Sheraton Vistana Resort - RCI???

05MM08MM

DIS Veteran
What area/type of rooms are you put in if you book through RCI using points? I have read bad reviews about the rooms that have not been refurbed.

Any other info about this place using timeshare would be greatly appreciated. Use to staying on-site, so a little nervous.

We will most likely have a car. Would be two adults, no children, mainly using room for sleeping and taking an hour or so break during the day. Don't plan to use the pools or do laundry there.

TIA

What size unit will you be in? 1 bedrooms are only in Lakes and Cascades. All of Lakes have been renovated and Cascades isn't that old, but it's getting a makeover already, too.

All the 2 bedroom units are supposed to be refurbished by 2011. I'm not sure which 2 bedroom sections are done and which aren't yet.

Only need a 1 br, but there is availability for both. Can you place any request if using timeshare to try to get a refurbed room?

1 bedrooms are only in Lakes and Cascades. Of the two, I would ask for Lakes as the refurbishment is done in the Lakes section. But Cascades is not that old either. I was surprised they were already refurbishing Cascades to tell you the truth. I've only been brave enough to book a one bedroom since I knew those units weren't ancient. I would try to get the RCI "last call" price to get it for $259 for the week if you're traveling short notice.

I figured I would wait to book a 2 bedroom until after the refurbishment is completely done in 2011 - that's when all two bedrooms should be done.

We are looking at going end of Nov/begining of Dec, so it will be a while, perhaps lots of the refubs will be done by then :goodvibes Thanks for the info.

Only need a 1 br, but there is availability for both. Can you place any request if using timeshare to try to get a refurbed room?

Regardless of how you access Sheraton Vistana - direct rental, rent from an owner, exchange in with another timeshare week/points, etc. - you can always use their Diamond Lane check-in service to make requests prior to arrival. Use the online form that links from http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/welcome.jsp (click on the Diamond Lane text link on the right side of this page). They suggest that you make your request at least 72 hours before check-in.

I think that there is no guarantee but it can't hurt to ask.

Dick Taylor

You can find out @ check-in if the unit that is assigned to you is refurbished. If not you can request one that is & they usually are pretty accomodating. We stayed there in 2008 when there were a lot less refurbished units than there are now & we changed ours @ check-in. We own there but I don't think that makes a difference.

We own there but I don't think that makes a difference.

It does make a difference. Owners are given preference over many (most?) other guests as they are paying the maintence fees that keep the place running.

Dick Taylor

From looking at the resorts web site, there appears to be 3 different 1 bedroom options: 1 bdr premium 855-920 sqft w/wirlpool tub in the bedroom http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/onebedroom_prem_lakes.jsp

And the other two here (Lakes section):

http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/onebedroom_lakes_480.jsp

http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/onebedroom_villa_lakes.jsp

How do you know which one you will get? RCI showing 1 bdr 4(4) w/full kitchen right now, no other info.

So many things to fiture out :upsidedow

I don't think there is any guarantee on which 1 bedroom you get to be honest. I requested Lakes when I stayed there and even though I know it's smaller than the large 1 bedroom at Cascades, I still liked it because it was brand new. You can go to Trip Advisor and look at pictures of the units.

It looks like both Lakes & Cascades have the larger premium 1 bdr. Not worried about a little more extra sqft, just like the big tub in the bedroom :love:

I was planning to request the Lakes section since it seems to be more quieter area than the Cascades, since it will just me and DH.

It looks like both Lakes & Cascades have the larger premium 1 bdr. Not worried about a little more extra sqft, just like the big tub in the bedroom :love:

I was planning to request the Lakes section since it seems to be more quieter area than the Cascades, since it will just me and DH.

I'm pretty sure that Cascades has some small lock-off 1 bedrooms, too, besides the bigger 1 bedrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter