Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

I just realized, you'll only be home for a week before you go on 'stay-cation'! I couldn't live your life, you're schedule is packed!

:welcome: Well I'm glad that your September trip is going to work out!

Me too. I still have not cancelled the leave for May nor the hotels that I had already booked just in case we can make this work, but I feel that the decision will be made within the next week. I am actually fine with this though as I have the Disneyland trip to look forward to.

Corinna

One of my first trip reports was titled: Dirty Naked Barbies. :lmao: I had to change the name or the mods wouldn't post it. Glad to see times have changed.

I just realized, you'll only be home for a week before you go on 'stay-cation'! I couldn't live your life, you're schedule is packed!

Yeah, that's pushing it a little bit. I hadn't completely settled on the party when I booked the cruise. In hindsight, we should have done the cruise first, but it'll work out. Remember I don't have a day job with fixed hours. I'll have the weekend to recover and unpack, Monday and Tuesday to prepare for my parents arrival. We'll have all the non perishable goods set aside before we leave, and Wednesday and Thursday to gather the perishables. Friday to pack the car and go! I'm serving all premade style Costco food on Friday, except I'll make Strawberry Soup, and that's easy. The cake is being delivered to the hotel, and I've got two friends coming over Friday before we leave to help get everything packed in the car. I've made the list and checked it twice (well more times than that!) :wizard:

Me too. I still have not cancelled the leave for May nor the hotels that I had already booked just in case we can make this work, but I feel that the decision will be made within the next week. I am actually fine with this though as I have the Disneyland trip to look forward to.

Corinna

Where is the May trip? Dubai?

One of my first trip reports was titled: Dirty Naked Barbies. :lmao: I had to change the name or the mods wouldn't post it. Glad to see times have changed.

Well, that implies something entirely different! :rotfl2:

Well as soon as I posted the initial update, there were changes. Since Jim is taking the red eye Sunday, he has decided to check out the rope drop show at MK Monday morning. That was our main reason for going to the MK in the morning Wednesday. Instead we'll go to AK for EMH. That way we have a better chance of seeing the Lions active, as well as the other animals. We'll be in and out of the park before noon with a little time to rest before heading to Epcot for the evening.

There are still a few things left to sort out. We have our grocery list figured out, but I have yet to place the order. I still need to book our transportation from VWL to the port. I don't want to take the Disney bus because they arrive so late to the port. I've priced a number of services and I just have a few questions to resolve before I commit.

If you didn't see it in the replies, of course I will be packing meat! One of the nights we plan on grilling rib eye steaks, and there is no way I'm paying the Publix price for steaks when I got these on killer sale.

Another thing I still have left to do is assemble my Fish Extender gifts. This time I'm actually doing something halfway crafty instead of just buying stuff at the Dollar Store or giving out candy. I'm not going to reveal what it is on the off chance that someone in my group stumbles over to my PTR and I'm also recycling the same gift for my May cruise as well.

And lastly the menus for the Flower & Garden Kiosks was released the other day. There are lots of things that I want to try and lot of others that are kind of meh. I want to try something from every booth so that I can get more for my Golden Spoon award. I'm hoping to get to 50% of the restaurants after this trip. The things that sound good to me are typed in purple

NEW! Botanas Botánico
Seafood Ceviche — Shrimp, Scallops, and Grouper with mango and avocado

Cachapas with Farmer’s Cheese
White Corn Arepa with Braised Beef and Chayote Slaw
Coconut Tres Leches
Polar Beer, Caracas Venezuela
La Tizana
Classic Venezuelan Fruit Drink
Monte Paschoal Reserve Tannat

Monte Paschoal Natural Brut White Sparkling Wine

Urban Farm Eats
◾NEW! Kale Salad with Dried Cherries, Almonds, and Goat Cheese with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
◾NEW! Quinoa Vegetable “Naanwich” with Arugula Pesto and Oven-Dried Tomatoes
◾Ghost pepper-dusted tilapia with crisp winter melon slaw and mint oil featuring The Original Sauce Man’s Kick It Up Rub

◾NEW! Urban Mary: Spicy Tomato Juice, Lime Juice, and Worcestershire, with shot of Vodka (optional)

◾Cucumber lemon spa water, finished with a sprig of fresh mint
◾Hess Shirtail Creek Vineyard, Chardonnay
◾King Estate Acrobat Pinot Noir
◾Crispin Blackberry Pear Cider

Pineapple Promenade
◾NEW! Pineapple Dog – Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Sriracha Mayo

◾Pineapple Soft Serve
◾NEW! Pineapple Soft Serve with Sammy’s Beach Bar Red Head Macadamia Nut Flavored Rum

◾Pineapple Soft Serve with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
◾Frozen desert violet lemonade (non-alcoholic)

◾NEW! Ace Pineapple Hard Cider

◾Sparkling Pineapple Wine, Florida Orange Groves Winery, St, Petersburg,FL
◾Berry Tea Cocktail with Twinings Cold-Brewed Mixed Berry Tea

Fleur de Lys
◾Gnocchi Parisien à la Provençal – Parisian-style Dumplings with Vegetables and Mushrooms

◾Confit de Canard, Pommes de Terre Sarladaise – Pulled Duck Confit with Garlic and Parsley Potatoes
◾NEW! Macaron Guimauve à la Fraise, a Strawberry Marshmallow Macaron
◾NEW! Ice Pop Combination of French Peach Iced Tea, Grand Marnier Peach Raspberry Liqueur, and Vodka.

◾La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush – Vodka, Grey Goose Orange, St. Germain Liquor, and White and Red Cranberry Juice
◾Kir Imperial – Sparkling wine, Chambord and Black Raspberry Liquor
◾Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 – Fruity White Beer with Citrus Notes

Taste of Marrakesh
◾NEW! Falafel Pocket with Cucumber Tomato Salad and Tahini Sauce

◾Harissa Chicken Kebab with Couscous Salad

◾NEW! Pistachio Baklava
◾Mint iced tea
◾White sangria

◾Guerrouane red
◾Casa Beer
◾Desert Rose — Sparkling Wine with Pomegranate Liqueur

Hanami
◾Frushi – Fresh pineapple, strawberries and melon, rolled with coconut rice, topped with raspberry sauce, sprinkled with toasted coconut and served with whipped cream on the side

◾NEW! Teriyaki Curry Bun — Steamed bun filled with chicken, vegetables, curry and sweet sauce

◾NEW! Osaka Salmon Sushi – “Hako-sushi” Box style Sushi with Salmon and Rice, topped with Dynamite, Volcano and Eel sauce
◾Kirin Draft Beer

◾NEW! Strawberry Nigori

◾NEW! Daishichi Kimoto Sake

The Smokehouse: Barbecues and Brews
◾Pulled pig slider with cole slaw

◾NEW! Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños
◾NEW! Smoked Debreziner Sausage with House Made Kraut and Mustard
◾“Piggylicious” bacon cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch featuring Nueske’s® Applewood Smoked Bacon
◾Billy’s Chilies, Twisted Pine Brewing Company (Boulder, Colorado)
◾Floridian Hefeweizen
◾Category 3 IPA
◾NEW! Maple Bacon Stout
◾Beer Flight

◾The Original Rib Shack Red Wine

◾NEW! Frozen Lemonade (with Palm Ridge Reserve Whiskey Optional)
◾NEW! R.C. Sweet Tea made with Twinings Cold-Brewed English Classic Tea

Primavera Kitchen

◾NEW! Fior di Latte, Prosciutto e Pane di Casa — Pinwheel of Mozzarella, Prosciutto, Ciabatta Bread
◾Cheese manicotti – Egg pasta stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, tomato sauce and béchamel
◾NEW! Limoncello Panna Cotta — Lemon custard, limoncello liqueur, raspberries
◾Placido Pinot Grigio
◾Placido Chianti
◾Bosco del Merlo Prosecco
◾Corbinello
◾White peach bellini – Prosecco and white peach puree
◾Strawberry rossini – Prosecco and marinated strawberries

◾Frozen Italian primavera – Assorted fruit slushy with limoncello and vodka
◾Moretti Lager
◾Moretti La Rossa

Lotus House

◾Beijing-style candied strawberries
◾NEW! Kung Pao Chicken Bun

◾Vegetable Spring Roll
◾Oolong Peach Bubble Tea
◾Kung Fu Punch – Vodka and triple sec with mango and orange juice

◾South Sea Storm – Guava juice with light and dark rum
◾Plum wine
◾Tsing-Tao beer
◾Honey Mango Wine Cooler

Jardin de Fiestas

◾Tacos al pastor – Corn tortilla filled with achiote-marinated pork, garnished with grilled diced pineapple, onions and cilantro and salsa verde
◾Veggie Quesadilla – Flour tortilla filled with Monterey Jack Cheese and mixed veggies

◾Flan de queso con chocolate Abuelita – Mexican chocolate custard with whipped cream and cinnamon
◾NEW! Tecate Draft Beer with Patrón Citrónge
◾Mexican sangria
◾NEW! Blueberry Pomegranate Margarita on the Rocks
◾NEW! Tequila Liqueur Flight (flavored tequilas)

Florida Fresh

◾Watermelon salad with pickled onions, B&W Gourmet Farms baby arugula, feta cheese and balsamic reduction
◾Shrimp and stone ground grits with andouille sausage, sweet corn, tomatoes and cilantro
◾NEW! Florida Blueberry and Lemon Curd Tart
◾Watermelon passion fruit slush featuring Simply Lemonade®

◾Key Lime Sparkling Wine
◾Blonde Ale
◾Channel Marker Red Ale
◾Feast of Flowers Farmhouse Ale (Festival exclusive)
◾Jai Alai
◾Beer Flight: Blonde Ale, Channel Marker Red Ale, Jai Alai, Feast of Flowers Farmhouse Ale

Espresso, Coffee and Pastries at The American Adventure

◾Chocolate Stout latte featuring Monin chocolate, caramel and hazelnut with milk and espresso
◾Iced Bailey’s latte featuring Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur, with milk and espresso over ice

Intermissions Cafe
◾Grapes

◾Fruit and Cheese Plate

◾Vegan Trio
◾Southwest Chicken Wrap
◾Tuna Salad with Pita
◾Side Salad

◾Asian Tuna Salad with Noodles
◾Hurricane Class 5 Florida White Sangria

◾Hess Shirtail Creek Vineyard Chardonnay
◾King Estate Acrobat Pinot Noir
◾Zonin Prosecco
◾Floridian Hefeweizen, Funky Buddha Brewery, Oakland Park, FL
◾Crispin Blackberry Pear Cider
◾Dasani Bottled Water
◾Dasani Lemon Sparkling Water
◾Coke
◾Diet Coke
◾Sprite

So on all the days we go to Epcot we have to try and eat our way through all these booths!

Ooh! Look at all that food at the booths!

Love what you highlighted, Alison. I hope you get to try everything so that I can live vicariously through you.

You've made some tasty selections! I can't see you go wrong with anything!

Jill in CO

Is this the new spin on a Dole whip? NEW! Pineapple Soft Serve with Sammy’s Beach Bar Red Head Macadamia Nut Flavored Rum

Looks like some yummy food and drinks.

It seems that we both like reading and writing about "history and backstories".

:goodvibes If you ever want to read a lot about my Disney back story, then head over to my 2010 PTR. In there I did kind of mini trip reports for various past Disney trips Katharina and I took - starting with the 1992 DL visit.

I don't know what the "Stories from Other Lands" book had in it. That photo was from the Walt Disney Archives. My mother got rid of my books years ago. I always liked for them to read to me out the Fantasyland book.

That's a shame that your books disappeared... I love old children's books, makes me wonder whether it might be worth it to try to track down a copy of those "Other Lands" stories.

I hope you are more successful than I was with regard to trying food from the food booths. I got one thing from the cafe in the festival center, I think a cake that was not even very good... And then we just did not get around to buying anything. :confused3

Where is the May trip? Dubai?

No, this was supposed to be the big Florida trip: Beach Club for Flower and Garden; a four-nighter on the Dream; Vero Beach; Miami; Clearwater and Universal. Still, it will happen at some stage, just probably not this year.

Some of the offerings from the food kiosks sound really tempting. I would love to get my hands on the Dole Whip with the Macadamia Nut Rum.

Corinna

I finally got back to read, life has been crazy busy lately!

Your trip sounds marvelously fun. Did I meet Jim? He didn't come out to eat with us but was he at the concert? I'll look at my photos again if you remember.

Lots of delicious things at F & G this year popcorn:: for whatever reason I didn't realize how soon your trip was.

Naked Jim rocks! That story made me smile. Hope you have great time!

BTW - the Disney archives was one of my favorite places I have ever been! I had that particular set of books,along with several other ones in that room. My love for all things Disney started with a little tubby cubby. I had a Winnie the Pooh room with a giant pooh head rug. Then, I got to know Uncle Walt who came to visit once a week. I finally made it WDW in 2008, but I made it DL last year. My eyes were so leaky those few moments sitting in front of the castle before opening looking out as Walt must have every day.

I hope Naked Jim enjoys the World. I love taking people for their first time. It is so much fun to share that. Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy your cruise reports.

That looks like you have a lot of good options to pick from at the booths. I envy you.

Good luck on getting to 50% on your Golden Spoon! :thumbsup2

Wow, that's a lot of food options! I'm sure you'll have a great time visiting the booths.

I think I'd probably be hanging out at the BBQ and pineapple stands, myself!

Since I have recently read your reports I immediatly thought "I wonder if Alison is going to pack some meat" :ssst:
The list of food and drink offerings sounds amazing, lots and lots of great things to try,especially that macadamia nut rum dome whip! Yummy!

All of the pineapple! I love all things pineapple!

:surfweb:Someone that departed from Long Beach...say it isn't so! I'm so homesick now! Glad I found your report even if I'm a WDW newbie. I grew up with an annual pass to Disneyland and worked at Knotts Berry Farm. Can't wait to keep reading :surfweb:!

Ooh! Look at all that food at the booths!

Love what you highlighted, Alison. I hope you get to try everything so that I can live vicariously through you.

We plan for two days of lunch grazing and one for morning grazing. I hope that will be enough to fit everything in!

You've made some tasty selections! I can't see you go wrong with anything!

Jill in CO

There's a couple booths where I'm really stretching it, but I want to get something from each one of them.

◾NEW! Urban Mary: Spicy Tomato Juice, Lime Juice, and Worcestershire, with shot of Vodka (optional)

The vodka is never optional. party:

Exactly! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Is this the new spin on a Dole whip? NEW! Pineapple Soft Serve with Sammy’s Beach Bar Red Head Macadamia Nut Flavored Rum

Looks like some yummy food and drinks.

Yes, they did this at the last F&W we were at too. I had one then, but it was a different Rum.

:goodvibes If you ever want to read a lot about my Disney back story, then head over to my 2010 PTR. In there I did kind of mini trip reports for various past Disney trips Katharina and I took - starting with the 1992 DL visit.

I wish I had the time to go back and read past reports. I can barely keep up with the current ones! Maybe once we get all moved in/out and have all our apartments rented, I can kick back!

That's a shame that your books disappeared... I love old children's books, makes me wonder whether it might be worth it to try to track down a copy of those "Other Lands" stories.

I hope you are more successful than I was with regard to trying food from the food booths. I got one thing from the cafe in the festival center, I think a cake that was not even very good... And then we just did not get around to buying anything. :confused3

I should put in a search on eBay for a set of those books. It would supplement our book collection nicely. I will be on a mission to taste as many things as I can!

No, this was supposed to be the big Florida trip: Beach Club for Flower and Garden; a four-nighter on the Dream; Vero Beach; Miami; Clearwater and Universal. Still, it will happen at some stage, just probably not this year.

Some of the offerings from the food kiosks sound really tempting. I would love to get my hands on the Dole Whip with the Macadamia Nut Rum.

Corinna

Ah yes, I remember you talking about taking your first cruise on one of the bigger ships to try it out. I just didn't know when that was supposed to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter