Sheraton villas and resort..difference?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by leanne11, Apr 30, 2012.

1. leanne11

leanne11 <font color=green>Always remember to use the net t

we did Windsor hills and liked it..looking for something different ..need child friendly- pools and rooms.is 1 more modern ..

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bankr63

bankr63 DIS Veteran

Both fit the child friendly mold. We've stayed at both, now own at Resort.

Villages (SVV) is the newer of the two; it started to build as they ran out of room at the Resort (SVR). That said, SVR has just had a total refurbish and all the sections are shiny new. There are more amenities at SVR too; restaurants, pools, mini-golf, food court. SOme of the older sections at SVV are apparently getting a bit worn.

SVV being newer is all higher (5-6 story if memory serves) more densely packed buildings. All buildings have elevators (a plus), but parking is more difficult. SVR has more of a blend, but most of the lower rise sections (2-3 levels) do not have elevators. But you can usually park right at the door/stairs of your unit.

Access to the parks is easy from both, SVV is maybe 3-4 minutes further than SVR, and SVR is about 10-12 minutes from any of the Disney parking lots.

In the end, you can't go wrong with either one. I'd take whichever is offering the best deal. The kids will love both - mine have been going since around 8yo, and think of Vistana as our home in the south.

Enjoy your trip!

4. leanne11

leanne11 <font color=green>Always remember to use the net t

great...where should i start looking for a deal???

5. bankr63

bankr63 DIS Veteran

If you are going for an entire week, renting from an owner is likely the best deal. You can find owners renting on http://www.redweek.com/ or in the classifieds at Timeshare User Group http://www.tug2.net/

Sheraton also rents both properties directly from their Sheraton and Starwood sites; deals are occasionally offered, particularly in off seasons. These rentals are more like hotel stays by the night including daily housekeeping (timeshare stay only comes with a mid-week tidy) and with free park shuttle.

Travel Agents can also sometimes offer packages or accomodation, our first introduction to SVV was a package tour through Air Canada Vacations.

6. kathy884

kathy884 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2
    I concur. For a week long rental TUG2.net and Redweek.com are where I look too to see if I can get a good deal renting directly from a timeshare owner. For shorter stays I've done retail.

7. darrius1st

darrius1st Mouseketeer

Also try ebay, they have some great prices.