maybe rescheduling for another night. We haven't fully decided yet.

I also decided to do the whole request a room thing, just to see if we could make it work. I've never requested a section before much less a room. I was able to use Touring Plans to look at the rooms I was interested in. They give a picture of each room from the door view. After much research I decided on the 60's section, Lake View, 4th floor. I decided on these requests because of a few reasons:

::MickeyMoAccording to my research, it is very quite with lake view rooms, more so than normal rooms.
::MickeyMoYou can see Illuminations from this section.
::MickeyMo4th floor, because I don't like people above me. Ya never now who you're gonna get.:rotfl:
::MickeyMoAlso it's a good time limit away from the bus stop and the food court. It's also very close to AoA, so we can utilize AoA's buses in the event that we need to, and not have a much longer walk. :thumbsup2

I requested 2 certain rooms in particular because these are connecting rooms. Touring Plans will fax POP for me 5 days prior, with my room request. Honestly, I'm not expecting to get the rooms. But I sure do hope we get these. To be honest I'll just be happy with connecting rooms. Although I am very excited to hopefully stay in the 60's. I have only ever stayed in 80's or 90's. Never stayed on the opposite side. So I'll be happy with pretty much anything over there, that is connecting.

I also have a lady I work with who is making some appliques for some dresses the girls already have. I picked out the designs today and I am so excited to see them. I will make sure to post pictures of them, but I am already in love with them.

I am using the dining finder to try and find something as well, but having a harder time since I am trying to book for 10 people. I have a back-up plan though, so I'm not too stressed, but happy to hear that it does actually work!

The last time we stayed at POP, we were in floor 4 of the 50's building, and could see the fireworks, so hopefully you get that request! I am excited to use the FAX request this trip. I didn't use it last time we were there, and was given connected rooms, but I am hoping with the fax we have a better chance of getting our preferred area!

It's getting super close! 9 DAYS!!!

I am using the dining finder to try and find something as well, but having a harder time since I am trying to book for 10 people. I have a back-up plan though, so I'm not too stressed, but happy to hear that it does actually work!

The last time we stayed at POP, we were in floor 4 of the 50's building, and could see the fireworks, so hopefully you get that request! I am excited to use the FAX request this trip. I didn't use it last time we were there, and was given connected rooms, but I am hoping with the fax we have a better chance of getting our preferred area!

It's getting super close! 9 DAYS!!!

So close! According to my mom it's 7 days and a wake up (she always counts this way :rotfl2:) Cause we won't actually sleep after we wake up on Friday morning. My dad and myself will drive through the night, so both of us will be up from Friday morning to Saturday evening. :eek: Going on vacation is the only time I do this, and I've gotten pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. So I expect no problems from this trip, after all if I can do that for other trips I wasn't as excited about, I can surely do this. However, running a 13.1 half on Sunday and having to get up at 3:30am is a different story. I will probably look like a zombie in our pics. :confused3 Oh well.

Anyway, yes the dining finder worked great. It took a while, I've had it going for months. I still have it going actually to see if we can get a different time to pop up, maybe. 10 people?! Wow. I thought it was hard for me with 6. I even tried to split everyone up, that was my other plan, but fortunately I got the reservation for 6. Hopefully you will get your alert. :goodvibes

How exciting! Your girls will have the best birthday surprise--there's nothing quite like celebrating your birthday in WDW!! Your shirts and autograph books are SO cute!!:D

How exciting! Your girls will have the best birthday surprise--there's nothing quite like celebrating your birthday in WDW!! Your shirts and autograph books are SO cute!!:D

Thank you so much. I am super excited and ready for them to find out. Can't wait for Friday evening. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments on the shirts and autograph books. :lovestruc I have made some other shirts and as soon as I get done with the last one I'll post pictures of those also. I can't wait for y'all to see them.

I can't believe it! We are at 3 days! Almost under that. I'm so excited. I can't wait! :thumbsup2A few things have happened over the past few days. My parents decided they wanted to leave at 10pm on Friday night instead of midnight. There excuse is because they are traveling with us and we stop more. Yeah while that might be the case, they just want Mickey waffles. :rotfl2:But that's okay i'll take it. That just means we will be there a tad earlier. Which works because we will just take a bus to World of Sports instead of driving. ;) I'd rather do that anyway. I have pretty much packed the girls suitcase. They think they are spending 4 nights at my parents house, so they didn't question when I packed an entire suitcase with far to many clothes for them. They know me all to well.:confused3. I have finished all of their shirts for the trip. I cannot wait for the girls to see all of them.
16930429_10154459797246242_255664258_o_zps3ekjbv13.jpg

16930759_10154459834601242_1950051092_o_zpsjrtfslk1.jpg

16931045_10154459834361242_97831303_o_zpsmzeewidh.jpg

16880031_10154459834306242_1381786603_o_zps04gjikzl.jpg

16901659_10154459799601242_474980098_n_zpsfhskcmtw.jpg

A lady I work with does appliques and offered to applique a dress for the girls. I am in love with the way these turned out! :lovestruc
16930884_10154459797641242_505484115_o_zpsshndov0f.jpg

I also monogrammed our magic bands. I wanted to do more, but honestly I just ran out of time. :(
16880545_10154459834571242_434544747_o_zpshfzl0e1h.jpg

I got the girls princess dresses in the mail the other day! I absolutely love this company. They make beautiful dresses that are comfortable! And the price is great. This is the 2nd time I've ordered from them and they haven't let me down yet. They are kid approved also. Not scratchy areas or underskirts.
16931114_10154459835246242_2049749662_o_zpsgh0ebulg.jpg

Last but no least, I have finished their scavenger hunt. My youngest the other day was set on having a treasure hunt this past weekend. Don't ask me where the idea came from, she seems to have pulled it out of thin air. :tongue: However it gave me an idea to make their reveal a treasure hunt also. So I drew the layout of my parents house and made 10 different maps going to different rooms in the house. Each map is in an envelope and in that envelope is a clue to the next envelope, with ultimately ending with a box hidden in the closet that will hold all of their first trip goodies. We are doing this Friday night before we leave. I cannot wait for this! I think I'm more excited about this. :love:
16931009_10154459797286242_33352241_o_zpsglkmysba.jpg

That's all for right now. I have a feeling my next post will be Friday night. I can't wait!

Last but no least, I have finished their scavenger hunt. My youngest the other day was set on having a treasure hunt this past weekend. Don't ask me where the idea came from, she seems to have pulled it out of thin air. :tongue: However it gave me an idea to make their reveal a treasure hunt also. So I drew the layout of my parents house and made 10 different maps going to different rooms in the house. Each map is in an envelope and in that envelope is a clue to the next envelope, with ultimately ending with a box hidden in the closet that will hold all of their first trip goodies. We are doing this Friday night before we leave. I cannot wait for this! I think I'm more excited about this. :love:
16931009_10154459797286242_33352241_o_zpsglkmysba.jpg

That's all for right now. I have a feeling my next post will be Friday night. I can't wait!

AHHHH! Those clothes are all so adorable!!! I'm particularly jealous of the Belle dress; do you think it might come in my size? :cutie:

I said it before, but I can't WAIT to see their reactions! This is so cool!

AHHHH! Those clothes are all so adorable!!! I'm particularly jealous of the Belle dress; do you think it might come in my size? :cutie:

I said it before, but I can't WAIT to see their reactions! This is so cool!

Lol. I know. I love it also! She did such a great job on it. I can't wait for their reactions either. Come on Friday. It's taking forever.

Those outfits are just completely adorable! And I love the idea of the treasure hunt for the reveal. That'll be so fun!

Thank you so much.

Asking for prayers, if you do that sort of thing. My husband just texted me and said he fell backwards, into a forklift, at work. His back is extremely sore. He is on the way to the company doctor now. I pray he is okay. I can't believe this happened! I'll keep you updated.

Asking for prayers, if you do that sort of thing. My husband just texted me and said he fell backwards, into a forklift, at work. His back is extremely sore. He is on the way to the company doctor now. I pray he is okay. I can't believe this happened! I'll keep you updated.

No! NO! No!!!! I hope he is ok!

And that you guys are able to still go!!!! I will send lots of pixie dust your way.

Prayers being sent your way, please update!

No! NO! No!!!! I hope he is ok!

And that you guys are able to still go!!!! I will send lots of pixie dust your way.

Prayers being sent your way, please update!

Thank you everyone for the prayers. He is okay. He went to his company's doctor and they said he bruised the muscles around his spine. :headache: He is in a great deal of pain, but he is mobile and seems to be okay. :crutches: They gave him some medicine to help with the pain and the inflammation. We are still a go for our trip, thank goodness. :worship: The doctor said he will be in a good amount of pain for the next few days and it will get worse before it gets better. So we will be taking the drive easy and he will be medicated for it. Once we get there, we will play it by ear. If he has to stay in the room for a few days, it's not what I want, but we will make it work. I really just hope he's better by March 2nd, cause I just bought After Hours tickets last night. :rotfl:Oh well. I'm just grateful he's okay and that it wasn't worse.

YEAH!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I hope your husband feels better quickly. He will probably want to avoid some of the rollercoasters. I always worry about my DH, he has back issues. But I am sooooo glad to hear you weren't repeating history!

Life is never dull. That is for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter