Shepherds Pie Recipe Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by bubba, Sep 5, 2011.

1. bubba

bubba Mouseketeer

Hi all! I'm hoping someone on the Disboards can give me a hand with finding a recipe!! Years ago, I had a recipe card given out by Old El Paso for Tex-Mex Shepherds Pie. Several moves later, I seem to have lost the recipe card!! My kids have recently developed an enjoyment of tex-mex foods and I wanted to try this recipe on them. I know it had ground beef, salsa, and taco seasoning but I can't remember anything else about it. Anyone have the recipe I'm looking for ? (Oh, and I have Googled it and have come up empty. I freely admit, I'm not a very good googler :confused3)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

4. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

SoI would guess you could use an ordinary Shepherds Pie recipe and just sub in salsa and taco seasoning for any fresh tomatoes and herbs called for.:thumbsup2

5. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

but a mexican one uses beef and not lamb as a real shepard's pie would since shepards don't tend beef cattle :rotfl: The veggies are a bit different too

6. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

OK then check a cottage ppie recipe:rolleyes1 I tend to use the terms interchangeably as I nearly always make mine with beef (lamb mince can be fatty). I've also made it using leftover chicken in gravy with mash on top and still called it shepherds pie;)

7. ginna74

ginna74 <font color=red>WDW GUEST WANNA BE<br><font color=

mine is generic I guess with no spices... it had ground beef at the bottom with corn and any cream of soup then tatertots or mashed potatoes then cheese.... I know.. plain jane.. but I liked it. Sorry not what you wanted

8. kimberlym322

kimberlym322 Mouseketeer