• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

I am glad that you are managing to get stuff sorted out. At least you managed the two night cruise for October.

I think this would be the perfect place to add the report for your birthday party.

Corinna

So I have a question for you all.....

My next exciting event is my 50th birthday at the VGC. Should I hijack this TR to do a TR on that or should I start another one on the DL boards? What do you folks think?

Start fresh - let us know the link !

You can do me one favor @skier_pete please take a picture of the table of contents for the "Other Lands Books" for @Flossbolna she was curious what was in those books and I'm not sure I ever ventured into that one, I was so intrigued with the Fantasy land stories, that might be the only one that I ever had my parents read to me from.

Here's the full Table of Contents from "Stories from Other Lands". Didn't realize that "Bambi" was from some other country. Apparently it's Austrian.

img004.jpg

Attachments

• img004.jpg
    img004.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1
Anywhere you put the TR, I will be there! It fits in this forum for sure really more up to you whether you want to start anew or not :)

I think this might be a good option. You could put this PTR on the backburner until you reschedule the F&W.
And a fresh start would mean that you won't be constantly reminded about having to scrap everything. :hug:

But anywhere you put your TR, you know I'll be there to read along.

Wow... all the cancellations, and trip insurance and considerations about what to do going forward just looks very frustrating. And depressing. I wish you both the best. I hope she has a speedy recovery and you can move forward with some fun activities.

Alison
I am so sorry that Fran is hurting. I hope all gets works out. I am sure it will. You know my thoughts and prayers are with you both. Damn this just sucks!!
I vote to start your trip here but whatever you do let me know so I can read along!!

Ugh, catching back up after my trip this weekend and I was hoping for some pixie dust. That doctor sounds like a real jerk. Hope you find a better one and get some good news. I'm so sorry you guys have to cancel everything. Big hugs and pixie dust headed West!

Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Jill in CO

Oh Alison, what a pain. I'm sorry about having to reschedule everything :( but I'm glad Naked Jim is still going and will enjoy time with his family.

Were you able to get the same room for the second October cruise?

Hopefully Davids will be able to rent out your points and you'll be able to get the money back from the travel insurance.

No problem with the birthday TR here, whatever is easier :)

Yeah, it's a pain, but you know I'm sorta used to it. Of course we have same room! I wouldn't have done it otherwise. I couldn't believe it was still available! Sorry I'll miss you and Jenny at the parks, but I hope you will come stay with us after thE cruise. We might even be able to give you a ride back.

So far I have two yes votes for TR here and a whatever.

:hug:

I hope David's works out for you. That would be awesome.
And I look forward to hearing about what future trips you're booking.

I'm with Bret....would love to read all about your May trip.

I was always planning to report on the b'day trip it was just a question of where. I noticed you did answer that in a later post.

Hi Alison. Sorry I am late to the party. I only just saw the link to the TR. On my re Fran you poor poor lambs. I am so sorry for Fran's pain, your stress and your cancelled cruise and stay. We had to cancel our May cruise on The Magic due to my sudden admission into hospital the other week. Very upsetting isn't it :-(

I will follow to see what unfolds! Get well soon lovely Fran. Kisses and hugs to you both. It's very stressful for you too , you should see the state of Jo! Xxx

:welcome: I'm so glad you're feeling better! You can definitely understand our dilemmas as you face many similar ones. Sorry you had to cancel your trip as well. I hope you have another one lined up. That is they key!

I have not been here for a few days and I am impressed at all the things you have accomplished.
Looks like you have things under control.
Good thoughts and prayers at the doctor appointment on Tuesday.
Take care.
Rose

Thanks, I hope we gets some news and good would be even better.

I hope things are ok today and I wanted to say how much I love your Golden Spoon ticker! Roll on recovery Fran you have 60% to go! :flower3:

So far I have two yes votes for TR here and a whatever.

Alison if you don't post it here you'll have to share the link :goodvibes

Hope you're both doing ok and Fran is starting to heal a little. Hope todays trip to the Doctors is a little better!!

Hope your doctor visit today goes better than the one last week (at least I think you said Tuesday was the next appointment)!

I am looking forward to read all about your birthday bash! Wherever you post it! But if I were you I would prefer to start new and fresh and focus on the positive things in a new PTR. :goodvibes

The only upside to this whole thing is that I have the potential to put $3500+ in my wallet if they are all rented.

I hope that at least works out for you!

He has had some extensive dental work this year which has depleted his savings, so “Sharing the Disney Magic with Naked Jim” is going to have to wait until about the same time next year.

That stinks. Hopefully you will all get to try this again sometime.

When I canceled the Dream Cruise yesterday, 50% of the cruise fare went back on the gift cards that we paid for it with. I have to apply to the Travel Insurance company to get the other 50% back. With a Doctor’s note saying that she has a fracture in her leg, I’m pretty sure we’ll get the money back.

Thank goodness you had the travel insurance!

Looks like my whole year has just changed drastically!

Yeah, to say the least! So many cancellations...Ugh. I just hope Fran can heal and get back on her feet so you two can start having fun again. Hang in there, Alison! It'll get better.

Should I hijack this TR to do a TR on that or should I start another one on the DL boards? What do you folks think?

Well, we're all here! Why not just slap on a fresh coat of paint?

I am glad that you are managing to get stuff sorted out. At least you managed the two night cruise for October.

I think this would be the perfect place to add the report for your birthday party.

Corinna

Thanks, I'll need to wrap up the cancelation process tomorrow morning.

OK so we're three for here, a whatever and one for new so far.

Here's the full Table of Contents from "Stories from Other Lands". Didn't realize that "Bambi" was from some other country. Apparently it's Austrian.

Thanks for posting that Pete, I really didn't expect that to be what was in there!

Alison
I am so sorry that Fran is hurting. I hope all gets works out. I am sure it will. You know my thoughts and prayers are with you both. Damn this just sucks!!
I vote to start your trip here but whatever you do let me know so I can read along!!

Thank you. That makes 4 here, 1 whatever and 1 new.

Ugh, catching back up after my trip this weekend and I was hoping for some pixie dust. That doctor sounds like a real jerk. Hope you find a better one and get some good news. I'm so sorry you guys have to cancel everything. Big hugs and pixie dust headed West!

Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Jill in CO

I really hope today's Doc is better! I can't wait until May gets here, I am in need of a big dose of fun!

Sorry you are having to scrap all your plans!

Thanks. I really hate NOT having a plan.

Anywhere you put the TR, I will be there! It fits in this forum for sure really more up to you whether you want to start anew or not :)

Thanks, I guess it now it's 4 here, 2 whatever and 1 new.

I think this might be a good option. You could put this PTR on the backburner until you reschedule the F&W.
And a fresh start would mean that you won't be constantly reminded about having to scrap everything. :hug:

But anywhere you put your TR, you know I'll be there to read along.

OK, that makes it 4 here, 2 whatever, 2 new.

Wow... all the cancellations, and trip insurance and considerations about what to do going forward just looks very frustrating. And depressing. I wish you both the best. I hope she has a speedy recovery and you can move forward with some fun activities.

Thanks. It is all those things. But I guess it could be worse. At least we can manage her care from home, it's just a PITA. Hopefully better times are coming soon.

We miss you by 2 weeks there. :(

the plans look good for the first day.

Sorry to hear she fell.

That is too bad you had to cancel. DVC is tricky on how to cancel.

The chicken Parm sounds good. Sorry it is happened. I would think you could rent them out.

Glad you got a new doctor and I am sure it was for the best.

Hoping the other cruises can happen but her healing is most important.

Don’t forget to cancel Owners Locker, didn’t see it on the list.

Do the report here.

Oh Alison, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. And I am truly sorry for the pain and suffering that Fran is going through. Hugs to both of you.

It looks like you are well on your way to rearranging everything and getting your $$ sorted out. i really hope David's works out for you.

As for where to put the TR, I think a fresh start might be the right thing. Let this one but the trials and tribulations, and a fresh PTR/TR for the Birthday plans. That way there will not be as much negative material on a happy occasion. Just my 2 cents worth.

The appointment is today right? Hopefully it goes well.

Ugh, so many changes i'm so sorry. I'm hoping someone will rent all those points you put on David's site and you get all that money for it. That would be a huge plus!

Don't care where you put your 50th bday link, i'll be there! Or here maybe:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter