Sheraton Vistana Resort

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Buzz2001, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Just spent 2 days at the resort (4/11 & 4/12) and found it to be very close to WDW and highway access to Universal. We stayed there 2 days before heading over to CSR. I couldn't find a single room on Disney property for the 2 days so I found this place on the internet and got a great rate of $175.00 (very good for Easter/Spring break week) per night for the 2 bedroom villa. We stayed in the PALMS section to be close to friends of ours also staying there, rooms 642 & 719. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the suites. The rooms were huge, 3 tv's, a vcr, 2 bathrooms, very clean and well maintained. We had no complaints.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool but to a walk over to view it. The general store had a Pizza Hut Express but the overall store was small.

I would stay here again if I could get a similar rate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scanmom

scanmom DIS Veteran

I have ressies there for late May/early June, and I am still a little worried about staying offsite. I love your pics!! I have some ?'s...How long did it take to drive to WDW? and is it close enough to go back for a midday break? Thanks again!!! :goodvibes

4. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Loved your pics Mario ! I haven't seen recent pics of the Palms section in awhile. Considering it's one of the olders sections, it looks well-maintained from your pictures.
    The General Store is smallish, but I still found it larger than most WDW hotel gift shops. I think it feels big compared to gift shops/general stores at OKW, BWV, WL, POP...... to name a few I've stayed at recently. I'm glad u enjoyed your stay and thanks for the TR.

Hi Scanmom......
    I own at Vistana and we stay there every year. The drive to WDW is about 10-15 min (20 min if traffic is heavy). You will have no problem taking a midday break. The one park that will take the longest and be the most inconvenient will be the MK. This goes for any offsite resort. Getting into and out of the MK is a project. You need to take the monorail/ferry to the TTC, then take the tram to your car. By the time you get out of the MK and into your car it could be 30 (or more). The other parks will be much easier.

5. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

Thanks for posting the pics. 1st time partial off-site WDW trip (apprehensive LOL) but, glad we're staying there in June looks great to me.

6. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

It was surprisingly close. 1 mile from Welcome to Disney sign. It was a 7 min ride to CSR (which is next to AK, MGM and Epcot) and DtD. We visited US and IOA while we were there along with going to DtD the first night so I can't give you times to the Disney parks but it is very close.

7. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

I only say that because compared to the store at CSR, it is small. Panchito's is a large store.

8. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Got ya :thumbsup2
    I do want to say that your CSR website is excellent (I've saved it to my list of Favorites). You do that resort proud. I haven't really had a major desire to stay there until I was reading the descriptions on your site. Sounds like a beautiful place---I'd like to stay there one day.

9. KelnRon

KelnRon Mouseketeer

Thanks for the pictures. We are staying at Vistana in May for 8 nights. Still not too happy and defianately prefer the newer buildings! :sad2:

10. StephSalyer

StephSalyer Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info and pics! We are having a family reunion for 20 of us there at the end of June. :thumbsup2

11. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Have a great trip!

12. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

You'll have a great time!

13. ljsmom

ljsmom Mouseketeer

I just got back Saturday from a five night stay at Vistana in a 2 bedroom. I would not hesitate to stay there again. We were in the Lakes section, which was very close to two pools. One was zero entry which is where we spent all of our time. We did go to another pool in the Cascades section, but I preferred the pool at the Lakes. The place was very clean and people were nice. The proximity to WDW can't be beat. I would be happy to answer any questions.

14. grgich

grgich Mouseketeer

Did you stay under a "timeshare" offer, or just book it directly? I'm wondering if you get a better room when doing the timeshare offer or when booking directly. I have signed up for the timeshare offer (4 nights, 2BR for a total of $209) and was curious if I'll end up in the musty old section or not. Guess I should be ready to request a section when I checkin......

15. StephSalyer

StephSalyer Mouseketeer

Did you get put in the Lakes section by request? We have put our request in as follows:
    1. Cascades 2. Lakes 3. Fountains II - We also have three rooms that we have requested close together.

Did you have trouble finding seating at the pools? (We usually do on-site.) We will be spending a lot of time at the pools because we are only going to the MK one day.

Thanks for the info!!!

16. Bella the Ball 360

Bella the Ball 360 Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font

Just want to say thanks to MiaSRN62, she gave us lots of info last year on our first stay at Vistana. It was so great we are staying again this year. It cost us 50 per night on Sky Auction last year (yes it was a 2 bedroom) and we were in the Falls a little older but still great!! This year we paid a whopping 70 per night through sky auction plus the 195 standard fee. I was a little spoiled with last year's rate we are staying 15 days so it breaks down to a little over 90 per night (tx inc)but when I see what others are calling a great rate I cannot complain. LOL,

Thanks again MiaSRN62! I cannot WAIT to go back. By the way I loved the store. I also loved the super pool while older than the new pool, it is much less crowded. Zimmies had a great chicken caesar salad at a reasonable price. All in all there was NOTHING to complain about. I guess if I REALLY wanted to be picky the worst thing that happened was that the drier took longer than I wanted it to .....and that is with me forcing to myself to find at least one thing that needed improvement.

17. Bella the Ball 360

THAT is a great rate! Think about it they will not put you in a junky area they are bringing you down to sell to you so if you complain they are going to upgrade you. They want to look good. ANd as far as I could see there are no junky areas.

18. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

You're very welcome Bella ! That is a good rate you received as well :yay:
    So when are you going this year ? I'll be there Aug 6-13 :cool1:

19. Bella the Ball 360

Me TOO!! I am going to be there starting on July 29 and for two weeks so I think we will be there at the same time. I think we are leaving on 8/13 also. Wouldn't it be funny if they put us in the same complex? I must say I am hoping for the same area of the Falls. Although it was older we loved the fact it was only a two story and it was easier than getting into our own house. I just had foot surgery and I am PRAYING it will be okay by then!

20. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Too cool Bella ! I'll try and wear lime green so maybe you can spot me ! It'll be dh, me and 3 teen kids :cool1: I'll most likely be in the Fountains II section. We check out of Vistana on the 13th and check-in at OKW for an additional 4 nights.
    Sure hope your foot is better by the time you go on vacation :thumbsup2

21. Bella the Ball 360

Cool... I will wear lime green too! I will be the short ball with the two big guys one my husband and one my teenage son (18)! lol