Sheraton Vistana Villages - Your reviews, tips & ratings

Hey All! I'm so glad I found this board. Yesterday I booked at 4 night/5 day stay for my family at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort for September 2014.:cool1:

Starwood emailed me a great deal that I couldn't pass up: for the price of one night at a Disney Deluxe resort, I have 4 nights at SVV with a kitchenette, bedroom, washer/dryer, etc. We were planning on going in September, so it was a no-brainer!

We usually stay on Disney property, but 2 years ago I was very dismayed about the large, noisy crowds (in lobby & restaurants) in the evenings at the Polynesian Resort. Even the breakfasts were crowded and noisy . I felt like we needed more peace and relaxation at the resort we're staying at, especially after a day of commando-Disney.

Anyway, this is a very helpful board, so thank you!

^^Melissa! We just booked our trip for September, also! :cool1:

Wait, was that weird? I swear I'm not a stalker or anything...just super excited.:rotfl2:

Anyway, we are annual Disney visitors and we always stay on-site; however, this year, we decided to cut costs considerably by doing a villa off-site with SPG points rather than pay through the nose again for a Deluxe Villa on Disney property. (And, to our complete shock, paying cash turned out to be a heckuva better deal than using points!)

This thread has been so super helpful and it's put my mind at ease about staying offsite, especially knowing that the distance isn't too far and it's fairly central to Sea World and Universal.

Now, what I'd really like to know is how some of you were able to request rooms. We booked our 2 brm suite through Starwood, so should I call the hotel directly and request this now? And what rooms do you recommend for a fun view of that adorable pirate-themed pool/close proximity to it? My kids would be in 7th heaven... :goodvibes

Lastly, I'm sort of up in the air about driving vs. shuttle vs. cab. I know from experience that on-park Disney transportation can take awhile and several times we've used cabs to get from a hotel to a park or vice-versa (especially during inclement weather or when running behind for dining reservations). Here are my specific questions:
1. Is there a cab service you recommend? How responsive are they?
2. I have an annual pass that makes parking free; however, I'd like to know how much of a pain it is to find your car/get out of the parks. I've seen the parking lot trolleys, but we've always flown in and never needed to use them.
3. How is the hotel shuttle? Do you have to call and request it or does it have a set schedule?
4. Do they run a shuttle to Sea World and/or Universal? If so, your thoughts?

If you made it this far, God bless you! :goodvibes

^^Melissa! We just booked our trip for September, also! :cool1: Wait, was that weird? I swear I'm not a stalker or anything...just super excited.:rotfl2: Anyway, we are annual Disney visitors and we always stay on-site; however, this year, we decided to cut costs considerably by doing a villa off-site with SPG points rather than pay through the nose again for a Deluxe Villa on Disney property. (And, to our complete shock, paying cash turned out to be a heckuva better deal than using points!) This thread has been so super helpful and it's put my mind at ease about staying offsite, especially knowing that the distance isn't too far and it's fairly central to Sea World and Universal. Now, what I'd really like to know is how some of you were able to request rooms. We booked our 2 brm suite through Starwood, so should I call the hotel directly and request this now? And what rooms do you recommend for a fun view of that adorable pirate-themed pool/close proximity to it? My kids would be in 7th heaven... :goodvibes Lastly, I'm sort of up in the air about driving vs. shuttle vs. cab. I know from experience that on-park Disney transportation can take awhile and several times we've used cabs to get from a hotel to a park or vice-versa (especially during inclement weather or when running behind for dining reservations). Here are my specific questions: 1. Is there a cab service you recommend? How responsive are they? 2. I have an annual pass that makes parking free; however, I'd like to know how much of a pain it is to find your car/get out of the parks. I've seen the parking lot trolleys, but we've always flown in and never needed to use them. 3. How is the hotel shuttle? Do you have to call and request it or does it have a set schedule? 4. Do they run a shuttle to Sea World and/or Universal? If so, your thoughts? If you made it this far, God bless you! :goodvibes

Hi! Not weird at all, as I think we're just as excited for our September trip, too. You asked some questions, so I'm curious to see the responses. :)

Congratulations, I think you will really like offsite too. My comments in line below.

^^Melissa! We just booked our trip for September, also! :cool1:

Wait, was that weird? I swear I'm not a stalker or anything...just super excited.:rotfl2:

Anyway, we are annual Disney visitors and we always stay on-site; however, this year, we decided to cut costs considerably by doing a villa off-site with SPG points rather than pay through the nose again for a Deluxe Villa on Disney property. (And, to our complete shock, paying cash turned out to be a heckuva better deal than using points!)

This thread has been so super helpful and it's put my mind at ease about staying offsite, especially knowing that the distance isn't too far and it's fairly central to Sea World and Universal.

Now, what I'd really like to know is how some of you were able to request rooms. We booked our 2 brm suite through Starwood, so should I call the hotel directly and request this now? And what rooms do you recommend for a fun view of that adorable pirate-themed pool/close proximity to it? My kids would be in 7th heaven... :goodvibes

SVV has Diamond Lane checkin; fill out the form at:
https://www.mystarcentral.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=15
and in the comments request a view of the pirate pool if possible. Not sure how much latitude SVV has around switching up sections, but it's always worth asking

Lastly, I'm sort of up in the air about driving vs. shuttle vs. cab. I know from experience that on-park Disney transportation can take awhile and several times we've used cabs to get from a hotel to a park or vice-versa (especially during inclement weather or when running behind for dining reservations). Here are my specific questions:
1. Is there a cab service you recommend? How responsive are they?

Can't help here; never taken a cab in Orlando, we always drive. Ask the question over on the transportation board and I'll bet you get lots of god advice on cabs.

2. I have an annual pass that makes parking free; however, I'd like to know how much of a pain it is to find your car/get out of the parks. I've seen the parking lot trolleys, but we've always flown in and never needed to use them.

Well if you have free parking that makes the decision a no brainer! Drive - it offers incredible convenience and the parks are really easy to get to from the resort.

My best tip for finding the car? First picture we take each park visit is the row and section indicator at the end of the line near the trolleys. At the end of the day, grab your camera/phone and look at the picture.

My second best tip for parking at Disney? If you have a GM vehicle with autostart and OnStar, get the phone app. (other brands might have this too, I only know my Chevy) I can start my car while boarding the trolley so the A/C has it nice and cool by the time we get there.

3. How is the hotel shuttle?
In a word, "horrible", I've never heard from anyone who really liked using them

Do you have to call and request it or does it have a set schedule?
It runs a set schedule, if I recall right 3 trips to the park per day and 3 back at set times. The stop locations at the park are a pain, and you probably won't be ready to go at the shuttle times. If using, you should call the transportation to reserve a spot on the shuttle in advance.

4. Do they run a shuttle to Sea World and/or Universal? If so, your thoughts?
Yes, they run shuttles to the other parks, but there is a charge. For "hotel" guests the shuttles to Disney are I believe free (assumes they run it same as at SVR) so that the resort can qualify as a "Good Neighbor". Timeshare guests pay a fee for all shuttles.

If you made it this far, God bless you! :goodvibes

Have a great trip!

Hello, is there currently construction going on?
If will it be done by the of October?
Have all the areas been renovated?
Which area is the best to request, will be checking in on a Monday, does this make a difference?

Also if I book a no housekeeping rate what do I have to donthe last day besides obvious basic cleaning?

Thanks

Hello, is there currently construction going on?
If will it be done by the of October?
Have all the areas been renovated?
Which area is the best to request, will be checking in on a Monday, does this make a difference?

Also if I book a no housekeeping rate what do I have to donthe last day besides obvious basic cleaning?

Thanks

Can't answer most of the first few questions, but no housekeeping only means no housekeeping during the week. You don't need to do any housekeeping at Vistana on departure, aside from emptying your trash. Your unit is completely cleaned by housekeeping staff prior to the next checkin. If you have a two week stay, you do get a full cleaning in the middle of your stay as well.

@Bankr63 - thank you SO much for your helpful info! For some reason, when I came back here after I'd posted to look for a response, it didn't show any updates. Odd. :worried:

I love the idea about taking a photo of your car/section/row. While I do not drive a GM vehicle (I pilot the Death Star, otherwise known as a Honda Odyssey), I do have remote start. We're from Texas, so I am very familiar with hot seats! I'll hit the fob as our trolley gets close and that should do the trick. Good thinking! :thumbsup2
Since we had to move our trip from September to December to accommodate my sister's vacation schedule, I doubt heat will be much of an issue. Perhaps we'll have to warm the car up! :D

Also glad to know not to rely on the shuttle service. My parents, sister and I will all be driving in from various parts of the country. Perhaps we'll drive 2 vehicles on days we think some of us will come back at different times and just divide the parking fee. Even at half price, it's a savings. (I'm the only AP holder)

Off topic, I just have to gush about the cost. My mom and I spoke by phone tonight and were figuring up costs of various aspects of our trip (ADRs, hotel and such). We were absolutely floored that the price of our 10 day stay at SVV equals the cost of 1.5 nights at BLT. Unless we have an absolutely terrible experience (which we've NEVER had at a Starwood property yet!), I doubt we're going to miss staying onsite. :goodvibes

Hello! I am an owner at Vistana Villages, and I was wondering if anyone has recently stayed in a renovated Bella unit? I am curious if any of the renovated units in this phase have granite, because I toured a model unit which did not have granite, but I have found some photos online of bella units that appear to have granite. Thanks!

I just got done reading some crummy reviews on google about SVV... anyone stay here recently? Anyone have trouble with cleanliness or bugs? Our plans are still coming together, so I'm debating whether the WBC would be better (as it is less money) or another location?

TIA!

I just got done reading some crummy reviews on google about SVV... anyone stay here recently? Anyone have trouble with cleanliness or bugs? Our plans are still coming together, so I'm debating whether the WBC would be better (as it is less money) or another location?

TIA!

I stayed in April. My unit was clean, modern and the whole complex was in great shape! I would just advise staying away from the Bella Florida Village as those units are older, and the renovation wasn't that great in my opinion. I stayed in Key West on my trip-it was very quiet and relaxing. St. Augustine is also a great choice, but it was pretty crowded when we were there.

We arrive this weekend and are super excited!! Staying in a 2BR that we traded thru RCI for. I will upload pictures and let you know how it is when we get back!!

We've booked a room through a promotion that doesn't include housekeeping. Does this mean we're responsible for tidying up the room, vacuuming, washing dishes, etc. for the duration of our stay?

What about replacing towels and sheets?

We've booked a room through a promotion that doesn't include housekeeping. Does this mean we're responsible for tidying up the room, vacuuming, washing dishes, etc. for the duration of our stay?

I haven't stayed at that particular place but at others that say that and they meant no one comes in to empty the trash, make your beds, replenish the towels, etc. We picked up after ourselves and left the dishwasher running when we left. There may be a binder with leaving instructions inside but I don't think that they would require you to vacuum.

If you are staying for a week, the resort includes a mid-week tidy/towel change. Other than that you need to keep the unit as clean as you want. As pp said, run the dishwasher when needed, make the beds, or don't, you're on vacation. The garbage/recycling rooms are conveniently located in each building, quick drop off. There is a full cleaning at the end of your stay - no requirement to do any bed stripping or anything like that before you leave.

Personally I prefer no housekeeping. I don't have to worry about staff entering my unit throughout the day, and don't feel compelled to tidy up for housekeeping. I don't change my towels or sheets at home any more than weekly, why would I do so on vacation?

If you are staying for a week, the resort includes a mid-week tidy/towel change. Other than that you need to keep the unit as clean as you want.

So they do replenish the towels and tidy up midweek even though housekeeping is not requested?

Is there a charge for this or is it standard?

So they do replenish the towels and tidy up midweek even though housekeeping is not requested?

The two-bedroom villas all have a washer and dryer in them and I'm fairly certain that that's the case for the one-bedroom units as well. So, if you want clean towels or sheets, that's your responsibility. I think there are pool towels in the villas, too.

Dick Taylor

I have been reading about many of the offsite resorts. I see a lot on this one but not much on the sister resort the Caribe Royale. If there is anyone that has stayed at both, how do they compare for the larger 2 bedroom villas? Thanks.

Exactly, fresh towels to replace those that are used, and they should empty out garbage, not much more. No charge for this, it is standard with all weekly stays.

I have been reading about many of the offsite resorts. I see a lot on this one but not much on the sister resort the Caribe Royale. If there is anyone that has stayed at both, how do they compare for the larger 2 bedroom villas? Thanks.

I don't know that I would call it a sister resort. Caribe Royale is not a Sheraton property, and I don't think it is timeshare. AFAIK it is an all suite hotel. Do a quick search on the name here though, there have been a couple of threads in the past from folks who have stayed there.

Exactly, fresh towels to replace those that are used, and they should empty out garbage, not much more. No charge for this, it is standard with all weekly stays.
So, I did not book a "no housekeeping" rate, will be get fresh towels and beds made everyday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter