She's a Princess, a Superhero, and a Rock Star -a Sept 2013 TR (Completed 2/24)

Seeing Allie all cute after BBB makes me want a girl and want to take her to BBB. I was always slightly judgmental about it but she looks SOOO happy!!!!!!!!!!

I went and talked to a very nice CM at the front desk and mentioned the trouble we had been having with the cards since upgrading to the pass. She apologized and reprogrammed our existing keys for the room, which worked to let us in.
That must have been pretty annoying after such a long day. Have you ever had that happen before?

Allie was zonked from our busy day before and she didnt even notice that the Fairy Godmother had visited her overnight. She wasn't too hard to motivate out of bed once she realized she had an appointment at the Bippity Boppity Boutique
I love the way you surprised her. She must have been very excited. :)

I woke up first and headed down for a mug refill. I stopped and took a picture of the beautiful WL lobby, as I did many times on the way to or from the room.
I love that lobby view. It is a lot nicer view than the north wing hallways have.

On the way in we stopped for a pre makeover picture on Main Street:
What a good idea to take a before shot. Allie looks like she hasn't fully woken up yet. ;)

Finally she was all done, and was very excited to be crowned "Princess Allison"
She looks lovely and you can tell that she is very happy about her makeover and her dress. Does she ever talk about that day now that she is home?

So we headed into Gaston's tavern and decided to share a Le Fou's brew. It was pretty tasty and Allie REALLY liked it. I didn't like it enough to order one on my own but it was nice to share.
I had a couple extra snack credits to use on our last night, so I tried this drink. I thought it was pretty good but my husband didn't like it all. I don't think Gaston would have liked it either. :rotfl:

After the ride, it was time to head for another leftover thing that we wanted to do last year but never made it to. We wanted lunch from Pecos Bill's
The burger wasn't bad, but I guess I had it worked up to be more in my head because I was a little disappointed. There was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't the best Disney park burger I've had. I did enjoy the fries and cake though, and it was nice to have a cool place to sit. That restaurant seating area is huge, but we were able to get a table inside in one of the back corners.
We had a very disappointing lunch at Pecos Bills in February. I think they used to be better. The best hamburger of our trip, surprisingly enough, was at the ABC Commissary. Maybe this year we will get a chance to try the burger at Roaring Forks. I've heard that it is good. ;)

I really enjoyed my sandwich and Allie made friends with the table next to us. She informed them that she was a princess and had been to BBB earlier in the day.
did she really think she was a princess that day? How cute is that.

After lunch we were on to more adventures, but we'll cover those in the next update...

Great trip update. It looks like the BBB was a big hit. :goodvibes

So frustrating that you had so many issues with the RFID cards. If I was a little younger, I would probably plank out in the hallway like Allie.

I love the dress you made her. It is simple, yet stunning. The fabric does look comfortable. Allie looked very cute all dolled up. I love the button that looks typed saying Princess Allie. Did she get that at BBB? I only have boys, so we have never been there. We have had the buttons filled in with the marker. The marker always fades and never looks anywhere near as nice as that button Allie has.

I love the picture on the carousel. It looks professional. What type of camera are you using?

Le Fleu brew sounds interesting. What is in it (lemonade)?

I think the queue for LM looks way better at WDW. For that reason alone, I want to ride it. In California, I will not even ride it unless the wait is under 10 minutes, which is 90% of the time. Considering the ride is the same, it must be the queue driving the Floridian visitors in.

I love how you progressed from wiped-out Allie to glamed-out Princess Allison. That shot at BBB would make a great Christmas card. I'm glad I don't have to choose the photo - too many great ones to choose from!

The shot Melissa took from behind where Allie is waving, is she waving to Gaston? I like that shot of her just walking by, but acknowledging what she's passing up for shorter lines, umm, greener pastures.

Seeing Allie all cute after BBB makes me want a girl and want to take her to BBB. I was always slightly judgmental about it but she looks SOOO happy!!!!!!!!!!
It is funny, as a guy I totally didn't get BBB before the trip and thought it was just an overpriced hairstyling. Melissa thought Allie would enjoy it, so I went along with it. It turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the trip. It was so special for her, and she knew it was a big deal and something she really wanted to do. The whole surprising her with it as a gift from the fairy godmothers worked out great, and was just too cute. Looking back, BBB seems very similar to the trip in general, it was probably a little expensive but totally worth it because we got to watch Allie play in a fantasy land that she'll only appreciate for a little while.
That must have been pretty annoying after such a long day. Have you ever had that happen before?
No, we never had any RFID card issues before and we still think it occurred at the time of the pass upgrade, but it was just a fluke thing. Soon they would get it all sorted out...
I love the way you surprised her. She must have been very excited. :)
It is amazing that she decided she REALLY wanted to do BBB all on her own. That made the whole thing work, because otherwise she might have been too scared to enjoy it. As it was, she had a ball
I love that lobby view. It is a lot nicer view than the north wing hallways have.
That view is our favorite part of our room location for this trip and last. We actually prefer the location to the courtyard view room we had for our first trip just because of it.
What a good idea to take a before shot. Allie looks like she hasn't fully woken up yet. ;)
Yeah, that's our girl in the morning. If left to herself she would probably stay up till midnight and not get up until after 10 AM. She's ready to be a teenager.
She looks lovely and you can tell that she is very happy about her makeover and her dress. Does she ever talk about that day now that she is home?
Yes she does, and she'll say "I got to go to Bibidy Bobidy Boo Teek!" which is usually followed by "I want to do that again..."
I had a couple extra snack credits to use on our last night, so I tried this drink. I thought it was pretty good but my husband didn't like it all. I don't think Gaston would have liked it either. :rotfl:
It was better than I expected, but worked out great to share because I don't think any of us would have wanted a whole one. Allie probably liked it the best, and had almost half of it.
We had a very disappointing lunch at Pecos Bills in February. I think they used to be better. The best hamburger of our trip, surprisingly enough, was at the ABC Commissary. Maybe this year we will get a chance to try the burger at Roaring Forks. I've heard that it is good. ;)
I very much enjoy the RF burger. It is similar to the other QS places, but every one I have had was just a little better than other QS burgers. It is my favorite burger place at WDW, and that's coming from a guy who could probably live on cheeseburgers alone.
did she really think she was a princess that day? How cute is that.
She will also tell other kids (and adults) that she's a rockstar and a superhero, and she does so in a very matter of fact tone. It is pretty cute.
Great trip update. It looks like the BBB was a big hit. :goodvibes
It really was, definitely one of the surprise highlights of the trip for all of us.
So glad Allie enjoyed BBB! princess: Love the carousel picture!!
Ahh, thanks. We both love that picture too.
So frustrating that you had so many issues with the RFID cards. If I was a little younger, I would probably plank out in the hallway like Allie. I love the dress you made her. It is simple, yet stunning. The fabric does look comfortable. Allie looked very cute all dolled up. I love the button that looks typed saying Princess Allie. Did she get that at BBB? I only have boys, so we have never been there. We have had the buttons filled in with the marker. The marker always fades and never looks anywhere near as nice as that button Allie has.
Yes, the button with the printed label was part of the BBB package, and really was nice. We kept it and the sash, and you'll see she wore both later in the day even after changing from the Cinderella dress.
I love the picture on the carousel. It looks professional. What type of camera are you using?
Thank you. We have a Canon 6D that we bought just before the trip. It is a very nice full frame DSLR, and Melissa has gotten more into photography over time so she was ready to upgrade to a nicer SLR. We absolutely love it, and it was totally worth carrying it at WDW.
Le Fleu brew sounds interesting. What is in it (lemonade)?
It is kind of like a frozen slushy made from Apple juice. A lemon version might actually be better, since I am not a huge apple juice fan.
I think the queue for LM looks way better at WDW. For that reason alone, I want to ride it. In California, I will not even ride it unless the wait is under 10 minutes, which is 90% of the time. Considering the ride is the same, it must be the queue driving the Floridian visitors in.
Yeah, after the quick walk in it is the exact same ride, even with the version 2 of Ariel's hair that they changed to at CA Adventure. It is one of Allie's favorites, so we ride it A LOT at home. We remember the super long lines when it first opened in CA too, and expect that the lines will calm down at WDW before too long.
I love how you progressed from wiped-out Allie to glamed-out Princess Allison. That shot at BBB would make a great Christmas card. I'm glad I don't have to choose the photo - too many great ones to choose from! The shot Melissa took from behind where Allie is waving, is she waving to Gaston? I like that shot of her just walking by, but acknowledging what she's passing up for shorter lines, umm, greener pastures.
Aww thanks. There are a lot of BBB ones we didn't post either. They are very cute, and all part of the fun. I bet the carousel pic winds up on the Christmas cards though. :) I am not sure which character she was walking by at that point. We had asked her if she wanted to meet them, but she said no and just waved as we walked by. We all wanted to finally get in and see what New Fantasyland looked like.

The picture of Allie looking at herself in the mirror is just so precious! She looked beautiful!

So jealous of your Ursula pic - I haven't quite gotten the hang of dark ride photos yet! It's my goal before our February!

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

Allie is precious! looks like a fun day so far..:goodvibes

Thanks! Any day at Disney is a wonderful day, and we still have lots to go. :cool1:

The picture of Allie looking at herself in the mirror is just so precious! She looked beautiful!

So jealous of your Ursula pic - I haven't quite gotten the hang of dark ride photos yet! It's my goal before our February!

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

After lunch it was heating up outside, and Allie decided she wanted to go back to the hotel. We had no objection to this, so we worked our way back to the front gates.

We walked through this area in front of Crystal Palace, which impresses us because it just doesn't exist at Disneyland. The circle we're used to starts right at the end of Main street, with no bridge or water feature, so we took a picture of the WDW version.

We left the park and hopped on one of the larger ferry boats to WL. We basically walked right on it, since we had some great timing this trip.

Allie laid down in her stroller on the way out of the MK and got her tiara caught. It was slightly traumatic for her so she wouldn't put it back on so she made Mommy wear it on the boat.

We got back to the hotel and chilled out in the room for a bit. Allie watched the Mickey Mouse cartoons they play on the Duffy channel. Those were her favorite things to watch during the trip. Allie changed her dress into something more comfortable but she still wanted to wear her sash and birthday button.

While they were in the room, I went down to the front desk to see about the key issues. At first the nice lady said that that happens sometimes and I would need to have CMs slide the cards, but I got a little more insistent that she look into it and she politely agreed. It turned out that when she tapped our card, she couldn't pull up any information either. She showed her manager, who immediately apologized and had her re-issue new room cards for all of us. Then to make sure, she had me go over to the mercantile and purchase an item using tap to pay and bring it back to her to make sure the system was finally working like it should. I bought a keychain, and it finally worked flawlessly. The CM and manager were glad to hear about my success, and said to be sure to stop back by if I had any trouble, and they would make it right. Fortunately the cards worked great the rest of the trip.

After the costume change Allie and Melissa were ready to go again, so we headed back down from the room. We stopped and watched the geyser at WL.

It is one of the features that makes WL very unique.

We had dinner reservations at the Poly but had some time to kill so we decided to go check out the Contemporary. We hopped on a boat and headed over. The clouds were building but the sun was still shining for now.

We got on the elevator to go up to where the gift shops and Chef Mickeys are but we couldn't remember what floor it was so we stopped on 3. We guessed wrong so we got back in and headed up one more floor.

Ahh, this is better:

we cruised around the Fantasia gift shop and Allie was super talkative with the CM at the counter. Apparently Goofy had left Allison a message for her birthday so the CM made sure that Allie got to listen to it. She also loaded Allie up with stickers. Allie REALLY got into the stickers this year which was a nice change from the beginning of last year when she would cry whenever a CM tried to give her one.

We got to spend quite a bit of time checking out all three shops on the 4th floor of the Contemporary. We like shopping at Disney, and the CR has some of the best resort shops. Watching the monorails come and go is fun too. We also went outside and hung out on the deck just below where the monorails come over.

While we were occupied watching and taking pictures Allie occupied herself with stickers.

We still had a little while until dinner, and wanted a bit of a treat so we stopped by the Contempo Cafe for a cupcake.

They didnt have a huge selection but Allie was all about this one with sprinkles and it was quite tasty.

We probably should have known better than to have dessert first when we were going to Ohana, but it was just one cupcake and we all shared it. After the cupcake, we hopped on the monorail to head over to the Poly to look around.

Here I am giving Paul the "I'm keeping my eye on you" look. Probably because he had my camera.

We took our picture with the surf board, and then the very nice DVC CM took a picture for us. He also gave Allie a whole bunch of stickers. She wasn't as interested in the stickers so much as the paper which she was certain was a magic wand.

We do like visiting the Poly, and this was the first of many trips we would make there this trip. We had two ADRs scheduled there, and would stop by many times. We don't think we would choose to stay at the Poly with its spread out buildings and comparatively high cost, but we do appreciate it.

One of the cool things about it is the large gift shop, which we chose to check out before dinner.

In there we had another trip defining moment when Allie met and made friends with Shelly, a CM working at the gift shop who recognized Allie as a princess and was excited to meet her. As they played, Shelly was even willing to let Allie play by turning her into a princess using her paper magic wand (from the stickers the DVC guy gave her).

Shelly was so patient with Allie and they both had fun. We had to say goodbye to Shelly though and head off to our dinner reservation.

We went upstairs and were seated very quickly at Ohana. This is one meal we had read all about on the DIS boards and were really looking forward to. (So much so that we almost arrived 24 hours early when we were headed this direction the night before).

The great food started coming right away, and I loved everything I tried. My favorites were the noodles and the chicken, which was probably the most well marinated I have ever tasted.

My favorite was the noodle and the veggies. The dumplings were super delicious too. The highlight was definitely the desert.

The bread pudding was as good as everybody says, or even better, and I am not a big bread pudding fan. It really was yummy, but by that point I was sooo full. Allie also got to do the hula lessons, which she enjoyed.

When she got back to the table, the waiter brought her a birthday treat, which she enjoyed as well by licking all of the frosting off of it.

Our waiter brought extra leis for Allie and she got so excited because she now had an extra to give to her new friend Shelly. Our tap to pay finally worked the way it should. We headed back downstairs after dinner so that Allie could give Shelly a lei. They played together for a bit and Shelly told us she wouldn't be working the next couple of days but she would be in the gift shop upstairs in a couple of days. We promised to come back and visit and headed to the MK for the electrical parade.

We hopped on the monorail and rode to the Magic Kingdom. We arrived about half an hour before the Main Street Electrical Parade, which Allie loved last year. Both Melissa and I remember it from Disneyland when we were little, so it is fun to watch. This time, we found a nice spot to watch it just inside the park in front of the Barber Shop.

It was a great spot to watch the parade and we had a huge area that we shared with one other family. They had a little boy who Allie had fun playing with while we waited for the parade to start.

We all enjoyed the parade, and when it was over we headed back out of the park and on to a boat for WL.

We got back to the room and got ready for bed. Allie insisted on wearing her crown as she went to bed, and we tucked her in with Beast so she could rest up for the next morning when we were planning on making it to morning Extra Magic hours at Animal Kingdom.

Continued in next post.

Allie looks really hot in her princess dress on the large boat back to WL. No wonder she wanted to go back and change. :) But it was a beautiful dress.

We had a very nice dinner at Ohana, too. The kids had fun doing the coconut races and learning the hula. And the food was good, too. It is probably a once in a lifetime thing for me, though.

I agree with you about staying at the Polynesian. I was there for marathon weekend one cold and rainy January and walking from the GHC to Tahitii, the furthest longhouse, in the cold rain with a hot cup of coffee wasn't any fun at all. :(

I love the picture of Allie at bedtime with her crown still on. I bet she fell asleep really soon that night. :wizard:

Great idea to park hop TO epcot lol! I can imagine the crowds are much better midday, I’m usually one of those people who’s leaving after lunch, just not enough to do!!

Yay Boma!! I LOVE that place especially for dinner, AKL is just way too pretty and awesome to not go to on a trip, but CRAPPY deal that the trip back to WL took forever!!

Ahahaha, that is one tired kiddo!!

Gorgeous lobby shot!!

Ah the BBB looks like it was a hit, love the shot on the carousel afterwards, perfect princess!!
What a great experience with Shelly at the Poly!! So glad that happened! And yay for stickers!! Ohana is super delicious! I’ve only eaten there once, but definitely plan on going back!!

Adorable photo with the crown in bed! Hey, princesses gotta be princesses, right?!

What a great, big update! I love Allie's pose on the monorail listening intently to Mom. Did Allie run down the ramp to RF? How many kids have we seen do that - it's so tempting. That little boy at the DEP will be forever smitten with your Princess Allie! What a lovely birthday celebration, complete with a MM Happy Birthday cupcake - yum!

Allie looks really hot in her princess dress on the large boat back to WL. No wonder she wanted to go back and change. :) But it was a beautiful dress.

We had a very nice dinner at Ohana, too. The kids had fun doing the coconut races and learning the hula. And the food was good, too. It is probably a once in a lifetime thing for me, though.

I agree with you about staying at the Polynesian. I was there for marathon weekend one cold and rainy January and walking from the GHC to Tahitii, the furthest longhouse, in the cold rain with a hot cup of coffee wasn't any fun at all. :(

I love the picture of Allie at bedtime with her crown still on. I bet she fell asleep really soon that night. :wizard:

Yeah, it was pretty warm, but Allie didn't want to change from her dress until we convinced her back in the room, and that required leaving the sash and button on.
We will likely repeat Dinner at Ohana sometime, since we preferred it to breakfast there.
We just really love WL, but can appreciate Poly and lots of other WDW resorts.

Allied was super tired, so we knew getting up early woud be a challenge.

Great idea to park hop TO epcot lol! I can imagine the crowds are much better midday, I’m usually one of those people who’s leaving after lunch, just not enough to do!!

Yay Boma!! I LOVE that place especially for dinner, AKL is just way too pretty and awesome to not go to on a trip, but CRAPPY deal that the trip back to WL took forever!!

Ahahaha, that is one tired kiddo!!

Gorgeous lobby shot!!

Ah the BBB looks like it was a hit, love the shot on the carousel afterwards, perfect princess!!
What a great experience with Shelly at the Poly!! So glad that happened! And yay for stickers!! Ohana is super delicious! I’ve only eaten there once, but definitely plan on going back!!

Adorable photo with the crown in bed! Hey, princesses gotta be princesses, right?!

We're glad you are following along and enjoying it. Shelly wound up being a great part of the trip, and the reason for more Poly visits. Yes, Allie will tell you she just has to be a princess...

What a great, big update! I love Allie's pose on the monorail listening intently to Mom. Did Allie run down the ramp to RF? How many kids have we seen do that - it's so tempting. That little boy at the DEP will be forever smitten with your Princess Allie! What a lovely birthday celebration, complete with a MM Happy Birthday cupcake - yum!

Allie wanted to run down the ramp last year, so we convinced her she had to stop and wait at the carpeted flat sections. It still worked well this year, she would still run, but would stop and wait.
The boy was super cute, and was very much a boy, jumping off of the planter and stairs.
I think Allie had more birthday celebrations than anyone, since we had it noted on all of our ADRs, and we're back home before the actual day. You can't have too much birthday cake, right?

Melissa and I both woke up before the alarm we had set for 7:30, so we got up and ready while Allie slept. Melissa went out with the camera to take some shots of WL, which turned out neat.

It was nice to cruise around the lodge that early when everything was quiet. I'm generally not a morning person but I was so excited for our AK day.

By 7:30 it was time to roust the sleepy one, which wasn't as hard as we expected. She was happy to still have her "Princess Hair" so we threw on her Animal Kingdom dress and were ready to go.

We got the stroller packed up and headed down to the bus stop. This picture shows Allie's typical morning enthusiasm:

The bus ride wasn't too bad, and within half an hour we were at AK.

The CM at the entrance to the park gave me a hard time about using my finger print for Allies AP and said we should go to guest relations and get it fixed because childeren don't need a fingerscan. I had gotten trouble from CM's previous to this but this one was particularly pushy about it. I said I'd visit guest relations on my way out and get it figured out so they let us in the park.
Our first stop was Kilamanjaro Safaris. Here comes the safari picture overload.... I know everyone takes a ton of pictures on this ride but how can you not?

After our safari tour we decided to walk the Pangani Trail. This is seriously one of my favorite places at WDW

We were lucky enough to get to see the Okapi's out today (they are my fave zoo animal)

The trail is fun, and one of the things Allie remembered from last year. She really liked watching the Gorillas, especially the playful younger one. This morning they weren't very active, but we were able to see them sleeping. I enjoy this trail too, especially how they put you into the bird enclosure by passing through a room. Melissa also got a cool shot of a Hippo this time that I just couldn't get with my phone or the point and shoot:

He was just chillin taking a nap with his fishy friends

We then checked out the meerkats, and saw another strange creature as well:

Allie kicked Yeti out of the stroller but he was still smiling, I think he was just happy to be back in his native environment.

After we completed the trail we decided to head over to Rafiki's.

We really didn't get to explore this area enough last trip so it was a must do this time. I don't know what it is about trains but it makes my kid smile real big.

Allie loved the wooden animals and the trees inside the building and she kept wanting to play hide and seek

We convinced her to head outside and meet some new goat friends.

For those who haven't seen our PTR, Allie loves visiting the Goats at Disneyland. She knows their names, and has a favorite (Stitch). We wanted to make sure we had enough time for them this year, because last year were rushed at Rafiki's because we went a half hour before our lunch reservation at Tusker House.

This year we had plenty of time, so once we were all done at Rafiki's we still had enough time to catch FOTLK before lunch.

That was a great show. Allie really liked the "ballerina birds" but my favorite were the tumble monkeys.

After the show we had time for a little shopping on our way to lunch...

Continued in next update...

I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing pictures of the WL. I love the early morning pictures. That totem pole shot is very cool.

Allie looks so nice in her AK dress with her princess hair and coordinating hair ribbon. When you said that you threw her dress on, you meant it. No buttons or zippers to worry about. :)

I love the giraffe picture. We had one who was walking toward our vehicle, probably because I was calling it over, and the bus driver hit the gas and drove away before the giraffe got there. I never thought that the giraffe would actually come when I called it. :eek:

I'm not sure who is happier, Allie brushing the goat or the goat that is getting brushed. That is cute.

I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing pictures of the WL. I love the early morning pictures. That totem pole shot is very cool. Allie looks so nice in her AK dress with her princess hair and coordinating hair ribbon. When you said that you threw her dress on, you meant it. No buttons or zippers to worry about. :) I love the giraffe picture. We had one who was walking toward our vehicle, probably because I was calling it over, and the bus driver hit the gas and drove away before the giraffe got there. I never thought that the giraffe would actually come when I called it. :eek: I'm not sure who is happier, Allie brushing the goat or the goat that is getting brushed. That is cute.

Yes, we can't get enough WL pictures, whether we are taking them or looking at them. It is great fun to go out when it is really quiet and take some shots.

The AK dress was intentionally easy because we knew it would be a hard morning. It went very well though.

The safari ride is just great, and another one that just makes you take pictures. That is cool that the giraffe came to you. On our honeymoon we took a tour and got to go see the giraffe barns, which were like horse barns just really tall.

Allie likes her goats. It is neat that there are some animals you can pet at AK, she wanted to do that.

We got a little ahead of ourselves and forgot to add that we enjoyed a White Elephant cupcake before heading over to FOTLK

It was super duper delicious and Allie really enjoyed the white chocolate elephant lollypop

can you tell?

After the show, which we all enjoyed, we got to explore the shops along the main walkway. We usually like to shop in the parks, and just never got to do it in AK last year.

We made our way over to Yak and Yeti. I was super excited about this ADR as I had heard great things about the menu.

We put in our name and had just long enough to do a penny press and take pictures when our name was called.

Next came the hard part, deciding what to choose from the menu. I had been looking forward to Asian food, and thought really hard about getting marinated chicken of some sort, but I was drawn to the ribs. The concept of Asian baby back ribs sounded interesting, so I had to give them a try.

Once the ribs arrived, I fell in love. The flavor was so unique and they were just excellent.

I got the steak and shrimp, while it was delicious next time I'll be getting the ribs too.

It was time to order dessert. Allie got the chocolate pudding and the waitress asked if she liked marshmallows because they put them on the pudding. We said yes she loves them then ordered Fried Wontons and took the waitresses suggestion of a Mango Pie.

When the deserts came Allie's pudding was overflowing with marshmallows.

Allie LOVES marshmallows, and she ate each one of them.

The Mango pie was delicious! I really loved it more than the wontons.

And the wontons were great too. Overall I really loved this meal, and we definitely will be back. After lunch we went upstairs to take pictures, since they weren't using the area for seating. Allie used her camera and got into it.

We then took photographer Allie to find Tigers. Appearantly she was impressed.

We could tell that she was getting tired, because she refused to sit still for long enough to fall asleep.

We walked around up to Dinoland and it was HOT outside.

We convinced Allie to hang out in the stroller in the shade and just as we went into one of the shops in Dinoland to cool off she fell asleep. I was glad because she was definately in need of a nap this day

We explored and shopped a bit more before heading out of the park. On the way out, we stopped for a Photo Pass pic of the two of us.

Meanwhile the princess slept.

We got on the bus with her still asleep, and were able to transfer her to and from the stroller without waking her up. I guess she really did need the nap.

We arrived back home to WL by 4:30 and headed up to the room to relax and cool off. I got us some mug refills from Roaring Fork to enjoy as well.

Paul had been talking to Jarrod and Chris and we decided to meet up in the WL lobby . Allie was still asleep so we just wheeled her down in the stroller.

We only knew them from conversations on the WL FAQ thread, but knew that they had been there about the same time last year, and this year our visits overlapped, so we decided to meet up.

We ended up chatting for a long while and Allie even woke up and made friends.

In the course of her conversation with them, she explained that she was a princess, a superhero AND a rockstar. We all found this very amusing, and we had a great time.
After hanging out for over an hour, we all were hungry so we decided to go to Downtown Disney for dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Express.

We got to do something completely new for us by taking a car to DTD. Jarrod and Chris had a rental car, and we had Allie's carseat from the plane, so we all rode over there together. It was fun to see WDW by car, since we normally rely entirely on Disney transportation to get around.

Dinner was delicious although not as yummy as I remember it being last year.

I had been waiting a year for another meatloaf sandwich, and I really enjoyed it (although somehow not quite as much as I remembered). It was a good sandwich, but just not quite the perfection I had remembered. It is a great use of a QS meal credit though, and I am sure we'll be back.

After dinner Allie HAD to ride the little carousel so we did that.

Melissa got this picture of someone who must have spent a little too long at DTD:

We all went in Once Upon a Toy and Allie picked out a book about the princesses weddings. This kept her busy while we wandered around World of Disney a little but we didn't buy anything there. We were all getting tired so we decided to call it a night.

We hopped in the car and made the quick trip back to WL. It was a lot quicker than taking the bus, and Jarrod went a different way than we had come so we could see some more of the roads around WDW. We got back to WL right at 10 PM, which meant that we caught Wishes from the parking lot, which Allie enjoyed:
IMG_2874_zps915bccaa.jpg

Then we said good night to Chris and Jarrod and headed up to our room to give Allie a bath (to finally wash out the Princess hair) and rest up for another day of fun.

Continued in next update.

What a great morning to be on the DIS looking at your AK and early morning WL photos. Thank you! The guy who spent too long at DTD looks familiar, he must have run out of money along the way. Does that scare Allie? I recall not liking skeletons.

I can't get enough of looking at those clever Disney cupcakes. That's one big solid piece of elephant and just think how much fun it must be to be the creative mind behind those cupcakes. Do they need cupcake beta 'tasters?'

A wait as long as a penny press sounds just about perfect. We always seem (with an ADR) to have a longish wait at Y&Y and it can become rather chaotic in the small lobby. Did you eat upstairs? I like looking down at the passersby. Did you try the crispy green bean app? Quite tasty with extra chili sauce...

Having hardly any wait, seeing empty tables and not seeing many people in the background of your photos, reminds of what a great time of the year you're able to go and has me EXTRA worried about our Christmas visit. The contrast will be stark :sad:. Go in September as long as you can, which means Melissa may need to homeschool:teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter