She's Going To Show Him The World, a September 2016 PTR

There you are and there he is! It's been a while. Wow, Marshall has really grown since the last time you posted photos. He is just the cutest in his Mickey Ears and looks so happy and I know he's going to be a WDW Trooper.

It looks like I may just get to meet y'all in September. I will be doing my first solo trip and a 3-way split of firsts: CR Tower Club, BC and GF RPC from 9/5 - 9/14. I'm going to post a LIVE TR link when it's up and running and I hope you'll join in the adventure.

You do have more logistical issues this trip than you've had before or in a long time: An infant and friends and family and don't forget about the new Corgi! The queen would approve:snooty:. I think if you just plan on doing laundry and maybe more than once, then you can pack lightly. The van is a great idea for your group and you even worked-in a back-up if something goes wrong, very smart. The trip is coming together and soon you'll get your MBs!

It's a big deal for Allie and Mom and Dad to be in school full-day. My DD also went to a private kindergarten that was only half-day, (but everyday) and it was a big deal moving on to first grade. Allie will love it, but it might be harder for her parents, but just for a while;)

Last edited:
I can't believe your trip is only 38 days away. That is really soon.

First grade is a big deal. Our grandson starts first grade, too. They seem so grown up when they start grade school.

Marshall is adorable. He looks like a happy baby. :)

There you are and there he is! It's been a while. Wow, Marshall has really grown since the last time you posted photos. He is just the cutest in his Mickey Ears and looks so happy and I know he's going to be a WDW Trooper.

It looks like I may just get to meet y'all in September. I will be doing my first solo trip and a 3-way split of firsts: CR Tower Club, BC and GF RPC from 9/5 - 9/14. I'm going to post a LIVE TR link when it's up and running and I hope you'll join in the adventure.

You do have more logistical issues this trip than you've had before or in a long time: An infant and friends and family and don't forget about the new Corgi! The queen would approve:snooty:. I think if you just plan on doing laundry and maybe more than once, then you can pack lightly. The van is a great idea for your group and you even worked-in a back-up if something goes wrong, very smart. The trip is coming together and soon you'll get your MBs!

It's a big deal for Allie and Mom and Dad to be in school full-day. My DD also went to a private kindergarten that was only half-day, (but everyday) and it was a big deal moving on to first grade. Allie will love it, but it might be harder for her parents, but just for a while;)
Your trip of firsts sounds fun. Getting to do exactly what you want will be cool. If you head over to WL we'll be there starting on the 10th.

The logistics of this trip are tougher, and Marshall is younger than Allie was for her first trip. We have good detailed plans thouh, and beyond that we will go with the flow. Everyone going with us will know the ADR schedule and can do whatever they want between the scheduled meals. :)

Our friends have done Disneyland with us before but introducing and re-introducing them to WDW will be fun.

Ratchet the Corgi will miss out on the trip, but will be home with our other two dogs and Melissa's brother, who will house sit for us again.

We'll post how Allie's first day of school goes in a few weeks. I won't make it to work early that day...

I can't believe your trip is only 38 days away. That is really soon.

First grade is a big deal. Our grandson starts first grade, too. They seem so grown up when they start grade school.

Marshall is adorable. He looks like a happy baby. :)
Marshall is the happiest kid, he is just generally super mellow and easy going. He is wearing 2T clothes though, so he will be big to carry during the trip.

Allie is a great big sister and enjoys hanging out with him. I think we will get lots of use out of the double stroller.

We're super excited, is it time to pack yet?

Just a quick update: We got our Magic Bands!

We are so excited, and are at just 22 days, 12 hours until we head to WDW!
Things have been busy here as usual, but were even crazier with the fire this week. It isn't near our house, but Melissa's parents live in Phelan just outside of the evacuation zone. Her Dad hasn't been able to get home because of the road closures, so he has been stuck "down the hill" at work and hasn't been home since Monday night. The 15 is back open now, so tonight should be better.

We also ordered some special magic bands from the Disney Store website, so we still have those to look forward to as well, so there's more to come...

Just a quick update: We got our Magic Bands!

We are so excited, and are at just 22 days, 12 hours until we head to WDW!
Things have been busy here as usual, but were even crazier with the fire this week. It isn't near our house, but Melissa's parents live in Phelan just outside of the evacuation zone. Her Dad hasn't been able to get home because of the road closures, so he has been stuck "down the hill" at work and hasn't been home since Monday night. The 15 is back open now, so tonight should be better.

We also ordered some special magic bands from the Disney Store website, so we still have those to look forward to as well, so there's more to come...

Got mine, too this week, so I know you must feel like your trip is so close! I actually declined one this time since I just have way too many. I "deactivated" many others and only have this trip "activated." So no one got the new purple one? I got purple and pink with WDWKOOK on the inside.

I always think of you guys when I hear about those awful CA fires, and this time your family is impacted. It must be awful for everyone. Are you using your countdown watch?

That would be scary to have the fire so close to your neighborhood. I bet your dad can't wait to get back home again.

I love when MBs arrive. Did you book a package and get the Disney matching luggage tags? We got the luggage tags with our free dining package. It was the first time we had gotten luggage tags in ages. These are really cute.

Got mine, too this week, so I know you must feel like your trip is so close! I actually declined one this time since I just have way too many. I "deactivated" many others and only have this trip "activated." So no one got the new purple one? I got purple and pink with WDWKOOK on the inside.

I always think of you guys when I hear about those awful CA fires, and this time your family is impacted. It must be awful for everyone. Are you using your countdown watch?

That's neat to have so many bands, and with the multiple reservations I can see declining one. We need to find ours from last trip. We have seen them floating around, but couldn't say exactly where they are right now.

We are fortunate to not have too big of an issue with the fires, but it is crazy to have them in an area we know so well. It looks like the weather and the massive response are helping them get control over the closest one now.

I do have my watch set with my WL background, and my countdown says 21 days. That means three weeks from tomorrow morning we are on our way.

That would be scary to have the fire so close to your neighborhood. I bet your dad can't wait to get back home again.

I love when MBs arrive. Did you book a package and get the Disney matching luggage tags? We got the luggage tags with our free dining package. It was the first time we had gotten luggage tags in ages. These are really cute.

Yeah, it was nice for everybody to be able to get home last night.

We didn't notice the luggage tags right away, but they are really cute. I will have to get a picture of them. Grandpa Jim's is especially cute with Pluto and a funny face. Before long we'll start filling suitcases to put them on. Yay!

We didn't notice the luggage tags right away, but they are really cute. I will have to get a picture of them. Grandpa Jim's is especially cute with Pluto and a funny face. Before long we'll start filling suitcases to put them on. Yay!
We had gotten purple, blue, grey and green tags to match MB's for my son, two grandsons and me. One grandson took the blue Donald tag and I got to keep the rest. We were running short of Disney luggage tags and these are really cute. :) The Pluto luggage tag was adorable and my daughter got the yellow MB and tag for her son. He loves Pluto.

So we had a HUGE morning in the Kastle house this morning. Allison started first grade. So future Disney planning may or may not revolve around school break schedules for the next 18 years.

Yeah, it was strange being the parents who met the new teacher and 30 seconds later told her we'd be leaving for Disney World in a couple of weeks.

I figured we'd give her a heads up. Hopefully everything works out well.

Allie was excited for the big day, and didn't shed any tears. I almost didn't either, but it was so darn cute, and it is her first day...

Aww hun you don't have to admit that...

It's ok, I wasn't the only guy there with wet eyes. Must have been dusty.

In Disney trip news we are almost ready to pull out suitcases! I just have to find the bottom of the laundry pile that has invaded our living room.

Speaking of luggage, I took a picture of the tags that came with our Magic Bands. They are pretty cute.

probably the best ones yet.

We also got our Disney Store order in with our fancy Magic Bands. We decided on one cool printed band for Me, Melissa, and Allison, and a Belle one for Grandma Nancy.

I couldn't resist the super cute Stitch and Allie is all into the villians right now (where did my sweet little girl go?)

I went with Figment because he was my favorite character from my first WDW trip when I was 6, and it is a on a green band which is my favorite. (And this makes my 4th green Magic Band!)

So that's about it for now, we'll be in single digits soon!

We're at 11 days, 12 hours right now, but who's counting!

Allie looks very cute for her first day of school. First grade is big time stuff, too. ;)

Your fancy MB's are cute. :) Your trip is really close now. After waiting for two years you must be really excited. :)

Allie looks very cute for her first day of school. First grade is big time stuff, too. ;)

Your fancy MB's are cute. :) Your trip is really close now. After waiting for two years you must be really excited. :)
Thanks. Allie had a fun first day of school.

We couldn't get fancy MBs for our last trip since they didn't exist yet. Actually they had just come out with Frozen ones and they were super expensive and hard to find.

We are super excited to be going back to WDW. It has been two years since we have been, and three since we stayed at WL so we are really looking forward to that. Sharing it with Marshall will be neat too since he hasn't even been in the parks at Disneyland yet. It will be great, and soon.

New shoes, new backpack, fresh smile can only mean one thing, first day of school! YAY!! Did she get new glasses, too? Ironically, my DD had her first day of college classes the same day. They must be 10 years apart? Mine is 17.

Love those luggage tags. I have a room-only and not a package, so I didn't get one. Your MBs are lots of fun, too. Just curious, do they say on the back how long they're good for? I thought I read somewhere once that the batteries are good for about 4-5 years? Unfortunately, you don't know when the battery is dead until it's too late.

New shoes, new backpack, fresh smile can only mean one thing, first day of school! YAY!! Did she get new glasses, too? Ironically, my DD had her first day of college classes the same day. They must be 10 years apart? Mine is 17.

Love those luggage tags. I have a room-only and not a package, so I didn't get one. Your MBs are lots of fun, too. Just curious, do they say on the back how long they're good for? I thought I read somewhere once that the batteries are good for about 4-5 years? Unfortunately, you don't know when the battery is dead until it's too late.
That's neat, the first day of school is special, and college is a big one. I bet she had fun.

The MBs don't have a date on them or anything, so I guess you just have to hope they work for a while. I wish there was a way of testing them ahead of time, but oh well, I imagine we'll always have spares.

You've got to be excited about your trip since you get there before us. It'd be great to meet up sometime. I'll e-mail you our planned schedule so perhaps we can say hello. We arrive in Orlando at about 4:30 on the 10th, which is the earliest we ever have. We should have a nice evening at WL with dinner at Roaring Fork.

We are officially in the single digits!

And we only have 7 more work days. We are going to make the most of the three day Labor Day weekend by packing, cleaning the house, and getting ready to go because it is the last weekend before we head out. We can't wait!

And we only have 7 more work days. We are going to make the most of the three day Labor Day weekend by packing, cleaning the house, and getting ready to go because it is the last weekend before we head out. We can't wait!

:dancer: I'll do the single digit dance for you. :)

We had the Memorial weekend to pack for our June trip. It was really nice to have the extra time. :)

That's neat, the first day of school is special, and college is a big one. I bet she had fun.

The MBs don't have a date on them or anything, so I guess you just have to hope they work for a while. I wish there was a way of testing them ahead of time, but oh well, I imagine we'll always have spares.

You've got to be excited about your trip since you get there before us. It'd be great to meet up sometime. I'll e-mail you our planned schedule so perhaps we can say hello. We arrive in Orlando at about 4:30 on the 10th, which is the earliest we ever have. We should have a nice evening at WL with dinner at Roaring Fork.

Since I'm solo, my plans are much more flexible. On your first full day, I'll be close-by at GF RPC so just PM me and we'll work something out:)

We are officially in the single digits!

YAY the watch countdown is back! Good to have all that done on a 3-day weekend, but then the dogs will know well in advance:scratchin

We are getting super close now. We have been doing some packing over the weekend.

I haven't had time to sew any new dresses for this trip, but we did discover that some of her older ones still fit.

One of the impressive things about sewing her own clothes is how adaptable they are. What once was a longer dress now is a cute shirt. Here's a few pictures:

2012:
saturday_hddr_dress.jpg

2016:

2012:
saturday_potato_bed.jpg

2016:

There's also her Ariel dress that we can't find in a prior trip report, but it is from the same pattern as the Merida dress:

Finally she has a couple of t-shirt dresses that still work, one is her Jungle Book Dress from 2014, and another is her Big Hero Six Baymax dress that Melissa made right after our last trip:

and

We'll post pics of these as she wears them during the trip...

We are getting super excited for the trip. This morning in bed I was going through our old trip reports and brought up our last trip video. We watched it twice this morning, and it reminds us that we need to be sure to take some short video clips of the trip this year.

It is a neat way to relive the past trips and remind us what fun we had. We really can't wait!

Allie looks excited to find out that the dresses fit. She looks adorable in them. :)

I can't wait until your trip and your many pictures. The lodge pictures always make me want to go back there. :)

There must be a lot of extra planning and packing for Marshall. Babies always have lots of "stuff" to bring on a trip.

Allie looks excited to find out that the dresses fit. She looks adorable in them. :)

I can't wait until your trip and your many pictures. The lodge pictures always make me want to go back there. :)

There must be a lot of extra planning and packing for Marshall. Babies always have lots of "stuff" to bring on a trip.

Thanks, Allie was excited, but probably not as excited as mom was. We have some new Disney shirts to wear also, so it will be fun.

We are looking forward to getting nice lodge pictures. We should get a new room location for us, since our only room in the North wing was Courtyard View. I sure can't wait to find out the room numbers.

We have a lot of stuff for Marshall. We do cloth diapers for him at home, but decided against it for Disney. We have a case of Diapers in our Garden Grocer order, and half a suitcase of baby food and supplies. We should be packed soon.

We should get a new room location for us, since our only room in the North wing was Courtyard View. I sure can't wait to find out the room numbers.
I was always anxious to see what room we got, too. If you booked standard view then you might have a fireworks view. That would be really nice. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter